swati

221G pending letter processing

99 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have very similar case for my wife (IR1 category) in which she submitted the additional documents along with passport as requested in 221g at vfs-Bangalore on Sep 4th (interview date was Aug 30th at Mumbai) and its been over 1 month and still waiting... The vfs passport tracking portal says "under process". I have no clue on the next step.

did u received visa?

Timeline

Yea Naina, same as mine..last update December 7...Not sure what they are doing..Now I am waiting for January first week..lets see how it goes..

hi payal what happen to ur visa? did u get it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

omg,,,how long it has been? what is your case sinario? if u dnt care tellin

Hi Sam,

Had interview on Nov 26, 2012 in Mumbai Consulate. Got 221(G) after interview for proof of ongoing relationship. Submitted the documents along with passport on Dec 3, 2012. Got back passport without visa and another 221(G) on Jan 14, 2013. It is written in the letter, that application kept hold for administrative processing. So once they will finish the process, they will let me know to submit the passport. It is a simple white 221(G) letter.

BTW why you got 221(G)? did you submit your passport in the OFC location?

Mine is under CR1 category...

Edited by Payal Sharma

Timeline

Hi Sam,

Had interview on Nov 26, 2012 in Mumbai Consulate. Got 221(G) after interview for proof of ongoing relationship. Submitted the documents along with passport on Dec 3, 2012. Got back passport without visa and another 221(G) on Jan 14, 2013. It is written in the letter, that application kept hold for administrative processing. So once they will finish the process, they will let me know to submit the passport. It is a simple white 221(G) letter.

ueah my wife got interview in nov 21 ,she got 221 g saying that i have to go bk to us since i was ther with her for almost 8 mths , i got bk n sent all my req docs, n my wifey subbmited all the req docs on jan 10th n it saying on status that her visa case is in addmntv procsng, n here we are in q with u guys wating lol

Timeline

Hi Sam,

i dont understand your situation , urs kinds awkward aint it? i mean once u subbmit the passprt it should be fine weather they aprroved or denie idk thats insane

Timeline

i dont understand your situation , urs kinds awkward aint it? i mean once u subbmit the passprt it should be fine weather they aprroved or denie idk thats insane

nothing awkward Sam..Here many people are there with the same story of passport back and most importantly Consulate need some time to complete my case and that is why thy returned my passport and they sent me a letter saying that once they will complete my case, they will let me know and again I have to submit passport then.

Timeline

nothing awkward Sam..Here many people are there with the same story of passport back and most importantly Consulate need some time to complete my case and that is why thy returned my passport and they sent me a letter saying that once they will complete my case, they will let me know and again I have to submit passport then.

o so u mean thr are so many people they got their passport back without visa ?n what was the reason

Timeline

o so u mean thr are so many people they got their passport back without visa ?n what was the reason

Yea its true but I have no idea about their reasons but in my case, I got my passport back and also a letter stating that my immigration file is still incomplete and it is under administrative processing so once they will will complete the process, they will let me know asap and then I have to submit my passport again.

Timeline

Yea its true but I have no idea about their reasons but in my case, I got my passport back and also a letter stating that my immigration file is still incomplete and it is under administrative processing so once they will will complete the process, they will let me know asap and then I have to submit my passport again.

koo keep me posting yeah?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I also submitted some documents which were mentioned in 221G on 14th Sep (in Mumbai) along with my passport but still no update.

hi there what happen to your visa?

Timeline

I am in USA now...I got it after two weeks of submitting all the 7 documents which they asked me submit.

Hi HSN!

Wow Buddy! Good to know you are in USA now...well still no update...waiting for visa..hopefully feb - march..lets see how it goes...Wish us good luck!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I had my CR-1 Interview in Mumbai on November 8, and was handed a 221(g) paper on which the following were checked off:

1. We are carrying out an admin procedure. we will contact you when we are done.

2. Spouse must prove domicile in US

I have been checking case status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw== and as of Feb 1, it still says "visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing".

It's been over 90 days, so is there someone I can contact for more information?

Also are items 1 and 2 interlinked? I'm still gathering documentation to prove my wife's US domicile, however not sure if the admin processing is mutually exclusive from item 2.

Thanks for shedding light on this for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.