peteranna

Sent IV and supporting docs electronically end of August

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is this normal????? I sent the ds-260 electronically and all the supporting documents at the end of August. This week we managed to finally send off the AOS and supporting documents....I call the NVC this week and they said they have the DS-260 but not my supporting documents, ie: civil docs, police clearance, birth certificate etc....But, I received the confirmation email that they did in fact receive them (in August and to allow 20 days to upload into their system)...But the operator said it's not in their system and told me to resend them...####### is going on???

Is this normal????? I sent the ds-260 electronically and all the supporting documents at the end of August. This week we managed to finally send off the AOS and supporting documents....I call the NVC this week and they said they have the DS-260 but not my supporting documents, ie: civil docs, police clearance, birth certificate etc....But, I received the confirmation email that they did in fact receive them (in August and to allow 20 days to upload into their system)...But the operator said it's not in their system and told me to resend them...####### is going on???

Did you optin for EP? As electronic processing is still optional for Canada, you need to send an optin email.

Timeline

Did you optin for EP? As electronic processing is still optional for Canada, you need to send an optin email.

Yep I certainly did optin...and I waited and they confirmed I was opted in...what happened was i sent the ds-260 electronically end of August...then 3-4 days later I submitted all the supporting documents. I received a response

"We have received documents....wait 20 days" Then a few days after that I received a checklist saying to send them all the supporting documents. HUH? They confirmed in an email that they received them, then send me a checklist telling me to send them everything that I had already sent...So we had to wait until October to send the I-864, because I sold my house and we are using mostly assets to qualify. I called them up this week and they tell me they don't have my civil documents and to resend them again...So I do. I donno what to think.....

Yep I certainly did optin...and I waited and they confirmed I was opted in...what happened was i sent the ds-260 electronically end of August...then 3-4 days later I submitted all the supporting documents. I received a response

"We have received documents....wait 20 days" Then a few days after that I received a checklist saying to send them all the supporting documents. HUH? They confirmed in an email that they received them, then send me a checklist telling me to send them everything that I had already sent...So we had to wait until October to send the I-864, because I sold my house and we are using mostly assets to qualify. I called them up this week and they tell me they don't have my civil documents and to resend them again...So I do. I donno what to think.....

Hmm, if you did optin and only emailed the IV package after your optin was successful, then it's weird that they "lost" it. Hopefully they don't "lose" your AOS or IV package this time around.

Timeline

Hmm, if you did optin and only emailed the IV package after your optin was successful, then it's weird that they "lost" it. Hopefully they don't "lose" your AOS or IV package this time around.

The operator did not say it was lost....she said the supporting docs for the IV package had not been uploaded into their system so I should resubmit it, which I did. I originally sent the ds-260 and supporting docs in August WITH confirmation that it was received. The only thing I can think of is: Because I did not submit the AOS package around the same time in August they decided not to upload anything...who knows...I wonder if others had a similar experience....

The operator did not say it was lost....she said the supporting docs for the IV package had not been uploaded into their system so I should resubmit it, which I did. I originally sent the ds-260 and supporting docs in August WITH confirmation that it was received. The only thing I can think of is: Because I did not submit the AOS package around the same time in August they decided not to upload anything...who knows...I wonder if others had a similar experience....

Not sending in the AOS package at the same time doesn't have anything to do with it. And they obviously "lost" your IV package otherwise it would have been loaded properly into their system. Hopefully, this time around, they don't lose it and properly load it in their system, and quickly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The same thing happen to me we send ds260 on sep 6 and sep 12 civil documents scaned and everytime i call they said they need my civil documents to complete my case finally a nice operator send my case to a supervisor and today after 9 business days finally got case completed !!! Good luck keep calling nvc and ask them to send your case to a supervisor :)

Timeline

Not sending in the AOS package at the same time doesn't have anything to do with it. And they obviously "lost" your IV package otherwise it would have been loaded properly into their system. Hopefully, this time around, they don't lose it and properly load it in their system, and quickly.

from your lips....

The same thing happen to me we send ds260 on sep 6 and sep 12 civil documents scaned and everytime i call they said they need my civil documents to complete my case finally a nice operator send my case to a supervisor and today after 9 business days finally got case completed !!! Good luck keep calling nvc and ask them to send your case to a supervisor :)

ok i will keep calling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.