capri_scorp

Mumbai/Delhi consulate interview tracking

311 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, I just got the mdeical done at Apollo Ahmedabad at parimal garden, reached there by 7.30am and was done by 10.30am. Fasting was not required.

Total medical cost was - 3221 (1600 for check up and rest for 3 vaccinations which were to given to everyone that came for medical). They have asked me to collect the report on the same day at 5pm.

Please let me know incase of any further questions.

USCIS:

12/06/2011 - Married

01/17/2012 - I-130 Sent

01/18/2012 - NOA1 Date

07/30/2012 - NOA2 Email Received (194 Days since NOA1)

NVC:

07/30/2012 - Case arrived at NVC building

08/20/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave both e-mail addresses

08/20/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032 (used email template & also attached scanned copy)

08/27/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID online

08/28/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/29/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/30/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID online

08/31/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/31/2012 - AOS Package sent (via priority mail)

08/31/2012 - IV Package sent (via priority mail)

09/04/2012 - NVC received both packets (due to weekend & labor day holiday)

09/11/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

09/17/2012 - RFE for DS-230 ques 30

09/19/2012 - Mailed new DS-230 by overnight mail

09/21/2012 - New DS-230 delivered at NVC

10/01/2012 - IV Package accepted

10/01/2012 - Case Complete

10/02/2012 - Interview date assigned by email

Mumbai Consulate:

10/05/2012 - Medical Done (Got the report on same day)

11/07/2012 - Interview @ Mumbai Consulate (Result: APPROVED)

11/09/2012 - Passport Pick up

11/22/2012 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, I just got the mdeical done at Apollo Ahmedabad at parimal garden, reached there by 7.30am and was done by 10.30am. Fasting was not required.

Total medical cost was - 3221 (1600 for check up and rest for 3 vaccinations which were to given to everyone that came for medical). They have asked me to collect the report on the same day at 5pm.

Please let me know incase of any further questions.

Hi could you describe the Medical procedure from start to end ?

5/1/2022 - Filed I-130 For Mom

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Timeline

I am not sure, but MandyBear had their interview on a Friday and via tracking online they figured it was ready by Wednesday. Now they are waiting to receive it from their registered address in Pune. She said she'll update us as soon as she receives it but I am gonna take a wild guess and say probably by this Friday, they should get it by Monday if not. So that all adds up to 1 week but worst come 2 weeks is plenty of time. I have read posts that stated 3 working days is on an average vfs's visa issue time.

Cool.. hope to get it in 4-5 days. Getting ready for the interview, it's exciting!

You guys might know this already, but, they ask for petitioner's most recent Tax Return. So, make sure your

spouse has a copy. Also, no need to print out long list of chats/emails/calls for evidence? i think just few per month should be sufficient? They also ask for marriage photo album.

Those w/early Nov. dates- Please keep us posted and share useful info. thanks!

2012-02-09: I-130 Sent (USPS Priority)

2012-02-14: I-130 NOA1

2012-06-22: I-130 Approved (got text & email) Yay!:)

2012-07-05: Case Received at NVC

2012-07-09: Case no. issued by NVC

2012-07-10: DS-3032 Email to NVC (received auto-response)

2012-07-13: AOS Bill Issued and online payment

2012-07-14: AOS Bill "Paid" in system

2012-07-14: AOS package mailed

2012-07-16: AOS package delivered (USPS confirmation)

2012-07-20: DS-3032 Accepted email

2012-07-23: IV Fee Issued and online payment

2012-07-25: IV Fee "Paid" in system

2012-08-10: IV Package Mailed

2012-08-28: Case Complete

2012-10-02: Interview date assigned (finally!)

2012-11-15: Visa Interview (Approved!:)

2012-11-17: Visa Received...journey complete!

Timeline

Cool.. hope to get it in 4-5 days. Getting ready for the interview, it's exciting!

You guys might know this already, but, they ask for petitioner's most recent Tax Return. So, make sure your

spouse has a copy. Also, no need to print out long list of chats/emails/calls for evidence? i think just few per month should be sufficient? They also ask for marriage photo album.

Do they need the tax return or will tax transcripts be fine?

Timeline

Do they need the tax return or will tax transcripts be fine?

Did you already get a transcript? Then that should suffice but if you have not then dont go for all those extra steps when they easily accept and approve a simple W2 and 1040 form for 2011.

Timeline

Hi Sooraj,

MandyBear did update her visa process in another forum for Mumbai consulate discussions and my wild guess was right, they picked up their visa from the Pune VFS pick up center on Friday. So 5 days it is if you have it registered to pick up passport from your state or 3 days for pick up directly from VFS Mumbai. Confirmed!!! :)

Yes you are right about not having long lists of relationship evidences. But I didnot have an option for my call logs as the website just didnot allow me to edit its list, so I have like 18pages of call log and the funny part is it only covers past 3 months, with a min of 3 calls per day to my hubby.

With emails, I was able to make a new folder in my account into which I chose 2 mails per month from 2002(when we started as friends) to current and printed those pages with: to address, subject and date info. My hubby did the same from his email account too.

We are still fixing the album as it holds only 40pics and we are struggling with which 40 to choose... ha ha...

We are also taking both of our insurance statements declaring better half to be be beneficiary, joint bank account proof, my travel itineries to India last 3 yrs since marriage, our college certificate showing proof that we met in college, and copy of maysia visa page from both our passports showing honeymoon travel.

I cannot imagine the feeling when the officer will not ask for any of these... Well it is better than not to have a document and that cause further issues....

Thanks for the heads up Sooraj....

Edited by capri_scorp

Timeline

Did you already get a transcript? Then that should suffice but if you have not then dont go for all those extra steps when they easily accept and approve a simple W2 and 1040 form for 2011.

I had ordered tax transcripts for AOS. And I have submitted the original transcripts to NVC along with my AOS. However I have made xerox of the entire AOS packet and sent to to my wife in India so that she can take it to the interview and show if needed.

Timeline

Is it wise to buy a ticket for US for 20th November? Here are some details:

7th Nov -- Interview at mumbai

8th Nov -- Working day

9th Nov -- Working day

10th Nov - Weekend

11th Nov - Weekend

12th Nov - Veterans day holiday

13th Nov - Diwali holiday

14th Nov - New year holiday

15th Nov - Working day

16th Nov - Working day

17th Nov - Weekend

18th Nov - Weekend

19th Nov - Working day

20th Nov - Working day

These are consulate holidays...considering some people got their passports with visa in 4-5 working days I should be getting it on 19th Nov. It will be delivered to Ahmedabad VFS by DHL, does DHL also has a holiday for Veterans day?

Can someone help me to understand which date I should be expecting my passport from Mumbai consulate to Ahmedabad VFS? Accordingly I can make my travel plans. Thanks everyone.

USCIS:

12/06/2011 - Married

01/17/2012 - I-130 Sent

01/18/2012 - NOA1 Date

07/30/2012 - NOA2 Email Received (194 Days since NOA1)

NVC:

07/30/2012 - Case arrived at NVC building

08/20/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave both e-mail addresses

08/20/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032 (used email template & also attached scanned copy)

08/27/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID online

08/28/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/29/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/30/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID online

08/31/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/31/2012 - AOS Package sent (via priority mail)

08/31/2012 - IV Package sent (via priority mail)

09/04/2012 - NVC received both packets (due to weekend & labor day holiday)

09/11/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

09/17/2012 - RFE for DS-230 ques 30

09/19/2012 - Mailed new DS-230 by overnight mail

09/21/2012 - New DS-230 delivered at NVC

10/01/2012 - IV Package accepted

10/01/2012 - Case Complete

10/02/2012 - Interview date assigned by email

Mumbai Consulate:

10/05/2012 - Medical Done (Got the report on same day)

11/07/2012 - Interview @ Mumbai Consulate (Result: APPROVED)

11/09/2012 - Passport Pick up

11/22/2012 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

8th Nov -- Working day

9th Nov -- Working day

10th Nov - Weekend

11th Nov - Weekend

15th Nov - Working day

16th Nov - Working day

17th Nov - Weekend

18th Nov - Weekend

19th Nov - Working day

20th Nov - Working day

These are consulate holidays...considering some people got their passports with visa in 4-5 working days I should be getting it on 19th Nov. It will be delivered to Ahmedabad VFS by DHL, does DHL also has a holiday for Veterans day?

Can someone help me to understand which date I should be expecting my passport from Mumbai consulate to Ahmedabad VFS? Accordingly I can make my travel plans. Thanks everyone.

I would wait to buy tickets till i get passport in hand.

Timeline

8th Nov -- Working day

9th Nov -- Working day

10th Nov - Weekend

11th Nov - Weekend

15th Nov - Working day

16th Nov - Working day

17th Nov - Weekend

18th Nov - Weekend

19th Nov - Working day

20th Nov - Working day

My wife's interview is on the day after yours. I also plan on buying a ticket for 20th of Nov. I will buy once I have been told by the consulate that the visa is approved. We should have the visa by then as holidays like Veterans is observed by consulate and not by DHL in India. Also If I am not mistake they also work on Saturdays. I hope this helps.

Timeline

I heard once your visa is approved you can pick your visa from VFS office at the end of the day. Is it still valid after revised process changes?

My wife's interview is on the day after yours. I also plan on buying a ticket for 20th of Nov. I will buy once I have been told by the consulate that the visa is approved. We should have the visa by then as holidays like Veterans is observed by consulate and not by DHL in India. Also If I am not mistake they also work on Saturdays. I hope this helps.

Timeline

I heard once your visa is approved you can pick your visa from VFS office at the end of the day. Is it still valid after revised process changes?

No now VFS pickup option is no longer exists, you need to register pickup location on new website prior to interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.