swati

221G pending letter processing

99 posts in this topic

My husband had an immigrant visa interview on Aug 7th 2012. and he didn't get visa instead they gave 221G white letter telling additional documents required to be submitted at VFS office in Mumbai. he has submitted all the required documents and his passport, they asked at VFS on Sep 14th. and since then we are trying to track his passport. first we were trackin on VFS site but now the site is closed and new site is there ustraveldocs.com/in. i want to how can we track his process? and since the VFS process has changed after sep 26th. does it apply to us since we submitted at vfs before 26th? we have mailed/called to vfs offices but did not get any proper reply regarding passport status. if someone is going through same issue please share n guide us out. btw the documents required in 221G were domicile for the petitioner since i was in india for 7th months. they asked me to go back and send proof of it. and we had gathered proof like boarding passes, tickets, bank statements, proof of address etc. and 2nd thing they asked was joint sponsor. we gathered all the documents n it is been submitted at VFS. its been 15 days and we still haven't heard anything back :( please help.

Thank You

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Swati,

If you go to this website https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/TrackYourPassport.aspx you can probably track the passport. Hoping this helps

I-130 Timeline

--------USCIS STAGE ---------

13-Feb-2012: I-130 Petition Mailed

14-Feb-2012: I-130 Petition Received

16-Feb-2012: NoA1 via text/email. Case transferred to VSC.

21-Feb-2012: NoA1 hard copy received.

28-Jun-2012: Approval Notice via email

02-Jul-2012: NoA2 hard copy received.

--------NVC STAGE--------

03-Jul-2012: NVC received case

18-Jul-2012: Case#/ IIN received

19-Jul-2012: NVC took email addresses of wife and mine

19-Jul-2012: DS3032 Emailed

24-Jul-2012: AOS Bill Paid

25-Jul-2012: AOS payment Accepted by NVC

26-Jul-2012: Mailed AOS Packet

27-Jul-2012: NVC received AOS packet

31-Jul-2012: DS3032 Accepted

01-Aug-2012: DS230 Bill Paid

02-Aug-2012: AOS Accepted

02-Aug-2012: Mailed IV Packet

03-Aug-2012: NVC received IV Packet

08-Aug-2012: IV Accepted

08-Aug-2012: Case Completed

---------Interview Stage----------

14-Sept-2012: Interview Date assigned

15-Oct-2012: VISA APPROVED!

11-Nov-2012: POE! Journey ended!

Swati,

If you go to this website https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/TrackYourPassport.aspx you can probably track the passport. Hoping this helps

Thank You for the link. it says passport is in progress under u.S consulate. any idea how long does it take for it to receive passport?

Timeline

Thank You for the link. it says passport is in progress under u.S consulate. any idea how long does it take for it to receive passport?

I am not sure. Try contacting Consulate or visit VFS office near your area for more information.

I-130 Timeline

--------USCIS STAGE ---------

13-Feb-2012: I-130 Petition Mailed

14-Feb-2012: I-130 Petition Received

16-Feb-2012: NoA1 via text/email. Case transferred to VSC.

21-Feb-2012: NoA1 hard copy received.

28-Jun-2012: Approval Notice via email

02-Jul-2012: NoA2 hard copy received.

--------NVC STAGE--------

03-Jul-2012: NVC received case

18-Jul-2012: Case#/ IIN received

19-Jul-2012: NVC took email addresses of wife and mine

19-Jul-2012: DS3032 Emailed

24-Jul-2012: AOS Bill Paid

25-Jul-2012: AOS payment Accepted by NVC

26-Jul-2012: Mailed AOS Packet

27-Jul-2012: NVC received AOS packet

31-Jul-2012: DS3032 Accepted

01-Aug-2012: DS230 Bill Paid

02-Aug-2012: AOS Accepted

02-Aug-2012: Mailed IV Packet

03-Aug-2012: NVC received IV Packet

08-Aug-2012: IV Accepted

08-Aug-2012: Case Completed

---------Interview Stage----------

14-Sept-2012: Interview Date assigned

15-Oct-2012: VISA APPROVED!

11-Nov-2012: POE! Journey ended!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband had an immigrant visa interview on Aug 7th 2012. and he didn't get visa instead they gave 221G white letter telling additional documents required to be submitted at VFS office in Mumbai. he has submitted all the required documents and his passport, they asked at VFS on Sep 14th. and since then we are trying to track his passport. first we were trackin on VFS site but now the site is closed and new site is there ustraveldocs.com/in. i want to how can we track his process? and since the VFS process has changed after sep 26th. does it apply to us since we submitted at vfs before 26th? we have mailed/called to vfs offices but did not get any proper reply regarding passport status. if someone is going through same issue please share n guide us out. btw the documents required in 221G were domicile for the petitioner since i was in india for 7th months. they asked me to go back and send proof of it. and we had gathered proof like boarding passes, tickets, bank statements, proof of address etc. and 2nd thing they asked was joint sponsor. we gathered all the documents n it is been submitted at VFS. its been 15 days and we still haven't heard anything back :( please help.

Thank You

I also submitted some documents which were mentioned in 221G on 14th Sep (in Mumbai) along with my passport but still no update.

I also submitted some documents which were mentioned in 221G on 14th Sep (in Mumbai) along with my passport but still no update.

i have just received an update on my hubby's passport status on VFS site :) it says passport is on its way to be delivered. hopefully you will also be receiving it soon. keep checking it on VFS mumbai site.

Timeline

Hi Swati - Did your husband get his visa approved ? My husband had his interview on Sept 20th, he got a 221g, we submitted documents on Sept 21st. Since then, have not received his passport yet. On the vfs website, the status is its under process. How long do immigrant 221g's normal take ?

Hi Swati - Did your husband get his visa approved ? My husband had his interview on Sept 20th, he got a 221g, we submitted documents on Sept 21st. Since then, have not received his passport yet. On the vfs website, the status is its under process. How long do immigrant 221g's normal take ?

yes my husband received his visa and passport this week. even his status on VFS site was same until they sent out this passport for delivery. 221g normally shouldn't take long then 10-15 days depending what documents they had requested. ours took around 16 days till he received his visa. m sure ur visa will also be coming soon hopefully by next week:) y dont u or ur spouse call the DOS ( department of state) i had called them up and gave them my husband's BMB number n they told me about the exact status. m sure they will have some info about ur visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for responding! Can you give me the DOS contact number, I will try to find out the status. Thanks again !

I tried this one and they picked after long time...

603-334-0700 dialing 1 then 0

case number and birth date

Thanks for responding! Can you give me the DOS contact number, I will try to find out the status. Thanks again !

There is also another one but I could not get success in that number

DOS (Department of State).

202-663-1225

Timeline

I have very similar case for my wife (IR1 category) in which she submitted the additional documents along with passport as requested in 221g at vfs-Bangalore on Sep 4th (interview date was Aug 30th at Mumbai) and its been over 1 month and still waiting... The vfs passport tracking portal says "under process". I have no clue on the next step.

I have very similar case for my wife (IR1 category) in which she submitted the additional documents along with passport as requested in 221g at vfs-Bangalore on Sep 4th (interview date was Aug 30th at Mumbai) and its been over 1 month and still waiting... The vfs passport tracking portal says "under process". I have no clue on the next step.

Did u call DOS? if not then call them n find out if they have any current status abt ur spouse's visa.

Timeline

Hi CitizenUSA - its been 3 weeks today, my husband is still waiting for his passport. I called vfs and DoS, they both say its still in process with consulate. They don't have an idea how long it is going to take. I don't know what else can be done.

Hello after reading all the post here in this tread i will like to ask what should i do... My visa interview was on 1O Oct 2012 at Mumbai embassy , after the interview i was told to submit more proof of our ongoing relationship...our case is going mandated administrative processing under 221(g)... my wife is an US citizen and we have contacted the US State representative ... they were helping us all along...but have heard nothing from the Mumbai US embassy yet... we are waiting to submit all the doc they have asked for cause my wife is coming back to India on Nov and we will take all the papers together to the embassy... can anyone help us what should we do and how long it will take to finish processing..

thanks

Timeline

Based on what I have read so far....there is no specific timeline for 221g...unfortunately it can take anywhere for weeks to months. My husband also got an 221g white slip from Mumbai. Its been a month and we are still waiting to hear from the consulate. I contact my senator too, they said they will follow up with the embassy...but i haven't heard back from them either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.