jose_leti

translating emails and chat logs for juarez

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm just starting the visa process, but from what I can tell everything, including emails and chatlogs, needs to be translated but it's not necessary for it to be an officially certified/notarized translation. My emails and chatlogs with my Mexican partner are in Spanish as well, so I'm translating them myself and having a friend who works as a translator sign off on them .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm just starting the visa process, but from what I can tell everything, including emails and chatlogs, needs to be translated but it's not necessary for it to be an officially certified/notarized translation. My emails and chatlogs with my Mexican partner are in Spanish as well, so I'm translating them myself and having a friend who works as a translator sign off on them .

ciudad juarez does not state that they need to be translated to english, this is where i am confused.

Timeline

Ok maybe someone else can back me up on this. As far as what I read about Juarez any documents not in English or the native language of the country you are interviewing should be translated. So since its in Mexico and in Spanish then it would not need to be translated. Otherwise we would all have to have thier birth certificates and police records translated into English for the interview. If anyone disagrees let us know as our interview is next week.

Edited by Jalos-LongBeach

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any forms filled out need to be in English and I thought I read some where that the documentation should be translated, but I could be wrong. Regarding emails and chat logs, I would not worry about those. They are mostly just to prove you have a relationship and have been communicating. In fact, I blurred out a lot of my emails and chats so they could not read the personal stuff. As long as the names and dates are legible, then you should be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok maybe someone else can back me up on this. As far as what I read about Juarez any documents not in English or the native language of the country you are interviewing should be translated. So since its in Mexico and in Spanish then it would not need to be translated. Otherwise we would all have to have thier birth certificates and police records translated into English for the interview. If anyone disagrees let us know as our interview is next week.

This is correct. If it is in Spanish, it does not need to be translated for the K-1 visa interview in Juarez.

Anything sent to the USCIS that is not in English needs to be translated, such as for the I-129F petition or I-485 adjustment of status filing. When it comes time for AOS, you will need documents translated to English but the translations can be done by anyone that is fluent in both languages: http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

By the way, no police records are needed for Juarez unless there is a criminal history.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The person that translates them, needs to sign the certification (that would be you): http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

I do not think there is a need to translate all your chat logs. Proof of ongoing relationship is not required with the I-129F petition and so they probably will not bother reading your logs anyway, and they do not need to be translated from Spanish to show at the K-1 interview in Juarez.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

My husband said they barely glanced at our chat logs when he went to his interview in Juarez. He said his interviewer looked really bored jaja. I had our chat logs and emails and such sooo organized, but I'm happy he had them as evidence anyways. I wouldn't worry at all about the translation.

3 Months of Marriage ;D

Timeline

My husband said they barely glanced at our chat logs when he went to his interview in Juarez. He said his interviewer looked really bored jaja. I had our chat logs and emails and such sooo organized, but I'm happy he had them as evidence anyways. I wouldn't worry at all about the translation.

ok thanks for the updates. thats what i thought. im not going to translate them until AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.