QueenE

Can you schedule you interview online? (Lagos)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is probably a silly question, and I believe there was a discussion about this awhile ago, I should of paid attention. but what is this US Travel Docs website and can a K1 visa applicant schedule there interview from this site? or is this one of those random sites.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is probably a silly question, and I believe there was a discussion about this awhile ago, I should of paid attention. but what is this US Travel Docs website and can a K1 visa applicant schedule there interview from this site? or is this one of those random sites.

Lagos will schedule our interview. You can't do it yourself.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

No. Only for non immigrant visas.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We scheduled our interview by e-mail. Used DHL tracking that another member provided and the momment our case got to Lagos we sent an e-mail with our names birthdates and LGS #, got an appointment with in 3 days. Good luck!

Our K1 journey

01/18/2012 - sent I-29f application/petition via USPS

01/22/2012 - package delivered - Dallas TX

01/25/2012 - NOA1

01/26/2012 - got e-mail ( application received and routed to the Vermont Service Center for processing

01/26/2012 - $340.00 payment processed

01/30/2012 - NOA1 - paper copy

01/30/2012 - sent letter to USCIS because original Receipt Notice said to verify benificiarys birthdate

02/02/2012 - letter (with correct birthdate) sent via USPS delivered - Saint Albans VT

02/09/2012 - touched

07/13/2012 - NOA2 - e-mail

07/18/2012 - NOA2 - paper copy

07/20/2012 - called - NVC / got case number

07/23/2012 - called - left NVC

07/23/2012 - mailed my package to fiance - USPS Express

07/28/2012 - fiance got text message package there

07/30/2012 - got letter NVC

07/30/2012 - Lagos Embassy received

09/21/2012 - interview

<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

ticker.png

</FONT>

Filed: Timeline

Based on my very detailed research, yes you can. I even posted a copy of a session of a chat I had with the USTravelDocs rep. There is a specific prompt on the website for K1 visa applicants.

That being said, I didn't use that website to set my appointment since I needed the Passport number and as such and I didn't have that to complete the registration. When I called the Embassy the Guy just set the appointment for me in an email a few minutes later. As a Nigerian I know better than to question authority lest my file goes "missing". So I will leave the confirmation of that to others after me.

I believe the Embassy in the Philippines, as an example, uses that website to set appointments.

As always, I just share information, the onus is on the recipient to verify if it will work for their own particular situation.

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dwheels and S_R are right you can't set it yourself..... Just send them an email with your details and they will schedule it for you

Good luck

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

I didnt email them today but after I did that I came avross that website. I asked for the dhl and the rep told me they couldnt provide me with it

Holy typo batman! I meant I did email them. I can across that website*

Timeline

HELLO NVC WILL SET THE INTERVIEW DATE FOR YOU. YOU CAN NOT DO IT ONLINE. ONCE YOUR CASE HAS COMPLETED THEY WILL SET THE DATE...YOU MAY HAVE TO KEEP CALLING TO GET THE ACTUAL DATE BUT THEY SET IT. CONGRATS ON GETTING TO THE END OF THE LINE...FOR WHILE.:)

The World is Yours to Experience....Venture out into it and find Love!

Timeline

HELLO NVC WILL SET THE INTERVIEW DATE FOR YOU. YOU CAN NOT DO IT ONLINE. ONCE YOUR CASE HAS COMPLETED THEY WILL SET THE DATE...YOU MAY HAVE TO KEEP CALLING TO GET THE ACTUAL DATE BUT THEY SET IT. CONGRATS ON GETTING TO THE END OF THE LINE...FOR WHILE.:)

Nahhhh she's a K-1, the embassy schedules the interview for them not NVC smile.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

QueenE and my other Visa Journey family, I am truly sorry if I have caused any confusion, and that is why I participate in little online discussions. I saw that you are a K1 filer like myself previously and what I ment to say was that we e-mailed the Lagos Embassy and requested the earlist available interview date, we did not simply wait for them to contact us, our e-mail was sent to LagosIV@state.gov with our Lagos case number, date of birth etc and requested an interview date and they e-mailed us back with what they scheduled us for, as for a DHL and tracking, I tried a few days in a row before I was succesful, what I did was to put DHL in the search button at the top of the Visa Journey page and it had many options but when I picked the option for DHL Tracking from NVC to US Embassy it takes you to a very kind Visa Journey member who's name is: tru_loves_journey and that member has detailed istructions on how to track your package, and to find out once it is singed for by the Lagos Embassy--- I was even bold enough to sign up for online confirmation once I got the Waybill Nunber (this is if you know that your case has left NVC, good luck, God bless, and if you write back and I have not responded this is because I am now going carzy, on final stage of trying to verify if the Visa is now ready for pick up.

Our K1 journey

01/25/2012 - NOA1

01/26/2012 - got e-mail ( application received and routed to the Vermont Service Center for processing

01/30/2012 - sent letter to USCIS because original Receipt Notice said to verify benificiarys birthdate

02/02/2012 - letter (with correct birthdate) sent via USPS delivered - Saint Albans VT

02/09/2012 - touched

09/21/2012 - interview

ticker.png

</FONT>

Timeline

I understood your original post, no confusion. I just dont knw how to track dhl package without any information

QueenE and my other Visa Journey family, I am truly sorry if I have caused any confusion, and that is why I participate in little online discussions. I saw that you are a K1 filer like myself previously and what I ment to say was that we e-mailed the Lagos Embassy and requested the earlist available interview date, we did not simply wait for them to contact us, our e-mail was sent to LagosIV@state.gov with our Lagos case number, date of birth etc and requested an interview date and they e-mailed us back with what they scheduled us for, as for a DHL and tracking, I tried a few days in a row before I was succesful, what I did was to put DHL in the search button at the top of the Visa Journey page and it had many options but when I picked the option for DHL Tracking from NVC to US Embassy it takes you to a very kind Visa Journey member who's name is: tru_loves_journey and that member has detailed istructions on how to track your package, and to find out once it is singed for by the Lagos Embassy--- I was even bold enough to sign up for online confirmation once I got the Waybill Nunber (this is if you know that your case has left NVC, good luck, God bless, and if you write back and I have not responded this is because I am now going carzy, on final stage of trying to verify if the Visa is now ready for pick up.

Timeline

No problem it was hard for me too .........search from Visa Journey.....in search button at top enter. DHl Tracking From NVC to US Embassy follow the member's example, you may have to play around with the format for the date but when it works it is like Majic but was not easy......

Our K1 journey

01/25/2012 - NOA1

02/09/2012 - touched

09/21/2012 - interview

ticker.png

</FONT>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.