MandyBear

VFS Mumbai Process CHANGE

111 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nope, he never got an email from that site. The only "confirmation" I received was the PDF print out page with the bar-code at the end of the registration process.

:hehe:

ALTHOUGH, my husband seems to remember that the actual full site changes WILL NOT go into effect until September 26th, so we may want to re-check that site on that day and be sure our information is correct!!

Hey thanks for that, I got the same barcode with UID...successfully

*****USCIS (181 Days)

March 07/2012: Send I-130

March 09/2012: NOA1 Received

July 05/2012: NOA2 Received….Approved…WOOHOOO

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

July 09/2012: Case Received at NVC

July 24/2012: NVC Case # Received

July 24/2012: E-Mailed DS 3032 (From Beneficiary’s E-mail ID)

July 31/2012: Bill Invoiced & Paid

Aug 01/2012: AOS Shows as ''PAID''

Aug 01/2012: DS3032 Approved

Aug 02/2012: Invoiced for IV Bill $230.00 Paid the same

Aug 02/2012: IV Shows as ''Paid'' sent the package IV-Finally

Aug 10/2012: NVC Case Complete....

*****Interview Stage*****

Sep 14/2012: Interview date assigned after long wait (Oct 17th)

Oct 17/2012: Big day - Waiting

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

ok from what i can tell, they are still working on the page. Lets all wait till 26th Sep 2012. Ok !

5/1/2022 - Filed I-130 For Mom

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Timeline

Hi RnS,

Ok, so I went to the site and yeah...it's a little confusing. I played around till I found this location:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-documentdelivery.asp

THAT is where you would want to do your registration. It's not really that great as it asked for a Priority date which my husband does not have considering that he is IR-1 (they always get first priority) but it forced me to enter a date so I entered his Interview date!!! :rofl:

It also doesn't go past like 1981 for the date selection of when his passport was issued. HUH? I had to type it in instead of doing the date selection drop down box. :blink:

Also, even though I entered an address for delivery of his documents, on the confirmation PDF page it still force showed an address in Pune which I assume is the VFS location for here???

It forced me to select that pre-entered address for pick up and the verbiage on that page said if no one was available at our home address, it would be sent to the address pre-entered. Ok...that's cool and all....

BUT WHY does it show I selected PICK UP for that address on the PDF page? I did not select for us to pick up his stuff...I put our home address in on the right screen! UGH! :bonk:

So yeah...already seeing problems with that page. I'm going to keep checking back...maybe by the 25th or 26th it will have been updated to allow changes to some of those pages. Like where to deliver our stuff to!!!!!!!!!!!!

I attached a screen shot of the PDF page they gave me after confirming the information.

Hi....

I agree with what you say.I have my interview date on 1st oct.And Ahmedabad VFS center is not accpeting documents.Told us to register our self and have print of that on the day of your interview.But I am facing the same problem...And priority date is the date when your petition was filed.http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html#priority............visit this you will get all glossary terms here.

Applicant Names: MARGI PATEL

Passport Number: K4232219

UID:

U.S. Consulate General: MUMBAI

Trip Purpose: NVC Scheduled Appointment

Visa Class: CR1

Document Delivery Type: Pick Up

Location Name: Ahmedabad

Location Name: Ahmedabad

Address 1: Gujarat Chambers Building

Address 2: Shri Ambika Mills Ashram Road

City: Ahmedabad

State:

Postal Code: 380009..

seriously its too confusing.!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This process was never so confusing untill it was in states...

I have questions for CR-1 friends

1. Is there a visa fee to be paid by US here in ''India/Mumbai''. I did get an e-mail for appointment which states visa fee ''$404''

2. If yes where and when we pay this fees.

3. I am aware of paying Rs393 at VFS. Has the amount been reduced from $404 to new amount.??

Please if anyone whose gone thru this can answer this.

Also I have this link which states fees.. Wanted to check if i am correct

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivfees.html

You may be misunderstanding the e-mail. The $404 fee is probably referring to "Invoice IV Fee" you paid on the state department website in the final steps of NVC.

We did have to pay the Rs. 398 for mail/courier service for our passport to be delivered after we get the visa.

But VFS is not accepting that anymore either. I'm not sure if they will mail passport free of charge or they will collect this courier free on the day of interview.

Plus, think about it, how can they reduce such a large amount as $404 to Rs.398? Does that make sense?

And the link you have provided states the fees are for "Filing an Immigrant Visa Petition"(I-130). This, I found out by clicking on a few links on that page.

VJ members, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Timeline

You may be misunderstanding the e-mail. The $404 fee is probably referring to "Invoice IV Fee" you paid on the state department website in the final steps of NVC.

We did have to pay the Rs. 398 for mail/courier service for our passport to be delivered after we get the visa.

But VFS is not accepting that anymore either. I'm not sure if they will mail passport free of charge or they will collect this courier free on the day of interview.

Plus, think about it, how can they reduce such a large amount as $404 to Rs.398? Does that make sense?

And the link you have provided states the fees are for "Filing an Immigrant Visa Petition"(I-130). This, I found out by clicking on a few links on that page.

So I was right when I thought that no more fees have to be paid...Thanks a lot for your effort

Thanks for clarification also during my Visit to VFS I did ask abt the Courier fees, but the fellow handed me the letter as said the process has been changed...

Edited by Djay

*****USCIS (181 Days)

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well...all i can say by reading from their new Website is that....

First, register at their new website and select ur document delivery address after ur visa is approved at ur preferred location...For Gujarat there is 2 Blue Dart addresses...1 for Baroda and 2 for A'bad.....After selecting ur document delivery address fill all details and print out the receipt....carry that print on day of ur interview...

We dont need to submit any more docs to VFS 4-7 days before our Interview..

No couries fees i.e 393 Rs......

Just conduct Medical exam before our interview and straight away take report at Interview at US Consulate Mumbai....

Carry all Docs...i.e. Civil Docs pertaining to ur case..Original and Photocopies, Latest passport PCC, ur Latest 2*2 photos, Latest IRS Tax return transcripts from Petitioner, any docs showing relationship proof with petitioner as per ur category......All this directly to Consulate on Interview day...

After ur visa is approved Blue Dart will deliver ur passport and Brown envelope to ur specified location and from there they will deliver ur passport at ur home address...U will just have to show ur Govt. ID card Original then only they will give u ur passport and envelope....

Hope this clarifies all confusion to our members...

Well...i think this is more easy process as compared to earlier process....i.e. VFS

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Well...all i can say by reading from their new Website is that....

First, register at their new website and select ur document delivery address after ur visa is approved at ur preferred location...For Gujarat there is 2 Blue Dart addresses...1 for Baroda and 2 for A'bad.....After selecting ur document delivery address fill all details and print out the receipt....carry that print on day of ur interview...

We dont need to submit any more docs to VFS 4-7 days before our Interview..

No couries fees i.e 393 Rs......

Just conduct Medical exam before our interview and straight away take report at Interview at US Consulate Mumbai....

Carry all Docs...i.e. Civil Docs pertaining to ur case..Original and Photocopies, Latest passport PCC, ur Latest 2*2 photos, Latest IRS Tax return transcripts from Petitioner, any docs showing relationship proof with petitioner as per ur category......All this directly to Consulate on Interview day...

After ur visa is approved Blue Dart will deliver ur passport and Brown envelope to ur specified location and from there they will deliver ur passport at ur home address...U will just have to show ur Govt. ID card Original then only they will give u ur passport and envelope....

Hope this clarifies all confusion to our members...

Well...i think this is more easy process as compared to earlier process....i.e. VFS

:thumbs:

*****USCIS (181 Days)

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

Timeline

krash10 I found out yesterday abt this, YES the fee that was $404 earlier in April 2012 was reduced to $230, and that is what we were invoiced for.. So

I-130 - $420 approx

I-864 - $88

and DS230 that is Package 4 - $230

Next come Rs393 approx - which is doubtful as it does not say nething

*****USCIS (181 Days)

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

Timeline

Okay a link to new address for the Visa application center (WEF 24th September)

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/news.html

*****USCIS (181 Days)

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

krash10 I found out yesterday abt this, YES the fee that was $404 earlier in April 2012 was reduced to $230, and that is what we were invoiced for.. So

I-130 - $420 approx

I-864 - $88

and DS230 that is Package 4 - $230

Next come Rs393 approx - which is doubtful as it does not say nething

You're right, I paid $230 so I should have remembered that. My mistake.

Filed: Timeline

May_Taurus

It seems like everybody was able to register to the website successfully except me. I register it but 1V address link was not active. I tried anyways. After filling up details about Visa type, address, passport details and delivery address it took me to the page stating there was no appointments available. I was trying to register a delivery address not making a Visa appointment. Input would be appreciated. Thanks

Timeline

Just an FYI to everyone... (DOCUMENT ATTACHED)

Starting on September 26th, ALL applicants must create a profile and arrange for courier online.

No documents will be received by VFS Mumbai at the old Tirupati Apartments (across from Mahalaxmi Temple) address.

VFS Mumbai will be moving from their current location to the US Embassy offices and as such are changing their intake process to be digital and more "user friendly". This is supposed to speed up and help those applying for Visa's by making the process more efficient.

From now on, Documents will be given on the day of your Interview. You will be requested to show up at least 30 minutes before your interview time to give your documents to VFS Agents for processing. You will now need to carry a print out of your online registration as well as your Interview Letter.

The website is: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in

There will also be a website for fee's if applicable and you will need to bring a print out receipt of payment as well.

That website is: http://mumbai.uscons...gov/ivfees.html

We learned this when we went to VFS yesterday (9/18) in the morning and they gave us the print out that I've attached here.

UGH...would have been nice if they had posted this on their website the day BEFORE they started this new procedure so we wouldn't have had to make the 3 hour trip. :bonk:

Also, I confirmed this at the US Embassy. After getting turned away at VFS, we made the trip to the Embassy and I gained access and talked to a US representative and the VFS Manager on site. Both confirmed these changes. Because honestly...it seemed a bit wonky to me.

My biggest problem is that people will not be able to review our case ahead of time...however that also means that there is not extra trips to turn in documents any more. ::shrugs::

Good Luck Everyone!

MandyBear,

Thanks a ton for starting this thread and this is the best information for upcoming interview candidates. God Bless your heart for sharing it to VJ'rs. I got very useful information and advise from this thread.

Other VJ'rs,

I see there are some of you with already scheduled interviews in and about these posts and so I take this time to Wish you all the very best!!! it sure is difficult with added on changes/tensions from the other side(consulate procedures) when we have more than enough from our end!

Please, keep updating us!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

May_Taurus

It seems like everybody was able to register to the website successfully except me. I register it but 1V address link was not active. I tried anyways. After filling up details about Visa type, address, passport details and delivery address it took me to the page stating there was no appointments available. I was trying to register a delivery address not making a Visa appointment. Input would be appreciated. Thanks

Well..when is ur appointment at US Consulate..???? Coz when u open ustraveldocs.com site, u will see this notics:

NOTICE:

This site can only schedule NIV appointments for dates after September 26, 2012 and/or register courier addresses for IV applicants.

So, if u try to register courier address before 26 sep u will not be able to do that....

also, u may try in this week i.e. from tomorrow...may be they would activate the IV address link .....

Best Luck and do post here whatever u see at the site....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.