Creel

Foglio di Via (Expulsion Order)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

My husband was issues an expulsion order from Italy back in 2006. He did not report in to be deported, but later moved home to Albania and then here in Dec 2006. We have been married almost 6 years and he has been a citizen for 2 years, but we still can't visit Europe because he is in the system. Anyone know how we file an application to lift his expulsion order so we can travel in Europe? Any help would be appreciated as the Italian Embassy in SF doesn't have a clue what to do!

Edited by Creel

AOS

AOS, EAD, AP mailed 3/13/07

AOS Appt-Fresno, CA 6/14/07

AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received in the mail 6-29-07

Removal of Conditions

I-751 mailed 3/17/09

Card Received 7/11/09

Citizenship!!!!!

N-400 mailed 3/17/10

Interview 6/28/10

Oath 7/19/10

Sisters' I-130

I-130s mailed 8/14/10

checks cashed 8/23/10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I don't think that having a new citizenship or a new passport would void the foglio di via. The expulsion order is on the person, not on his/her passport. What does the foglio di via say? Does it expire at some point? Maybe talking to an attorney in Italy could be an option (good luck with that).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

He was in Italy illegally so it was an expulsion for no papers. He was supposed to return about 2 weeks after he was stopped so they could process his deportation. He never showed up. A few months later we met and then he returned to Albania. He hasn't been in Italy for 6 years, but in December when he was flying home to Albania he checked with German customs at the airport and they told him he wasn't allowed in Europe until March 2012, but that the entry in the system would renew automatically unless he did something.

The SF Italian Embassy is clueless, not a problem they normally deal with. When he was in Albania he went to the Italian Embassy and they knew what to do, but said it would take months and he needed to be available, so that wasn't really an option. His cousin checked with an Italian lawyer and they said they can't help.

In April he had to fly home for an emergency and in Austria they let him pass through customs (it was the only way to get to the next plane), but he doesn't think they actually ran his passport, so we don't even know if he is still banned and we don't know how to find out or fix it if he still is.

I don't think that having a new citizenship or a new passport would void the foglio di via. The expulsion order is on the person, not on his/her passport. What does the foglio di via say? Does it expire at some point? Maybe talking to an attorney in Italy could be an option (good luck with that).

AOS

AOS, EAD, AP mailed 3/13/07

AOS Appt-Fresno, CA 6/14/07

AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received in the mail 6-29-07

Removal of Conditions

I-751 mailed 3/17/09

Card Received 7/11/09

Citizenship!!!!!

N-400 mailed 3/17/10

Interview 6/28/10

Oath 7/19/10

Sisters' I-130

I-130s mailed 8/14/10

checks cashed 8/23/10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.