msforever

Please help!! Police certificate! ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone! I am getting all the documents ready for the DS 230, and right now I don't know what to do when it comes to the police certificate. Is the Police certificate the same as police and prison records? Because I don't know if I should send it and I don't want to waste anymore time. My husband lives in Lebanon and this is what it says when I click on the reciprocity of country:

Police and Prison Records

Available. The "Judiciary Police Record" is issued by the Judiciary Police Department, Internal Security Forces, Minister of the Interior. It does not contain any information about any political activities or affiliation to any terrorist, military, or illegal organization. It only shows any final court decision, final conviction and/or court sentence.

After completing his/her sentence, an individual could request that the Ministry of Justice remove the sentence from his "Judiciary Police Record" after three to ten years, depending on the type of crime. In 1992, the Lebanese Government issued a "General Amnesty" for all crimes committed before 1991. Also, in 1996 the Lebanese Government issued a "General Amnesty" to all drug charges-related crimes committed before 1994.

The criminal records are indexed and in alphabetical order. They include, in addition to the individual's name, the number and place of each individual's place of civil registration. The "Judiciary Police Record" is issued in Arabic and signed by the Chief of the Judiciary Department.

To obtain the "Judiciary Police Record", the individual who is physically present in Lebanon, must personally apply, accompanied by his/her Lebanese identity card to the Police Record Department, Internal Security Forces, Ministry of Interior. The document will be issued within 48 hours.

For those residing outside Lebanon, the request must be processed through Lebanese embassies/consulates, but applicants may experience extremely long waiting periods before they receive the document, or may not receive them at all. The "Judiciary Police Record" may also be requested through a lawyer having a power of attorney from the individual authorizing the request. The "Judiciary Police Record" presented by an individual does not mean that the individual is clear. It just states that "this person does not have any court sentence against him".

Thank you for your time! I appreciate it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone! I am getting all the documents ready for the DS 230, and right now I don't know what to do when it comes to the police certificate. Is the Police certificate the same as police and prison records? Because I don't know if I should send it and I don't want to waste anymore time. My husband lives in Lebanon and this is what it says when I click on the reciprocity of country:

Police and Prison Records

Available. The "Judiciary Police Record" is issued by the Judiciary Police Department, Internal Security Forces, Minister of the Interior. It does not contain any information about any political activities or affiliation to any terrorist, military, or illegal organization. It only shows any final court decision, final conviction and/or court sentence.

After completing his/her sentence, an individual could request that the Ministry of Justice remove the sentence from his "Judiciary Police Record" after three to ten years, depending on the type of crime. In 1992, the Lebanese Government issued a "General Amnesty" for all crimes committed before 1991. Also, in 1996 the Lebanese Government issued a "General Amnesty" to all drug charges-related crimes committed before 1994.

The criminal records are indexed and in alphabetical order. They include, in addition to the individual's name, the number and place of each individual's place of civil registration. The "Judiciary Police Record" is issued in Arabic and signed by the Chief of the Judiciary Department.

To obtain the "Judiciary Police Record", the individual who is physically present in Lebanon, must personally apply, accompanied by his/her Lebanese identity card to the Police Record Department, Internal Security Forces, Ministry of Interior. The document will be issued within 48 hours.

For those residing outside Lebanon, the request must be processed through Lebanese embassies/consulates, but applicants may experience extremely long waiting periods before they receive the document, or may not receive them at all. The "Judiciary Police Record" may also be requested through a lawyer having a power of attorney from the individual authorizing the request. The "Judiciary Police Record" presented by an individual does not mean that the individual is clear. It just states that "this person does not have any court sentence against him".

Thank you for your time! I appreciate it!

hi.. how are you? i also work in lebanon 4 yrs and 4 months and now im here in the philippines and we are applying a k1 visa too and we are waiting our noa2.if you are outside the lebanon you need to go the nearest Lebanese emb. to obtain that ppc .you need to wait 2 to 6 months only.if your husband is in lebanon much more easy for him to obtain, you need only 1 day.SO good luck.

i receive my police clearance already.

Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss .i love you baby"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OP, I posted a link to your thread in the MENA regional forum; someone from there who can give you country specific answers to your questions should come here and help.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 4 months later...

hi.. how are you? i also work in lebanon 4 yrs and 4 months and now im here in the philippines and we are applying a k1 visa too and we are waiting our noa2.if you are outside the lebanon you need to go the nearest Lebanese emb. to obtain that ppc .you need to wait 2 to 6 months only.if your husband is in lebanon much more easy for him to obtain, you need only 1 day.SO good luck.

i receive my police clearance already.

Hi, how long did you wait for the Lebanon Police Clearance?

Timeline

Hi, how long did you wait for the Lebanon Police Clearance?

1 month and 2 weeks

Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss .i love you baby"

1 month and 2 weeks

Really? I've been waiting since October 17th and I call the manila lebanon embassy and they tell me "they'll notify me when it comes".

I'm worried it's not coming. Did you apply through the embassy here in manila?

Timeline

Really? I've been waiting since October 17th and I call the manila lebanon embassy and they tell me "they'll notify me when it comes".

I'm worried it's not coming. Did you apply through the embassy here in manila?

Timeline

yes i applied in manila,,,muntilupa.....the lady was very nice to me :) i applied on may 30,2012 i received my police clearance on july 15,2012...i send them money again for arabic translation to English worth of 1,500 peso plus the charge of lbc coz they send them to me thru lbc....as long as you guys have the proof trying to obtain that pc its okey you can show it to us embassy that you are trying to get that pc but you don't received....

• 2 weeks later...

What's the proof we can use? She didn't give her anything in October. It's coming up on 4 months waiting now and judging by how quick everyone's pc's are coming I'm thinking maybe not.

When she applied she didn't have anything except her passport, a bio sheet the lady gave her and letter she pretty much copied from the lady.

The requirements were all things she didn't know to get before she left. She said the lady was nice but didn't give her anything as a receipt.

yes i applied in manila,,,muntilupa.....the lady was very nice to me :) i applied on may 30,2012 i received my police clearance on july 15,2012...i send them money again for arabic translation to English worth of 1,500 peso plus the charge of lbc coz they send them to me thru lbc....as long as you guys have the proof trying to obtain that pc its okey you can show it to us embassy that you are trying to get that pc but you don't received....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.