victorioussect

Adminstrative Reveiw Reasons? Any postive experiences?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

From what I read from many topics people say get congressman involved and the uscis website says wait 60 days after denial but there is never a denial other than we were told that our petition was sent back to USCIS I am trying to be proactive but so much conflicting and limited information!! and the strange part is during the interview she told him apply for k3 she suggested to get married, of course she did not tell him why she denied and he asked believe me any info would help she seemed awful concerned that I was a revert Muslim by my own accord and not swayed by my relationship that blossomed a year after my reversion that seemed to seriously concern her and her questions disturbed my fiance :wacko: any insight would help ease my nerves and my fiances thank you!!!

VeYjm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

From what I read from many topics people say get congressman involved and the uscis website says wait 60 days after denial but there is never a denial other than we were told that our petition was sent back to USCIS I am trying to be proactive but so much conflicting and limited information!! and the strange part is during the interview she told him apply for k3 she suggested to get married, of course she did not tell him why she denied and he asked believe me any info would help she seemed awful concerned that I was a revert Muslim by my own accord and not swayed by my relationship that blossomed a year after my reversion that seemed to seriously concern her and her questions disturbed my fiance :wacko: any insight would help ease my nerves and my fiances thank you!!!

I am very sorry this happened to you. If it was sent back to USCIS there might be a chance to get them to reaffirm it but from what I have observed many times the petition comes back and about 6 months later when they review it they will say it has expired and close it out. Then other times it will sit and sit and you will never hear anything. It sounds to me like they did not believe your relationship and was encouraging you to marry and apply again. I am sure there are many here that this has happened to because Morocco is one of the most difficult consulates to get and approval from. Best of luck and hang in there because true love will prevail inshallah!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

With the cases of members on here it is not unusual for K1s to be sent back then one receives a notice (maybe) since nothing has happened they are closing the case.

I too shot out many emails to the consulate, called USCIS with no avail. WE chose to marry, file for a spousal visa and spend our waiting time as positive as possible.

Stay on VJ and READ.

There are many many stories like yours and it is helpful to find out what they did to finally be together.

What ever route you chose...your present K1 or IR1 / CR1 ......u will still have to figure out what were your red flags with your case that made the CO decide to not approve your case.

Short courtship?

What questions did your fiance not answer correctly?

is there a Large AGE gap?

and what was checked on your 221 (g)?

BTW your timeline indicates your SO had 2 interviews??

Good Luck to you...I know it is hard but if you both love each other...in the end it will work out, GOD willing, one way or another.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

With the cases of members on here it is not unusual for K1s to be sent back then one receives a notice (maybe) since nothing has happened they are closing the case.

I too shot out many emails to the consulate, called USCIS with no avail. WE chose to marry, file for a spousal visa and spend our waiting time as positive as possible.

Stay on VJ and READ.

There are many many stories like yours and it is helpful to find out what they did to finally be together.

What ever route you chose...your present K1 or IR1 / CR1 ......u will still have to figure out what were your red flags with your case that made the CO decide to not approve your case.

Short courtship?

What questions did your fiance not answer correctly?

is there a Large AGE gap?

and what was checked on your 221 (g)?

BTW your timeline indicates your SO had 2 interviews??

Good Luck to you...I know it is hard but if you both love each other...in the end it will work out, GOD willing, one way or another.

thank you for your kind words I too am confused as he had one interview on sept 26th and then called back for a so called interview,on Oct 3 that consisted of them handing him the 221g form this is another reason I was confused, if that was the second interview who knows?? all part of the mystery we have been involved since oct 2008 not a short courtship, he was confused about the engagment as we did not have a formal engagement we have been engaged since 2009 and serious about one another in that sense, also he is 30 I am 35 nothing major in age and nothing but the 221g was checked nothing else that would give clues as to what the reasoning hence the maddening confusion :blink: our love and our commitment is undeniable thanks for the reassurance it means alot !!!

VeYjm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thank you for your kind words I too am confused as he had one interview on sept 26th and then called back for a so called interview,on Oct 3 that consisted of them handing him the 221g form this is another reason I was confused, if that was the second interview who knows?? all part of the mystery we have been involved since oct 2008 not a short courtship, he was confused about the engagment as we did not have a formal engagement we have been engaged since 2009 and serious about one another in that sense, also he is 30 I am 35 nothing major in age and nothing but the 221g was checked nothing else that would give clues as to what the reasoning hence the maddening confusion :blink: our love and our commitment is undeniable thanks for the reassurance it means alot !!!

Have you tried to email the consulate and ask them why the 221g was checked but had no reason? I don't know if they will tell you but it never hurts to try.

How many times have you been to Morocco to see him?

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

Have you tried to email the consulate and ask them why the 221 g was checked but had no reason? I don't know if they will tell you but it never hurts to try.

How many times have you been to Morocco to see him?

Good one Hamigirl...maybe it was one visit? Not enough...or

Victorious needs to really ask her SO what were the questions and what was his answer

cuz as OP stated they did not have the usual red flags.

If the top part of the 221 is checked it is indicated the general reason of the person's application did not comply to the provisions of INA act or regulations blah blah blah

So I am assuming the reason is the Non Bona Fide Relationship but they wont answer why specifically. She can go the FOIA but that take so long...

I say drill the Fiance... :blink:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Victorious needs to really ask her SO what were the questions and what was his answer

If the top part of the 221 is checked it is indicated the general reason of the person's application did not comply to the provisions of INA act or regulations blah blah blah

So I am assuming the reason is the Non Bona Fide Relationship but they wont answer why specifically. She can go the FOIA but that take so long...

thanks ladies I went one time and spent 3 months with my daughters 2011 , he told me everything she almost did not believe or accept that I was a revert Muslim without his influence that was the only thing out of the ordinary, she was abrupt and rude and he said she often breathed deeply as if being irritated from the beginning , I have called the consulate 4 times and are not disclosing any info seems like it's our right to know riiight???

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

thanks ladies I went one time and spent 3 months with my daughters 2011 , he told me everything she almost did not believe or accept that I was a revert Muslim without his influence that was the only thing out of the ordinary, she was abrupt and rude and he said she often breathed deeply as if being irritated from the beginning , I have called the consulate 4 times and are not disclosing any info seems like it's our right to know riiight???

two visits total responding from my phone seems I didn't communicate that well ;)

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

what is FIOA

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

Freedom Of Information Act

I think it is also called form G-639 but I here it takes long.

It was advised to me but I did not pursue my K1

The way you are stating your situation not having big red flags and you did visit 2 then I am stumped and

would ask USCIS to reaffirm your case. And not wait till they contact you. Be proactive.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Freedom Of Information Act

I think it is also called form G-639 but I here it takes long.

It was advised to me but I did not pursue my K1

The way you are stating your situation not having big red flags and you did visit 2 then I am stumped and

would ask USCIS to reaffirm your case. And not wait till they contact you. Be proactive.

thank you soo much for your time and information!! I just got off the phone with USCIS service center, and interesting information came about seems they made a mistake and kept our approval for 2 months and that ate up our 4 month processing time and he told me to call back in the end of the month and insha Allah they will have received the packet as to where they can re asses our situation due to their error. Oh I hope this was the reason for all this madness thank you everyone for input and I really appreciate every single person in this forum as if we have not communicated I have learned from you believe that!! and I will keep everyone posted as it is sooo important every detail I have learned :luv:

VeYjm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for tos violation and member thread banned.

one post removed for quoting that post, post returned below minus the quote.

Why do I suspect that you have never ever been to any MENA country, nor know anyone from one ? That might account for the spewing of ignorance.

Happily, the consulates that handle MENA cases have a much better understanding about those countries and their societies than random uninformed people with wild notions that seem to be gleaned from Islamophobia sites.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I never saw the original comment, but thanks for leaving WOM's bada## retort Charles. It was worth leaving up :thumbs:

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I never saw the original comment, but thanks for leaving WOM's bada## retort Charles. It was worth leaving up :thumbs:

You didn't miss much... just a recitation of #1 - #5 from Pamela Geller's Top Ten List.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.