jarta

AOS interview in Michigan

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So I had my interview today in the morning. It was at 8:00AM but for reason I thought it was at 8:30AM. Anyway I arrived around 7:55AM but they guy at the receptionist counter couldn’t find my name on his list. Sigh... eventually, he found my name on a list in a separate pile and he told me to wait so that he can find my interviewing officer. As we were waiting for him find my interviewing officer, I heard my name over the intercom. So I went to the door where I heard my name but my interview officer had left. She eventually came back and called us in.

She was really nice, she asked what happened the first time she called for us. I explained what happened and she just laughed and said its okay. She swore us in and asked us of our driver’s license and passports. I told I don’t have one since Michigan wouldn't give me one because my I94 has expired. Then she said - shame on you. She then laughed and said - I am kidding, I understand.

She then asked the following questions

- you arrived on this date, at this air port and gave away your brown envelope to the officer at the air port?

- did you marry within 3 months of your arrival?

- do you have a SSN yet?

- how did you meet?

- how did we maintain the relationship when we were apart

- do you have anything to prove that you are sharing things together. She kept the evidence I brought. – Bank statements and apartment lease.

- I am going to ask you some personal questions - she then went through all the question on the application form (she wasn’t reading it from the application and so we looked surprised that she knows all the questions. When she realized that we were looking at her in surprise – she said yes I know all those questions by heart!).

And then asked me my name and pointed out that my middle is spelled wrong on my application form. I was like no way!!! But she was right! I had never noticed that my middle name has been spelled wrongly on my birth cert!! She then told me to get it fixed by getting a name change. I looked reluctant and so she told me to get a new birth certificate with the right name since it seems the wrong name is on the birth cert. She said I should do it asap since it can affect my future USCIS applications.

She then looked through our pictures and asked us just one question about the pictures. She then told us that she just needs to do one more check and that we should know by the end of the day. And then she told us we would have to take off the condition on the card 3 months before it expires. She gave us document explaining it.

I then asked her if I could leave the country and return with my advance parole..She said yes but I can also make an infopass to get green card stamp in my passport should the green card not arrive before my tripe. She further explained that they say it takes about 3 weeks to get the card in the mail, but it actually takes about 5 days.

She thanked us and said bye.

We checked our online status later and it says this –

Decision

On October 4, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I think it means we have been approved??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats friend.I will advice you to wait and get your GC before you travel to be on a safer side.congrats once more.I wanna ask you how long does it take you to complete this process?

Timeline

Congrats friend.I will advice you to wait and get your GC before you travel to be on a safer side.congrats once more.I wanna ask you how long does it take you to complete this process?

if you mean the green card process - from filling to interview, look at my timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=0&id=110116

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Was she a white woman with brown hair in the last office on the left? It sounds to me like you will get it.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Was she a white woman with brown hair in the last office on the left? It sounds to me like you will get it.

she is white and had a brown hair, her office was the last one but its on the right not the left.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.