pinay2013

bringng children to America from Philippines

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

need advice please.. I am already here in US,but my kids are,still in philippines..im still adjusting and so homesick and sometimes just wanna go back to philippines..i already have my greencard..im still looking for a job and its not that easy to get a job..cant help but self pitty..anyway..my kids will have their interview tomorrow for k2 visa..my kids are so close to their dad but he allowed them to come here since the education here is better..but sometimes,i am confuse if its right to bring them here since I myself is still trying to adjust and trying to like this country.Its been 5 months since arrived here but sti

l adjusting to everything.Good thing my husband is here with me all the time...im also concern coz they are so spoiled and dependent..they have their own yayas there.They have good life in Philippines but its so hard for me as a mother to be away from them too..im just confused what to do:( by the way , they are 3 and 6 years old.they are both going to school..

sept 26 - noa1

feb 22 - noa2

waiting for nvc to receive our case

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation...Just hang in there. And remember its always difficult to fit in or get comfortable in new surroundings...Your kids are away from you so your missing them...I've never been to the Phillippines but am sure they have great education system and your kids have a lot of benefits. But they are still young and from what you said you've been here 5 months. I'm pretty sure their missing there mom a lot. This country has a lot of benefits for your kids:education,enviornment,and being surrounded by all sorts of cultures and people.

Can you live without your kids? Can they grow up without there mom? As a child of divorced parents my fondest memories are with my mom. Even though I saw my dad once in a while. My mom was the one that was their and never took her for granted..I mean I love my dad as well however I needed my mom...But whatever decision you make just remember its your choice and they are young..

Goodluck

Filed: Timeline

Children that age will adjust easily so try not to worry about them. Personally, I found that the first year here was horrible. The 2nd year was much better, and now it feels like home. Give it time, Kjay. You have gone through, and are going through, a lot. It tends to cloud your perspective on reality. Once the children are here you'll be much happier. Hugs to you. (F)

iagree.gif

• 2 weeks later...

They'll adapt very well in the US. Hope you'll see them soon

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it will be hard for them at first. But kids are really adaptable. I've done some research about education in PI and overall the education system is rife with problems. So it's likely that bringing your kids here will give them better education opportunities and definitely better career opportunities, better medical care. It's also important to be with their mom I think. But beware that settling them in here will be a hard transition for them - language, weather, culture, new friends, academic challenge, etc. I think that how easy their transition is will depend on lot on the attitude they see from their mom - from you. If you are depressed, negative, homesick, lethargic, sad - then you can probably expect to see those same things in your kids when they come here and they probably won't adapt very well.

It's normal to be homesick for awhile but 5 months is a long time. I'd encourage you to take a look in the mirror and start to do some work on yourself - find a hobby, find a job, go back to school, get out and do things and get positive - take charge of yourself and your life so when your kids arrive they see a positive, happy woman in a loving marriage and eager to form a happy family with them.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Edited by newbster

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.