Foxblood

Importance of being present when fiance goes for interview

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I didn't make it to my wife's interview because I had already booked my reservation for 2 weeks after the interview and my vacation time was limited and I stated that in the EOR. My wife also brought my itinerary and the receipt of my flight reservation for proof. Start preparing your wife for the interview, the more comfortable she is with the questions the better off she will be, even though she will be very nervous. Good luck!

Yes - this is good advice. We have been preparing for the interview for the last 5 months LOL. I am honestly not too worried about the interview. My fiance speaks better English then a lot of Americans I know. I read over the reviews and took note of the majority of the questions. Unless they throw a major curve ball of a question we should be just fine. I am more worried about presenting enough evidence and proving our relationship than the interview. My first trip to China we did not take any pictures together. We were so happy to be together that we did not even think of it! I did keep my plane ticket stub and I kept all of my receipts. We also went to an amusement park and I keep the tickets. The second trip I took I visited her family so I have lots of pictures. I tried to take pictures of us together in locations that could only be located in China. I also took pictures of us together with all of her family members. I got each of the family members to write a letter in both Chinese and English confirming that they met me and that I wish to marry my fiance. I also had her friends dot he same thing. We have sent cards to each other during our 6 month wait for NOA2 (still have not received) *shakes fist at Vermont Service Center*

Timeline

I respectfully disagree, my EOR was not notarized, and seems to have received the same amount of attention from the CO as described in your interview review.

My impression is that the EOR is but another puzzle piece of the application puzzle that the CO may use in determining if the relationship is genuine and ongoing. I felt that the EOR merely bolstered the strength of the entire visa application in the eye's of the CO. I know that Darnell recommends to get it notarized. I didn't, got a similar successful result, and spend the $50 on a nice celebratory diinner.

My wife's interview lasted about 10 minutes, a couple of questions, scanned the photos; the CO's final comments were to congratulate her on a successful interview and to wish her happy birthday. The CO had evidently done his homework, my wife didn't go in and announce that it was her birthday, I presume that the CO had previously gleaned that bit of information from our documents. The CO never did ask for any supplemental or corroborating evidence.

IMHO, it is the strength of the entire visa application that is paramount in obtaining a successful conclusion to that phase of the visa journey.

YMMV

Yes - I agree with this. Its the entire body of evidence that counts. I am doing my best to provide a strong body of evidence to leave no doubt! I appreciate the reply.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

to the OP -

IMO, if this would be yer second trip,

then by all means go.

If this would be yer 10th trip, then IMO being there won't matter

UNLESS you have red flags to discuss with a CO prior to interview day .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

to the OP -

IMO, if this would be yer second trip,

then by all means go.

If this would be yer 10th trip, then IMO being there won't matter

UNLESS you have red flags to discuss with a CO prior to interview day .

Thank you very much for the reply.

This would be my third trip =)

No red flags I can think of.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.