Boris89

Educational matter in applying form

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Serbia
Timeline

I have just one exam left before I obtain the diploma and finish my University studies. I'll probably finish my studies by the end of January 2013.

So, I'm wondering what should I fill in the DV application about my education, because the period for application is between October 2nd and November 3rd 2012, and the results will be available by the 1st of May, 2013, when I will have the diploma in my hands.

In case I got the visa on the Diversity Lottery, could I have any problems on the visa interview in the embassy because I filled that I already posses the diploma, and I practically got it after the application?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Country: Serbia
Timeline

Yes, that would cause problems.

In that case, what should I fill, because I would like to be precise. Should I put 'High school degree', or 'Some university courses'? according to the list below.

(1) Primary school only

(2) High school, no degree

(3) High school degree

(4) Vocational school

(5) Some university courses

(6) University degree

(7) Some graduate level courses

(8) Master degree

(9) Some doctorate level courses

(10) Doctorate degree

Edited by Boris89

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

In that case, what should I fill, because I would like to be precise. Should I put 'High school degree', or 'Some university courses'? according to the list below.

You must select what you have on the date that you apply, not what you will have at some point in the future. In any event, having a diploma or degree will not increase your chances of being selecting as the only educational requirement is to have a high school education. You must show that you have a high school education, nothing else.

Edited by Superkruz

Australia

Migrated - 2006

Citizenship - 2009

USA

Visa Interview - 2010

Green Card - 2011

Migrated - 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.