ruhesm

NVC issues pls help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I sent in my AOS by mail along with supporting documentation and it was approved. My husband filled out the DS260 online and it has been approved. We were told that we could OPTIN after all these steps were completed so we did. Now I'm getting a notice asking me if I really wanted to optin. The only thing we have left to do before approval is submit our DS-260 supporting documents. At this point is it best to just go ahead and mail them in and not bother with the electronic processing or is it quicker to optin and then submit them via email. The NVC told me if I opted in at this point that I would have to resubmit all my AOS application and documents over again. I'm not sure what to do, can anyone help? Also, my husband is Canadian and if he has to mail the documents is there a certain place or way he must do it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

So I sent in my AOS by mail along with supporting documentation and it was approved. My husband filled out the DS260 online and it has been approved. We were told that we could OPTIN after all these steps were completed so we did. Now I'm getting a notice asking me if I really wanted to optin. The only thing we have left to do before approval is submit our DS-260 supporting documents. At this point is it best to just go ahead and mail them in and not bother with the electronic processing or is it quicker to optin and then submit them via email. The NVC told me if I opted in at this point that I would have to resubmit all my AOS application and documents over again. I'm not sure what to do, can anyone help? Also, my husband is Canadian and if he has to mail the documents is there a certain place or way he must do it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

At this point, it's better to NOT optin and just mail the IV package. You'd waste unnecessary time by opting in and then waiting for the acceptance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I agree with this. From my recent rexperience it takes 5-6 business days for NVC electronic to read your email and another 5+ days to process the content, but the optin email is processed when they read it, the optin part is ( the 5-6 days in my case was to review the ds3032 form which you will not have).

You could save a couple of days if you get lucky with electronic. I.e. send Optin today. Send Email containing Docs, tomorrow and every day thereafter just in case someone looks at that email before optin is accepted. They process in the order they recieved so they will get optin, process it then the next day they will process the ds260. The key thing here is you need to get lucky, and most do not get lucky with the NVC/DoS.

Failed K1 October 2011Married 12/19/2011

Filed CR1 - Priority date 1/05/2012

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.