2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Few questions regarding I-864.

1. Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size

A. Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit: 1

B. Yourself 1 [Persons not sponsored in this affidavit]

C. If you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse. [What do I enter here? if I enter 1 since I am married and petitioned for my husband, it would make total 3].

23. My current individual annual income is:

I only got a permanent job in June 2012. Before that I had been working temp jobs and did not have sufficient income on my own.

Let's say my current monthly income is not same each month, it varies due to Overtime. Example: Made $1573.86 in July, $2523.20 in August and $1080.17 in first two weeks of September and next paycheck coming on September 28. How shall I calculate my individual annual income? Take the maximum and x 12 / take the minimum and x 12 or do take average of 3 months income (3 months income /3) x 4 ?

Q: I was studying and was in between jobs back in 2010 so my tax returns for 2010 are not that bright. Will that effect my petition at time of interview?

Q: Do I need to send a copy of my birth certificate to NVC as a proof of my US citizenship?

Q: Should I need a Co-Sponsor, does the Co-Sponsor also need to provide his/her birth certificate as a proof of US citizenship?

Q: I do not have a W-2 for current year because it is only given at end of the year. Should I need to provide it before end of the year, what can be done?

Q: What is the current fee for AOS? $70 or $88?

Edited by Musashii

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Few questions regarding I-864.

1. Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size

A. Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit: 1

B. Yourself 1 [Persons not sponsored in this affidavit]

C. If you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse. [What do I enter here? if I enter 1 since I am married and petitioned for my husband, it would make total 3].

You are sponsoring your spouse. They are already accounted for in 21a. 21c is 0.

23. My current individual annual income is:

I only got a permanent job in June 2012. Before that I had been working temp jobs and did not have sufficient income on my own.

Let's say my current monthly income is not same each month, it varies due to Overtime. Example: Made $1573.86 in July, $2523.20 in August and $1080.17 in first two weeks of September and next paycheck coming on September 28. How shall I calculate my individual annual income?

Average your paychecks over the period of time that you have been working. Then use that average per pay period to calculate a 52 week income.

Q: I was studying and was in between jobs back in 2010 so my tax returns for 2010 are not that bright. Will that effect my petition at time of interview? It should not.

Q: Do I need to send a copy of my birth certificate to NVC as a proof of my US citizenship? Attaching a copy of your b/c or passport bio page is a safe thing. Why risk an RFE for something so small?

Q: Should I need a Co-Sponsor, does the Co-Sponsor also need to provide his/her birth certificate as a proof of US citizenship? Yes, any sponsor must prove that they are a US citizen or Green Card holder.

Q: I do not have a W-2 for current year because it is only given at end of the year. Should I need to provide it before end of the year, what can be done? Submit copies of recent paystubs along with an employer letter to support your income claim.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.