bila

VERY CONFUSE NEED DIRECTION

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

I AM A US CITIZEN WHO IS TRYING TO BRING HIS OUT OFF WEDLOCK DAUGHTER.

MY DAUGHTER IS 16 YEARS OLD AND NOT MARRIED.

I-130 GOT APPROVED. I AM CONFUSED BECAUSE NCV SEND ME AN AOS FEES

THAT I PAID TODAY. I THOUGHT WHEN YOUR ARE A US CITIZEN AND YOUR DAUGHTER

IS UNDER AGE YOU DO NOT HAVE A AOS FEES.

IF I AM WRONG, WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP? THANK YOU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have to get your daughter here on a valid visa before she has claim to citizenship ( assuming she does ) To go the I130 path you have to pay all the fees involved in getting the visa and these fees include the AOS fees. The one thing you can "cheat" on is the I864 there is one for those that will be immediate citizens.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I AM A US CITIZEN WHO IS TRYING TO BRING HIS OUT OFF WEDLOCK DAUGHTER.

MY DAUGHTER IS 16 YEARS OLD AND NOT MARRIED.

I-130 GOT APPROVED. I AM CONFUSED BECAUSE NCV SEND ME AN AOS FEES

THAT I PAID TODAY. I THOUGHT WHEN YOUR ARE A US CITIZEN AND YOUR DAUGHTER

IS UNDER AGE YOU DO NOT HAVE A AOS FEES.

IF I AM WRONG, WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP? THANK YOU

USCIS does not charge you a fee to file the I-864w, but the State Dept. does charge a fee to review the I-864w. The review fee is what you paid.

From the USCIS website; http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=02055d4c6608e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I-864W, Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption

Download Form I-864W (260KB PDF)

Download Instructions for Form I-864W (1KB PDF)

Purpose of Form :

To establish that applicant is exempt from the Form I-864 requirements.

Number of Pages :

Edition Date :

09/19/11. Previous editions accepted.

Where to File :

File with all required documentation to either:

a Consular Officer with a completed Form OF-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or

an Immigration Officer with a completed Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Filing Fee :

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad.

Special Instructions :

Note on Fees: Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad. For more information, please check the "Department of State: I-864 Affidavit of Support" link to the upper-right.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.