jasonfx

Helping my Argentina wife with NVC process

9 posts in this topic

I am in the NVC process for my Argentine wife and 3 year old son. I am currently trying to establish choice of agent, I had my wife send an email 9 days ago using the template on this website with no response yet. I have already paid the AOS fee. The mail system in Argentina seems unreliable, I have sent 2 letters to my wife months ago at different times, she never received either letter which is why I am trying to establish choice of agent through email if possible. I am also confused on what I-864 form I am supposed to use, I have my wife and my 3 year old son and I am not sure if I should use the I-864 or I-864ez or if it even matters. I told her she needs the police certificate from Buenos Aires, I am not even sure how or when she requests it. She told me that she will get a police certificate from her home town, but I don't think that will be adequate because it says a national police certificate from Buenos Aires. She has a scanner and a printer at home, and can fax in her hometown, although the quality of the last fax she sent me was not the greatest. She also lives 2 hours by airplane to the embassy in Buenos Aires which is going to be a big deal for her and her 3 year old son to travel, she told me she would rather take the bus with her mother but it is like a 3 day bus ride from where she lives, then hotel costs etc. Sometimes I feel like I need to fly back to Argentina to help her with all this but I am trying to avoid traveling there again soon due to the high cost of air travel 1600 dollars round trip last time I checked. I just have a lot of questions about alot of the details. The NVC process seems to be lot more complicated than the UCIS part, especially when my wife lives so far away from the US Embassy in Buenos Aires.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey Jason, I'm totally clueless about the CR1 process, so I can't help you there, but I'll be happy to help out with the Police Certificate from Argentina.

I can move this post to the CR1 forum, if you want, for the other information you need; but in the mean time. Can you tell me where she's from? That way I can give you the information you'll need. Oh, and you are correct, she'll need only 1 Police Certificate.

Hey Jason, I'm totally clueless about the CR1 process, so I can't help you there, but I'll be happy to help out with the Police Certificate from Argentina.

I can move this post to the CR1 forum, if you want, for the other information you need; but in the mean time. Can you tell me where she's from? That way I can give you the information you'll need. Oh, and you are correct, she'll need only 1 Police Certificate.

She is from Salta Argentina, actually a smaller town near Salta but Salta is a short bus ride and is the nearest bigger city. Her English isn't the best, we are both learning our languages a little every day, we got to know eachother quickly despite the language barrier because of google translate.

Timeline

She is from Salta Argentina, actually a smaller town near Salta but Salta is a short bus ride and is the nearest bigger city. Her English isn't the best, we are both learning our languages a little every day, we got to know eachother quickly despite the language barrier because of google translate.

Alright, so attached to this post, you'll find the instructions on how to get the Police Certificates in Argentina in English and Spanish; so you can both take a look together and know what it's all about.

The Embassy requests that she gets a certificate from the National Registry of Re-incidence http://www.dnrec.jus...Particular.aspx which has 3 branches in Salta:

1. Poder Judicial de Salta-Secretaría de Informática (SAL) Av.Bolivia 4671 Planta Baja, Salta - Phone (0387) 425-8033
  2. Policia de Salta-Unidad de Exp. y Recep. de Antecedentes Penales (SAL) Gral Guemes 750 Oficina 31Salta - Phone (0387) 421-9655
  3. Policia de Salta-Unidad de Exp. y Recep. de Antecedentes Penales (SAL) Gral Guemes 750 oficina 31Salta - Phone (0387) 421-9655

They have the fees on the website too. The only kind of document that you cannot get at any other branch other than the one in Buenos Aires, is the one that's processed in 6 hours (I got mine in 24 hours paying AR$ 55)

She needs to write a little authorization letter to the RNR, saying that she allows them to run a background check "with exception to the code 51 of the Penal Code" which means she allows them to search in the entire country (hence why she only needs this paper and nothing else).

So, something like this:

Yo, <enter her full name>, DNI <enter her DNI number>, autorizo al Registro Nacional de Reincidencia a proveerme de un certificado de antecedentes con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal.

Sign and date

When she goes to their offices, they'll get her fingerprints and they will instruct her how to print the results of the background check from home.

That's it. good.gif

Hope this helps

PS: Would you mind editing your profile so it shows the correct type of visa you are petitioning for? It should show IR1/CR1. This may seem totally trivial, but it helps us help you with your questions.

Police Certificates Argentina.pdf

Edited by Celeste & C

Alright, so attached to this post, you'll find the instructions on how to get the Police Certificates in Argentina in English and Spanish; so you can both take a look together and know what it's all about.

The Embassy requests that she gets a certificate from the National Registry of Re-incidence http://www.dnrec.jus...Particular.aspx which has 3 branches in Salta:

1. Poder Judicial de Salta-Secretaría de Informática (SAL) Av.Bolivia 4671 Planta Baja, Salta - Phone (0387) 425-8033
  2. Policia de Salta-Unidad de Exp. y Recep. de Antecedentes Penales (SAL) Gral Guemes 750 Oficina 31Salta - Phone (0387) 421-9655
  3. Policia de Salta-Unidad de Exp. y Recep. de Antecedentes Penales (SAL) Gral Guemes 750 oficina 31Salta - Phone (0387) 421-9655

They have the fees on the website too. The only kind of document that you cannot get at any other branch other than the one in Buenos Aires, is the one that's processed in 6 hours (I got mine in 24 hours paying AR$ 55)

She needs to write a little authorization letter to the RNR, saying that she allows them to run a background check "with exception to the code 51 of the Penal Code" which means she allows them to search in the entire country (hence why she only needs this paper and nothing else).

So, something like this:

Yo, <enter her full name>, DNI <enter her DNI number>, autorizo al Registro Nacional de Reincidencia a proveerme de un certificado de antecedentes con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal.

Sign and date

When she goes to their offices, they'll get her fingerprints and they will instruct her how to print the results of the background check from home.

That's it. good.gif

Hope this helps

PS: Would you mind editing your profile so it shows the correct type of visa you are petitioning for? It should show IR1/CR1. This may seem totally trivial, but it helps us help you with your questions.

Thank you for your information and help,

I was confused when you said that she is able to get police certificates in Salta, but there is one that is only available in Buenos Aires. Do you mean that she can get the document in Salta but it takes longer but if she gets the one in Buenos Aires it will be faster and she will get it back in 24 hours? If she visits the RNR in Salta she still has to write a letter first or does she bring the authorization letter to Salta with her? Sorry for my confusion, all help is welcomed. Jason

Timeline

Thank you for your information and help,

I was confused when you said that she is able to get police certificates in Salta, but there is one that is only available in Buenos Aires. Do you mean that she can get the document in Salta but it takes longer but if she gets the one in Buenos Aires it will be faster and she will get it back in 24 hours? If she visits the RNR in Salta she still has to write a letter first or does she bring the authorization letter to Salta with her? Sorry for my confusion, all help is welcomed. Jason

No problem, let me clarify.

There are different processing times that you can request for these certificates, all with different fees:

In 6 hs: AR$80. (This one can only be obtained in Buenos Aires).

In 24 hs: AR$55 (can be obtained at any branch)

In 5 working days: AR$30 (can be obtained at any branch)

So, she can get hers in Salta, without a problem, but she won't be able to request the 6hour one.

This part of the website http://www.dnrec.jus...sonalmente.aspx tells her which documentation to take. If she has any doubts, she can call and ask.

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

:star: thank you very much, I don't know what I would do without the help of people like you

You are most welcome. That's what VJ is for yes.gif

About the other portion of your post, related to the NVC process. I suggest that you make a new post, with that specific question, at the main forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/110-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-process-procedures/ where other folks can help you.

We did went on the K1 route and I do not know about y'all's processes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.