Jasonrichard

Can I Change Jobs whilst Waiting for Conditions to be removed

5 posts in this topic

Hello There

I got my resident card in march 2010, it had a 2 year expiry date to march 2012.

In Jan 2012 I applied to get the conditions removed.

In Febuary of 2012 . I got the letter to go to my local uscis office, where i had my photo and fingerprints retaken.

I got a letter in the post telling me my status had been extended by 12 months.

But since then nothing.

My wife and I have been married for 3 and a half years she is a US citizen, I am from the United Kingdom we have 2 children together who were both born in the usa.

I work in the aerospace industry and have done for the last 25 years I have recently been offered a new job with another aerospace company.

The only thing I have to prove to them that I can legally work in this country is a outdated permenant resident card accompanied by a 12 month extenstion letter.

Will this be acceptable and why has it taken them 10 months to still not give me my new resident card..?

I understand everyones case is individual and different. but I have do not or never have had a criminal record both here and the United Kingdom.

Can anyone on here help and is this the normal processing time.

Yes, the extension letter does exactly that, it extends your status for a year. You can change your job, and travel, and do everything. If you want something more concrete, you can get a I-551 stamp in your passport that proves your LPR status.

Removal of Conditions, especially if your file is at the Vermont Service Center, is taking around 9 months or more. That should not impede your normal life in any way.

Here is the latest tally from the January filers group: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343787-i-751-january-2012-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5737756

It shows 11% approved at Vermont. I'd expect your approval soon.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

congrats on the new job offer! take it and enjoy! if you put your life on hold waiting for your 10yr green card you're going to miss out on a lot of stuff :thumbs:

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, the extension letter does exactly that, it extends your status for a year. You can change your job, and travel, and do everything. If you want something more concrete, you can get a I-551 stamp in your passport that proves your LPR status.

Removal of Conditions, especially if your file is at the Vermont Service Center, is taking around 9 months or more. That should not impede your normal life in any way.

Here is the latest tally from the January filers group: http://www.visajourn...ost__p__5737756

It shows 11% approved at Vermont. I'd expect your approval soon.

This post has been edited by Harpa Timsah: Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Can you get the I551 stamp if you recently replied to an RFE? As in my case, just sending my reply to RFE and may be changing jobs too.

Patience is virtue needed by all, so folks always pray and be patient! Goodluck all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.