MandyBear

VFS Mumbai Process CHANGE

111 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

May_Taurus

Thanks for your Input. My wife interview in 2 week of October. how i miss that notice? :innocent: may be i am freaking out that could be the reason but thanks. I will keep you guys updated.

Ohh...Then u must be able to select courier delivery address....Well..i understand what must be going on ur mind now....But all i can say is try tomorrow ...If possible call VFS Helpline...Visit VFS in person and ask abt the problem u r facing....May be they suggest u what to do in this situation....U still 3 weeks gap before ur wife's interview...I think u will be able to select ur courier delivery address within that time frame...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Ohh...Then u must be able to select courier delivery address....Well..i understand what must be going on ur mind now....But all i can say is try tomorrow ...If possible call VFS Helpline...Visit VFS in person and ask abt the problem u r facing....May be they suggest u what to do in this situation....U still 3 weeks gap before ur wife's interview...I think u will be able to select ur courier delivery address within that time frame...

Thanks May_Tauras

Wife is going to VFS tomorrow Lets see what happens.

My wife went to VFS today to find out about the change but VFS took all the documents and courier fees from my wife and gave her receipt. They did not say anything about change when my wife asked about the change he (Guy on the counter) said he did not have full information about the change but only thing he knows that process would be the same before 26th.

FYI. VFS office was in Chandigarh.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife went to VFS today to find out about the change but VFS took all the documents and courier fees from my wife and gave her receipt. They did not say anything about change when my wife asked about the change he (Guy on the counter) said he did not have full information about the change but only thing he knows that process would be the same before 26th.

FYI. VFS office was in Chandigarh.

Well..All is well that ends well....so i think u dont have to worry much now except the final Interview...All ur Docs submission part is over now...U just need to concentrate on Interview ....rest all is done...And dont think much abt process change after 26th..coz VFS has now finally accepted ur docs and also u have receipt...sp no prblm at all ....Best luck for Final one...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone

any one who got register confirmation for K1 VISA CATEGORY in that website? if yes what VISA CLASS did you choose? as there is no K1 VISA category in it so does it fall under CR1??????????????? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

please help if you have done so

i know IR1/CR1 they can choose that but i dnt want to mess it up by choosing wrong visa category!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone

any one who got register confirmation for K1 VISA CATEGORY in that website? if yes what VISA CLASS did you choose? as there is no K1 VISA category in it so does it fall under CR1??????????????? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

please help if you have done so

i know IR1/CR1 they can choose that but i dnt want to mess it up by choosing wrong visa category!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Go to Schedule Interview --- > Select Immigrant or immigrant --- > Select State --- > Select language --- > on pressing continue...it gives Select Visa Class: option - In the first column it tells abt K-1 Visa (in Yellow) just below the first box where it has info abt K-1 it gives and option

''Visa for Fiancee

The K-1 visa (also known as the Fiancé(e) Visa) can be filed by a U.S. citizen who wishes to bring his or her prospective spouse to the United States with the intention of getting married there. Minor children (unmarried and under age 21) of a K-1 applicant may derive immigration benefits from the same I-129F petition and be issued a K-2 visa.

K1 - Fiance or Fiancee of U.S. Citizen

K2 - Child of K-1

Choose the one u have applied for

*****USCIS (181 Days)

March 07/2012: Send I-130

March 09/2012: NOA1 Received

July 05/2012: NOA2 Received….Approved…WOOHOOO

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

July 09/2012: Case Received at NVC

July 24/2012: NVC Case # Received

July 24/2012: E-Mailed DS 3032 (From Beneficiary’s E-mail ID)

July 31/2012: Bill Invoiced & Paid

Aug 01/2012: AOS Shows as ''PAID''

Aug 01/2012: DS3032 Approved

Aug 02/2012: Invoiced for IV Bill $230.00 Paid the same

Aug 02/2012: IV Shows as ''Paid'' sent the package IV-Finally

Aug 10/2012: NVC Case Complete....

*****Interview Stage*****

Sep 14/2012: Interview date assigned after long wait (Oct 17th)

Oct 17/2012: Big day - Waiting

I am confuse again...Interview letter said bring Medical report to New Delhi Consulate. My wife went to VFS couple of days before 26th to VFS and they took medical report and all other document and gave her receipt. I was curious so I called Delhi consulate. They said it was okay but US travel docs helpline told me to get the medical report back. WTH? Helpline people have no idea what are they talking about at all. Every question you asked they will tell can please hold on a second and blah blah

I am really concerned now. Does my wife will have any issue on CR-1 interview? Please help

Timeline

I am confuse again...Interview letter said bring Medical report to New Delhi Consulate. My wife went to VFS couple of days before 26th to VFS and they took medical report and all other document and gave her receipt. I was curious so I called Delhi consulate. They said it was okay but US travel docs helpline told me to get the medical report back. WTH? Helpline people have no idea what are they talking about at all. Every question you asked they will tell can please hold on a second and blah blah

I am really concerned now. Does my wife will have any issue on CR-1 interview? Please help

I doubt on gettin report Back... coz if u have submitted u might have the receipt for documents submitted which will show medical report, U sud rather contact VFS center for this case if they have accepted all documents..gd luck with this :thumbs:

*****USCIS (181 Days)

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

Timeline

So I called the new numbers on that common notice, the only information they are sure about is ''u have to carry all documents at the time of interview including medical report''.

For rest of the questions they have common answer '' pls chek the website '' when I told them its not clearly updated about the fees of Rs393, she says '' u carry it, if they ask u pay '' :angry:

We are dead :dead:

*****USCIS (181 Days)

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife gave her interview on 26th. VFS had not accepted our documents.

She called me once she was done. It went very smoothly. She was not asked for any documents except for pictures of us.

I still have not talked about it in detail but I will talk to her and write up her experience shortly.

Timeline

My wife gave her interview on 26th. VFS had not accepted our documents.

She called me once she was done. It went very smoothly. She was not asked for any documents except for pictures of us.

I still have not talked about it in detail but I will talk to her and write up her experience shortly.

a_krash10

Pls do share as I need to know if VFS does not accept documents, she was asked to carry everything for interview but they asked only for PIC...well thats good...

*****USCIS (181 Days)

*****NVC Stage(31Days)

Timeline

I hope those who had interview at the Mumbai/Delhi consulates are all happy and ALL IS WELL!!! Please update me on the following:

1. Did any of these consualtes require you to pay any fee? I paid $404 IV processing fee last year and now it is reduced to $230 so please update me if they required you to pay it again or any fees at the consulate.
  2. Did you go to the OFC which in Mumbai is the new VFS office to get your biometrics and fingerprinting done?
  3. Where did you show the printed pdf confirmation of online registration and when?
  4. If we do not require to hand over any documents prior to the interview how do we know if we got all the required documents for the interview
  5. Is there any option of same day visa delivery, like before?

please help!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I hope those who had interview at the Mumbai/Delhi consulates are all happy and ALL IS WELL!!! Please update me on the following:

1. Did any of these consualtes require you to pay any fee? I paid $404 IV processing fee last year and now it is reduced to $230 so please update me if they required you to pay it again or any fees at the consulate.
  2. Did you go to the OFC which in Mumbai is the new VFS office to get your biometrics and fingerprinting done?
  3. Where did you show the printed pdf confirmation of online registration and when?
  4. If we do not require to hand over any documents prior to the interview how do we know if we got all the required documents for the interview
  5. Is there any option of same day visa delivery, like before?

please help!

-No more fees as far as I know. We thought they would ask for courier fee at the consulate but no, they are mailing passports without any fees.

-My wife did not go to OFC. They take biometrics at the consulate.

-They did not ask for the PDF confirmation page. But it is a good practice to have all the documents, just in case.

-As for the required documents - your interview letter, VFS website and VJ forum will help with that. We took all documents from start of the visa process till now.

-I don't believe there is a same day option. Before we could have picked it up at VFS but that office is no longer there. And since we do the online registration and put our mailing address and pick-up preference, we don't know where the passport will go from consulate. So imo, its better to just wait a few days. From what I've read, it only takes 3-4 days to get to your home anyways.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.