bunker buster

is this the normal waiting time for Visa?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were interviewed and approve for the K1 visa last Sept. 27. From the other threads I read its usually 6 days to receive the passport. Its now on its tenth day is this within the normal waiting period of the passports?

I emailed the passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com only receive this reply:

"The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post."

Does this indicate that my passport was mailed from USEM to 2go? or do they mean its still in the process of being picked up at USEM?

I went to the online website (where I did the interview schedule) can't find any option to track the status of my passport?

2Go website doesn't show anything.

Also used the USID#, MNL# and passport# nothing came up.

Sorry for impatience I already bought the plane ticket that's why I'm kind of worried.

i know how you feel,, please stay relax, yeah it is still within the normal waiting period, i know some people received their visa more than 10 days, a friend of mine received her visa 14 workings days after her interview date...so don't be worried so much, and also it varies from locations too..just be patient your visa will be on your hands soon,, but i know that you can track your visa through 2GO website using your manila case no# ( anybody can correct me if i am wrong) :yes:

it depends on the location, some say they receive the package from 10-15 days, so just hang in there its gonna arrive soon :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Confucius say, never make travel plans or buy plane ticket until visa in hand.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Yah, but I'm sure he didn't have to wait 8 or 9 months apart from his love haha. :rofl:

He might sing a different tune after so long apart. :thumbs:

I'm in the same situation as you - bought airplane tickets 3 weeks after interview. When you try to track using MNL do you include "MNL" or just the numbers in your MNL?

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were interviewed and approve for the K1 visa last Sept. 27. From the other threads I read its usually 6 days to receive the passport. Its now on its tenth day is this within the normal waiting period of the passports?

I emailed the passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com only receive this reply:

"The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post."

Does this indicate that my passport was mailed from USEM to 2go? or do they mean its still in the process of being picked up at USEM?

I went to the online website (where I did the interview schedule) can't find any option to track the status of my passport?

2Go website doesn't show anything.

Also used the USID#, MNL# and passport# nothing came up.

Sorry for impatience I already bought the plane ticket that's why I'm kind of worried.

Yes that means that it was scheduled for pickup by 2GO

As for normal wait time ............. there isn't a normal. For my wife it was 14 days and she was more or less metro Manila, for others its 3 days and for others yet it took a month.............. So what is normal?

Yah, but I'm sure he didn't have to wait 8 or 9 months apart from his love haha. :rofl:

He might sing a different tune after so long apart. :thumbs:

I'm in the same situation as you - bought airplane tickets 3 weeks after interview. When you try to track using MNL do you include "MNL" or just the numbers in your MNL?

Thanks

just the numbers

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

just the numbers

18 days seemed like a lot of time, no one that I'd heard was reporting a wait that long. So it seemed like a safe bet. Of course now that we're 6 days out from the interview and the automated email system says it's "still with post" I'm starting to get nervous. :wacko:

18 days seemed like a lot of time, no one that I'd heard was reporting a wait that long. So it seemed like a safe bet. Of course now that we're 6 days out from the interview and the automated email system says it's "still with post" I'm starting to get nervous. :wacko:

[/quote

I was interviewed last September 10. It's been 20 days and still don't receive it yet. I really hope to have it this week. I've been calling the embassy for updates and informed me to follow up again this week.

Timeline

I was interviewed last September 10. It's been 20 days and still don't receive it yet. I really hope to have it this week. I've been calling the embassy for updates and informed me to follow up again this week.

Wow, that's a really long wait. I didn't think it would even be possible to have so much delay. I'm sorry u have to wait so long. I really hope ours doesn't take that long. :(:huh:

Edited by newbster

Timeline

@Sincere

When you call the embassy did you use the 9029830 number? Or were you able to speak somebody from the US Embassy itself? (in case the US EMbassy itself what number did you use?

Timeline

I Agree! Good Advice!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

@Sincere

When you call the embassy did you use the 9029830 number? Or were you able to speak somebody from the US Embassy itself? (in case the US EMbassy itself what number did you use?

What's the best way to call them? I've been using the answering service that they have, using this number from the U.S. (214) 571-1600

Is there a better way to reach someone from the embassy?

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number (and email)

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 (local number: USEM 301-2000 loc 5184/5185 call them around 3-4:30pm)

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address: IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less. The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

TRACK YOUR VISA/PASSPORT AT THE EMBASSY

Here is a link for requirements for receiving your passport with the visa, there are also options for tracking the status of your visa/passport is currently. You can also change delivery options.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

2GO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR CHECKING DELIVERY

2Go customer service hotline (+632) 5287-136 is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT/VISA THROUGH 2GO

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp Enter your MNL number or passport number

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks Hank but when I call the (214) number it feels like I'm talking to robots, not someone at the actual embassy. The post before mine seemed to indicate that there were alternate ways to reach the embassy itself. Your post just re-iterates the (214) number I was already using. Thanks though - but maybe someone has another method?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.