craig_b1990

Bit of advice needed please I129f Q14

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks a lot! Her mother, the co-sponsor lives with her current husband. Should he be included in the calculations, he isn't dependant on her, but obviously lives with her. Would it be calculated for 3 or 4 people. That sounds like an obvious question, I know, but if he's not dependant on her, then should he be included.

Ank you again again and again!

There was misinformation posted in this thread about calculating household size. Your co-sponsor does not have to include the USC if they do not claim them as a dependent on their taxes. They would only need to count their own household size(which is not based on how many live in the house) plus the foreign fiance(e). A sponsor needs to count themselves, any spouse, all dependent children, any other dependents claimed on their taxes and the foreign fiance(e) they are agreeing to sponsor.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey, I'll start with a bit of background to this situation so it's easier to understand our problem.

My fiancée (the US resident/petitioner to be) is 18. We planned on submitting our papers as I am in the USA right now, however we saw this question and didn't want to make the wrong decision with it.

Her mother has moved to a different state, and her father has a different family. Therefore she is currently living with a close family friend for the rest of the school year, as she is starting college next year and doesnt want to complicate her schooling by moving about a lot right now. Anyway, here's the problem, the person she is living with is a single mother and mother to be shortly, as well as my fiancée planning on moving out for college, but we had planned on moving into a place together because we hoped that I would have passed the visa process by this time next year.

As I mentioned, question 14 on the I129f : where does your fiance(e) intend to live.

How should this be answered in our situation? I don't plan on living where she is currently living with their family friend, mainly because I know that I wouldnt get past the guideline for the poverty line with a single mother, 2 young children, and then add me and my fiancée, as well as the fact we both planned on living in an Apartment or something near to the college together. I cannot answer this with a specific address because obviously we don't have the place set in stone because it's too far in the future. I could go live with her mother, her mother only moved away for work, not for family problems or anything like that, my only worry is that if I put her mothers address then I'm sure I would be denied because I would be living a state away from my fiancée. (it is only 3hrs drive, maximum)

Her mother is willing to be a co-sponsor on our behalf, as far as I am aware it is possible to have a co-sponsor that isn't living with us, but just has to reside within the USA.

Can anyone help me with ideas of how to complete this question?

Thank you so much, I really hope this won't block our application :(

Where do you intend to live? Write the address in the applicable space. The address you choose will have no bearing whatever on your petition approval.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

There was misinformation posted in this thread about calculating household size. Your co-sponsor does not have to include the USC if they do not claim them as a dependent on their taxes. They would only need to count their own household size(which is not based on how many live in the house) plus the foreign fiance(e). A sponsor needs to count themselves, any spouse, all dependent children, any other dependents claimed on their taxes and the foreign fiance(e) they are agreeing to sponsor.

Okay, good to know, the co sponsor (her mother) is NOT claiming my fiancée on her taxes this year, due to being out of state and separate from her daughter it would mess up college applications for my fiancée with regards to fees, scholarships etc....anyway that's nothing to do with this haha. So it will be a household of 3 when the time comes to calculate it, which I will bear in mind. Thanks.

Where do you intend to live? Write the address in the applicable space. The address you choose will have no bearing whatever on your petition approval.

That's the whole point. I don't have an address where I intend to live yet, I just know we plan on sharing an apartment near her college. I've filled in "to be determined, charleston.... Etc" as that was recommended. You're saying I could be approved even if I planned on saying I had no where to live?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay, good to know, the co sponsor (her mother) is NOT claiming my fiancée on her taxes this year, due to being out of state and separate from her daughter it would mess up college applications for my fiancée with regards to fees, scholarships etc....anyway that's nothing to do with this haha. So it will be a household of 3 when the time comes to calculate it, which I will bear in mind. Thanks.

That's the whole point. I don't have an address where I intend to live yet, I just know we plan on sharing an apartment near her college. I've filled in "to be determined, charleston.... Etc" as that was recommended. You're saying I could be approved even if I planned on saying I had no where to live?

City and state will do.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.