karlaortiz0103

Received 221g only "Wait Until You Hear From Us" checked

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJers! My Fiance just came from US Embassy Manila and she received a 221g with "Wait until you hear from us" box checked and nothing else. They took all her documents and supporting documents she had with her and her passport. Also, NO 2GO form was filled out. So here is where the confusion starts. During her interview she was interrogated by an NBI representative that asked her about information on me THEN asked the name of her current boyfriend. After saying my name again, the NBI rep says "no, your other boyfriend." Basically accusing her of cheating on me or implying that the relationship isn't valid. The interviewer continues harrassing her and forcing her to admit to a boyfriend.

After researching, I've noticed a few post pointing to "red flags." Apparently, my recent divorce in 2011 (but seperated since 2009) is flagging the process. They think, again this is speculation, my fiance didn't receive and verbal confirmation with them, the future marraige is a sham. I'm just looking for someone whose had the same experience. If you have, please advise me on the actions I should take. Thank you for all replys.

You said "forcing her to admit to a boyfriend" so does that mean she agreed?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Timeline

that's kind of weird??

why they ask for her bf??

isn't she's your FIANCE?? i mean for me using those two words bf and fiance are waaaaaaaayyyy different...embassy usually used the word "FIANCE" but not bf.

now make me wonder they probably read that somewhere your chat log/text/letter/conversation that you guys submitted w/them?? did you guys have that issue before...maybe you guys didn't delete or forgot to delete it.

my fiance he was there yesterday too...but they were nice to him :blush:

hopefully they kept her passport...

Edited by Fight for Love

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Your fiancée did not have a routine interview. Something is very wrong, and you have every right to be worried.

However, keeping a cool head and getting the facts may help your case.

My questions:

> How did she know it was the NBI who questioned her?

> Was it only the NBI who questioned her?

> Did any other Embassy personnel question her?

> Was she taken to another room to be questioned?

> How long did the questioning last?

> Has anyone else ever petitioned her?

> Have you seen her CENOMAR?

> Exactly what questions did they ask her?

I doubt if your separation and divorce had anything to do with what happened at her interview.

Timeline

You said "forcing her to admit to a boyfriend" so does that mean she agreed?

Negative. What I meant was they were very persistent and the questions was continously brought up.

Timeline

that's kind of weird??

why they ask for her bf??

isn't she's your FIANCE?? i mean for me using those two words bf and fiance are waaaaaaaayyyy different...embassy usually used the word "FIANCE" but not bf.

now make me wonder they probably read that somewhere your chat log/text/letter/conversation that you guys submitted w/them?? did you guys have that issue before...maybe you guys didn't delete or forgot to delete it.

my fiance he was there yesterday too...but they were nice to him :blush:

hopefully they kept her passport...

Not sure. To give more of a back story...I am a divorcee and the CO noted the fact that the divorce and petition were in close proximity to each other. Divorced Nov 2011...Petitioned Jan 2012. Again as a note I have been seperated from my ex since 2009 and my fiance and I met in 2010. I hate to sound defensive but I wouldn't have petitioned her if any sort of cheating had occured. During the relationship. I'm concerned that they are treating this visa application as fraud.

Timeline

Your fiancée did not have a routine interview. Something is very wrong, and you have every right to be worried.

However, keeping a cool head and getting the facts may help your case.

My questions:

> How did she know it was the NBI who questioned her?

> Was it only the NBI who questioned her?

> Did any other Embassy personnel question her?

> Was she taken to another room to be questioned?

> How long did the questioning last?

> Has anyone else ever petitioned her?

> Have you seen her CENOMAR?

> Exactly what questions did they ask her?

I doubt if your separation and divorce had anything to do with what happened at her interview.

How did she know it was the NBI who questioned her? - Individual was wearing an NBI badge.

Was it only the NBI who questioned her? - CO questioned first then noted the close range of my divorce and K1 Visa petition.

Did any other Embassy personnel question her? - Yes, see question above.

Was she taken to another room to be questioned? - Unsure, she did mention she felt like she was being interrogated.

How long did the questioning last? - 15 - 20 min

Has anyone else ever petitioned her? - negative

Have you seen her CENOMAR? - negative but one was issued. All her paperwork was accepted. The 221g only had the "Wait until you hear from us" box checked.

Exactly what questions did they ask her? - Standard questions from the CO. When the NBI individual stepped in the boyfriend questions kept coming up.

Not sure. To give more of a back story...I am a divorcee and the CO noted the fact that the divorce and petition were in close proximity to each other. Divorced Nov 2011...Petitioned Jan 2012. Again as a note I have been seperated from my ex since 2009 and my fiance and I met in 2010. I hate to sound defensive but I wouldn't have petitioned her if any sort of cheating had occured. During the relationship. I'm concerned that they are treating this visa application as fraud.

still it doesn't make sense...they were not questioning you about your ex's wife......but instead they were asking your fiance with her 3 party AKA bf on the side.

wow i assumed maybe someone who doesn't like/hate/jealous..reported her...i've heard about this issue before.

Timeline

I don't think it is about your divorce..my then fiance just got his divorce ( which actually had gone almost 3 years before the divorce was over) first week of March 2011 and sent off the package end of March 2011 then was accepted by the USCIS First week of April. My interview went smooth the CO didn't ask me too much question about my then fiance's divorce nor about my annulment. I think there's some other problem and not really about your divorce.

goodluck!

Edited by Dean_De

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think it has anything to do with your divorce. I was in a situation like yours with my ex and didn't even file for divorce until after I had been to the philippines to meet my fiancee. Didn't have any problems at all. Now it is not normal for an NBI rep to be there and ask questions. For whatever reason, the NBI thinks that your fiancee has had a regular boyfriend, besides you. The fact is that at this time, you don't know if she has or not, I know you don't want to hear that, but it's the same for all of us, just some won't admit it. We were not there when our fiancees were waiting. The embassy will probably do a thorough investigation, then make a decision.

Timeline

I don't think it has anything to do with your divorce. I was in a situation like yours with my ex and didn't even file for divorce until after I had been to the philippines to meet my fiancee. Didn't have any problems at all. Now it is not normal for an NBI rep to be there and ask questions. For whatever reason, the NBI thinks that your fiancee has had a regular boyfriend, besides you. The fact is that at this time, you don't know if she has or not, I know you don't want to hear that, but it's the same for all of us, just some won't admit it. We were not there when our fiancees were waiting. The embassy will probably do a thorough investigation, then make a decision.

I don't seem to understand how the NBI could accuse a person of infidelity just by looking at visa paperwork, unless they had a investigator on her at every moment and I know they wouldn't do that. I'm not taking any offense to your comments but I am Filipino and grew up in the culture. Filipina's are normally very monogamous when it comes to relationships. Anyway, I appreciate the reply.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't seem to understand how the NBI could accuse a person of infidelity just by looking at visa paperwork, unless they had a investigator on her at every moment and I know they wouldn't do that. I'm not taking any offense to your comments but I am Filipino and grew up in the culture. Filipina's are normally very monogamous when it comes to relationships. Anyway, I appreciate the reply.

Well, they can pretty much say/claim anything to discover fraud - which is the exact reason for those questions, over and over again. Either they believe your fiancce because she kept insisting on she was telling the truth, or they didn't believe her.

What would help alot is having your fiancee reference her interview. Some details might've been lost. Alot can be said in 20 minutes other than them insisting on your fiancee having a boyfriend.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Have you seen her CENOMAR? - negative but one was issued. All her paperwork was accepted. The 221g only had the "Wait until you hear from us" box checked.

Exactly what questions did they ask her? - Standard questions from the CO. When the NBI individual stepped in the boyfriend questions kept coming up.

You should find out precisely what questions the NBI asked her.

As you probably already know, the Philippines is considered a high-fraud country. There's a reason for that: fraud happens regularly. I have a Pinoy friend who was born and raised in the Philippines. He was scammed by a Filipina who he had petitioned on a K-1. No one is immune from it. I'm not saying it happened to you, but you should pay attention to the red flag that presented itself. If I were in your shoes, I would be asking her more questions than you seem to be asking.

Alot can be said in 20 minutes other than them insisting on your fiancee having a boyfriend.

Precisely... :thumbs:

Hello VJers! My Fiance just came from US Embassy Manila and she received a 221g with "Wait until you hear from us" box checked and nothing else. They took all her documents and supporting documents she had with her and her passport. Also, NO 2GO form was filled out. So here is where the confusion starts. During her interview she was interrogated by an NBI representative that asked her about information on me THEN asked the name of her current boyfriend. After saying my name again, the NBI rep says "no, your other boyfriend." Basically accusing her of cheating on me or implying that the relationship isn't valid. The interviewer continues harrassing her and forcing her to admit to a boyfriend.

After researching, I've noticed a few post pointing to "red flags." Apparently, my recent divorce in 2011 (but seperated since 2009) is flagging the process. They think, again this is speculation, my fiance didn't receive and verbal confirmation with them, the future marraige is a sham. I'm just looking for someone whose had the same experience. If you have, please advise me on the actions I should take. Thank you for all replys.

I have a thought that,your Fiancee got another guy. maybe a serious relationship to this guy. and maybe the NBI agent was sent to USEM

to do further investigation about your Fiancee, maybe she have done something unlikely to the other man. cuz why was she interrogated for a guy who is not the petitioner. or try to call USEM instead and ask for clarification of her story.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

or yet maybe her bf come to declare his relationship with her....i'm assuming he cannot accept the truth that she is going somewhere without him :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

how long have you been dating your fiance? and how you guys met? do i sound like an NBI now lol :bonk:

sorry for being annoying lol :bonk:

let just wait for the outcome and hoping they will approved your visa :thumbs:

goodluck!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.