renlsu

NVC question

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hey all,

I read the VJ Wiki guides on the NVC process and I have some questions that weren't clarified on these sites. I'm still waiting for my NOA2 but want to go ahead and get a jump and have everything in hand so I'm ready when they give me my case number (and hopefully expedite things a little). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. The US gov website asks for a long form birth certificate. Is this just for the petitioner or the beneficiary? I know my b. certificate is in long form but don't know if my husbands is. Also, it says (for the birth certificate) that there should be an annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from official records. What is this?

2. Can I go ahead and have my husband fill out the DS-3032 and mail it to me, and place the NVC barcode on it whenever they give me a case #? This way I won't have to wait on mailing time and I'll have his signed document in hand.

3. The WIKI guide mentioned to have all documents pertaining to applicants petition. Which specific documents are these? It was very general.

4. Lastly, cover letter for NVC. Where can this be found?

I would be so thankful for any advice or feedback!

Marriage (if applicable):

2012-06-14

I-130 NOA1 :

2012-08-14

I-130 Approved :

2013-02-11

NVC Received :

2013-03-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

2013-03-09

Pay I-864 Bill

2013-03-11

Receive I-864 Package :

2013-03-15

Return Completed I-864 :

2013-03-16

Return Completed DS-3032 :

2013-03-11

Receive IV Bill :

2013-03-29

Pay IV Bill :

2013-03-30

Receive Instruction Package :

2013-03-30

Case Completed at NVC :

2013-04-18

NVC Left :

2013-04-30

Interview Date :

2013-06-05

Interview Result: AP

Visa Received: 2013-06-14

Hey all,

I read the VJ Wiki guides on the NVC process and I have some questions that weren't clarified on these sites. I'm still waiting for my NOA2 but want to go ahead and get a jump and have everything in hand so I'm ready when they give me my case number (and hopefully expedite things a little). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. The US gov website asks for a long form birth certificate. Is this just for the petitioner or the beneficiary? I know my b. certificate is in long form but don't know if my husbands is. Also, it says (for the birth certificate) that there should be an annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from official records. What is this?

2. Can I go ahead and have my husband fill out the DS-3032 and mail it to me, and place the NVC barcode on it whenever they give me a case #? This way I won't have to wait on mailing time and I'll have his signed document in hand.

3. The WIKI guide mentioned to have all documents pertaining to applicants petition. Which specific documents are these? It was very general.

4. Lastly, cover letter for NVC. Where can this be found?

I would be so thankful for any advice or feedback!

1. For the IV package, the original/certified copy of the long-form birth certificate of the beneficiary is needed.

2. Don't bother with the physical DS-3032, you can email NVC this.

3. I suggest you click on the last two links in my signature, they're to a monthly forum for NVC with a BUNCH of links in the first two posts that should answer this :)

4. Cover letter for AOS or IV?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.