Pitaya

Progress Update

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It has been very close to eleven months since I initially filed my I-129F petition. Since that time, my (now) family received their K-1 and K-2 visas in June. They had their POE in Seattle at the end of July. We got married at the end of July. We filed the AOS petitions in mid-August. They have their biometrics appointments next week. My wife got her DHS-restricted SSN in mid-September, after a protracted delay from CBP. My son is matriculated at a local college. Yesterday, they passed their document review meetings and were approved to receive their WA state ID cards. Yesterday also marked the 2 month anniversary of their POE arrival to America.

In the middle of all of these bureaucratic maneuvers, we are still learning and growing together as a family. Gradually changing my former house into our family home. The process is still ongoing.... and will be for some time. Right now, my wife is preparing breakfast for the two guys in her life, the son is getting ready his morning classes. I am getting ready to go work. However, before I head to work, I will be sitting in the dentist's office while my wife gets some long overdue dental work performed, thank the Lord for dental insurance.

I think back about the long waiting periods, waiting for some bureaucratic approval of some arcane form or procedure. The end result makes all of the work, anxiety and tribulation, thus far, clearly worth the effort. Sure we have had our differences of opinion, but overall we are both working hard to make our new lives together happy and productive. :star:

Good luck on your immigration journey. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What a long, strange trip it's been...

Jane's one year POE anniversary was the on the 15th...the same day she got her green card. The length of time she's been here is now longer than our longest separation. Looking back it doesn't seem so bad...makes we wonder what all the complaining is about.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are just some people that instead to turn the long wait to more productive way of preparing for their life together, they complain so much.

It took 17 months for me and husband to be together. It was tough but it allowed us to save for all the expenses we incurred all throughout the process and have small nice church wedding as well as something to start on as family.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Uplifting post............. thank you! :thumbs:

K-1

04/06/2012: NOA 1
08/13/2012: RFE Notice
09/21/2012: RFE Response Receipt
09/27/2012: NOA 2
10/17/2012: Embassy Received
12/31/2012: Packet 3 Returned
01/31/2013: Interview - Approved
02/07/2013: Visa Received
03/07/2013: POE - LAX

05/03/2013: Married

AOS; EAD; AP

06/03/2013: AOS - NOA 1

06/05/2013: EAD - NOA 1

06/05/2013: AP - NOA 1

06/27/2013: Biometrics

08/03/2013: EAD & AP Approved (Card received 18/12/2013)

08/21/2013: AOS Interview / I-485 Held for Further Review

08/27/2013: AOS Approval Notice

09/06/2013: Green Card Arrival

Timeline

Uplifting post............. thank you! :thumbs:

You are most welcome.! Bu qi ti . May the end of your journey be filled with happiness and joy.

There are just some people that instead to turn the long wait to more productive way of preparing for their life together, they complain so much.

It took 17 months for me and husband to be together. It was tough but it allowed us to save for all the expenses we incurred all throughout the process and have small nice church wedding as well as something to start on as family.

Our best wishes to your family for happines and a long life.

Timeline

What a long, strange trip it's been...

Jane's one year POE anniversary was the on the 15th...the same day she got her green card. The length of time she's been here is now longer than our longest separation. Looking back it doesn't seem so bad...makes we wonder what all the complaining is about.

The passage of time is but a blink of an eye. It certainly has been a long strange trip..... What awaits us in the future, we will face it together with our spouse. Best wishes to your home from ours.

Timeline

I agree with all, with almost 2 years to get a green card, a 4 month trip to China, now home and living day to day. This all made the USCIS nightmare bearable. Best wishes to everyone and were looking forward to a fantastic Christmas with our VJ family. Don't forget to watch the moon have a drink and eat your moon pie.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I agree with all, with almost 2 years to get a green card, a 4 month trip to China, now home and living day to day. This all made the USCIS nightmare bearable. Best wishes to everyone and were looking forward to a fantastic Christmas with our VJ family. Don't forget to watch the moon have a drink and eat your moon pie.

I'd rather eat a moon pie than a moon cake.

Timeline

I'd rather eat a moon pie than a moon cake.

That was good, hope all is well, we are battling the reissue of the GC also. UHHH

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

That was good, hope all is well, we are battling the reissue of the GC also. UHHH

You have hit on a very sore point. :wow: The most aggravating, anxiogenic part of this entire process has been dealing with and putting up with the shenanigans and antics of the huge and faceless Department of Homeland (In)Security through its various serpentine, and certainly lackluster, and sometimes inhumane agencies, the USCIS and the Customs and Burro Patrol. Talk about a system that is severe need of discarding, revamping and recusicitation! :help: The current legal immigration system is akin to a Model A Ford trying to maneuver through today's Interstate highway system. I can certainly understand and can empathize with the thousands of people that utilize alternative, illegal methods to gain entry to our country. He!!, I am a native-born US citizen, and I have been made to feel like a serf and a second-class citizen by these very same agencies that I am forced to support through my hard-earned tax dollars. :angry:

Thankfully, our forced interactions with this bureaucratic monster hopefully lessen with each advance in our timeline. My family's life goes on, we are hard working on our own version of the American dream. It certainly has a pronounced Asian influence, but hey, that is what America is all about! :star: We all are a country of immigrants, just trying to live our American dream! :star:

That inspiring inscription on that statue, a gift from the people of France to the people of the USA, that still sits on Liberty Island in New York harbor, still rings true today:

Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Good luck on your immigration journey!

Edited by A&B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

A&B, nice update about your journey. Ying and I are on your same path, a few months (miles) behind, walking on the same trail. She is finally here with me now, and so excited. She is the delight of my life, and easily worth all the trouble with the government agencies. I really do agree though, that they need to get up with the times, and also have more uniformity with how their employees are trained and go about their jobs. Best wishes to you, your wife, and stepson.

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Timeline

A&B, nice update about your journey. Ying and I are on your same path, a few months (miles) behind, walking on the same trail. She is finally here with me now, and so excited. She is the delight of my life, and easily worth all the trouble with the government agencies. I really do agree though, that they need to get up with the times, and also have more uniformity with how their employees are trained and go about their jobs. Best wishes to you, your wife, and stepson.

stevo,

We are very pleased that you and Ying are finally happily together. :dance:

The interrogation that she received at her POE was uncalled for. You could pursue administrative action against that Burro patrol employee. Personally, I would let it go. That faceless bureaucracy has no soul. They are like a balloon half-ful of air, squeeze one side, the air simply moves to the other side. :blush: What is important is that the two of you are together, starting on your American dream. :thumbs:

Best wishes to you and your new family.

Keep in touch.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.