HELP me please

Bringing 10lb dog with me on a K1 visa

20 posts in this topic

Final destination is Newark. How do I affix the food and water bowls inside the crate?

You should be able to get plastic food and water bowls from a pet store that will affix to the inside of the crate. Square ones fit best. Use zip ties or something similar to make sure they are secure.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Lanie. I was able to find metal food bowls that can be attached to the crate door. Hopefully they accept it. I already called united and submitted my pet's booking form. Hopefully everything works out. Thanks guys. If everything works out alright, I think I will post about my experience to help others wanting to bring their pets to the US.

Met at school: August 2008

Dated Officially: Sept 22, 2008

Engaged: April 24, 2011

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-06-22

NVC Received : 2012-07-13

NVC Left : 2012-07-17

Interview Date : 2012-08-14

Interview Result : Administrative Review

USEM Document Request: Sept 11, 2012

Documents sent: Sept 24, 2012

Documents received: Sept 25, 2012

Forwarded to the Consular officer: Sept 28, 2012

Visa Issued: OCt 3, 2012

Final processing: Oct 3, 2012

Received text msg from 2go: Oct 5, 2012

Visa Received : 2012-10-06

US Entry : 2012-10-19

Applied for SSN: 11-06-2012

SSN Issued: 11-22-2012

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd look into the Sherpa bags. They are in cabin carriers for dogs and cats made specifically to American Airlines standards. I always fly my (get ready for it) 15 lb cat in cabin. Much easier on the pet and me. I have crates my 15 lb dog and flown her once in cargo. We had one stop in Chicago, our flight was delayed. It was so stressful. Make sure you check what documents the airlines need AND immigration. When I went to Canada they had to see her actual rabies cert and not just the travel doc from my vet that listed her vaccines. Some requirements are country specific. Also be sure you tell them you are flying a pet when you book! Most airlines will only take two in cabin pets and/or two cargo pets. Check weather restrictions! Airlines won't fly pets in cargo certain months of the year and during certain weather conditions and temperature. Honestly, in cabin is the way to go if your dog is a small lap dog breed. Mine is a sheltie so she was just barely too tall and way too long to go in cabin with me. Be prepared for the per ticket to cost anywhere from. $150-400 and then the visits to the vet.

Hawaii is it's own ball game because it's an island and they quarantine. It's a headache.

Our Timeline

Nov. 6, 2010 ~ Met playing Left 4 Dead 2!

Nov. 21, 2010 ~ Made it Facebook official ;)

Jan. 18, 2011 ~ Held hands for the first time on U.S. soil

July 26, 2011 ~ Met his family in Canada

July 30, 2011 ~ A question, a ring, a puppy, and a YES!

Sept. 19, 2012 ~ Overnighted I-129F packet

Sept. 30, 2012 ~ NOA1 received, dated 9/21

Every day since ~ In love, in waiting, impatient!

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Whoops! Guess you already booked haha I didn't go to the last page

Our Timeline

Nov. 6, 2010 ~ Met playing Left 4 Dead 2!

Nov. 21, 2010 ~ Made it Facebook official ;)

Jan. 18, 2011 ~ Held hands for the first time on U.S. soil

July 26, 2011 ~ Met his family in Canada

July 30, 2011 ~ A question, a ring, a puppy, and a YES!

Sept. 19, 2012 ~ Overnighted I-129F packet

Sept. 30, 2012 ~ NOA1 received, dated 9/21

Every day since ~ In love, in waiting, impatient!

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where are the stopovers? If it is Hawaii, and the stopover is less than 24 hours, then they go to the Humane Society Pet Port at the Honolulu airport where they are well looked after. You can even go visit your dog there.

I have flown dogs on United, Hawaiian Air, and very soon Delta, throughout the Pacific. All good experiences so far.