davenella

K1- how to get started?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I really need help with all of this! i don't understand much .. i only can see that there is a lot of procedures and i'm getting so scared :(

Can someone give me an email so i can write or a hint on how should i start this?

firts .. i'm from Peru, he's from the us.

he ended his past marriage on october 2010 .. and start the papers of his divorce on July ... by January he will be free.

we met online on january 2012 .. we met on june 20 ... then he came again on september 21 and he's planning to come again as soon his work let him.

I used to have an american visa .. when i went to renew it when i was 18 they denied it .. now i'm 26 so .. that was 8 years ago .. but i'm scared that could interfere with this ... (i never try again with the visa)

Anyway .. i need so much help with this. HELP!!!

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

i also have a question .. after they give you the fiancee visa for 3 months .. ok you go to the US .. you get married and then ..

you go back to your country?????

i will really appreciate that someone could help me .....

THNAKS!!!!!!!

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The Guides here will tell you how to get started, what documents you need and what to do next, but it is your fiance in the USA that really needs to get the ball rolling: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

What kind of visa were you denied and why?

After you get married, you must file AOS (Adjustment of Status); this will get you a greencard so that you do not need to leave the USA.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.