MedRoni

Embassy marked case as a "No Show" after husband attended interview

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

UPDATE - so apparently all your advise here from all paid off - thank you so much... I received a letter/email from my Senators office today with an update from the embassy. The email reply from the embassy stated:

"“We have been in contact with the petitioner by telephone and will be following up on the case this week. At present, there appears to be no issues and we believe it will be issued within the next week or so”

So... getting through to them by phone was the key, also letting them know a mistake was made on their end and that I tried getting it corrected for a month with no answers from them. Once I got her on the phone she spent the 45 minutes with me getting to know us and our situation. 5-7 month AP averted! :wow:

Looks like there is an incredible chance he will be here before months end, inshallah! This is what it's all about... :yes:

Woo-hooo!! :dance: I'm so happy for you! Well done! Like they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Kudos to you for being one mighty squeaky gal when it mattered most :thumbs: !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

my friend , traveling and going there will not change any thing, they will let you go inside the embassy and then told you the same stuff, i have seing that happen in front of me at the embassy of tunisia , my adcice for you is to check with good immegratiom lowyer , he will be able to check and find out , trust me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

my friend , traveling and going there will not change any thing, they will let you go inside the embassy and then told you the same stuff, i have seing that happen in front of me at the embassy of tunisia , my adcice for you is to check with good immegratiom lowyer , he will be able to check and find out , trust me

Thank you, however I am not going there and there is no need for a lawyer. Since I was able to reach them by phone they have approved him and are issuing his visa next week!! But I do appreciate the post :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Amazing! Happy for you!!

Thank you so much!! :D

Woo-hooo!! :dance: I'm so happy for you! Well done! Like they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Kudos to you for being one mighty squeaky gal when it mattered most :thumbs: !

Ha! It takes a while to get me squeaking... but when I do you would wish I never started!! Thanks so much for the support! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.