BettyAndMe

3 divorces and the I-129F

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I have 3 divorces. The I-129F form (Question 9) has room for only 2. How do I handle this? Do I use a supplement like for Question 18 (How we met)? If so, is there a specific item to enter on Question 9 to indicate the supplement?

As a related question, the first two marriages were very brief and very long ago (one ended in '79 the other in '82). The third marriage was for 20 years and is probably more reflective of my commitment to marriage. Would you guys advise putting some kind of statement to this effect in the above supplement?

I'm new here but I did look through the other Forums and FAQs and did not see this question answered.

Thanks for your help

3dflagsdotcom_perna_2fawm.gifglitter_maker_01_26_2007_21_13_58_57228.gif 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Our Timeline

08/03/06 -- Met online, have chatted almost every day since then

09/29/06 -- Met in person at the Lima Airport. 10 wonderful days together.

10/31/06 -- I-129F mailed to TSC

11/09/06 -- CSC cashes the check

11/14/06 -- NOA-1 Received

11/16/06 -- We get 11 days together in Arequipa (Betty's home town). I meet her family for the first time.

12/28/06 -- We get 19 days together in Arequipa. I'll be back in February.

01/18/07 -- Touched! First sign of life.

01/19/07 -- 12:10 AM, NOA-2! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! On to the next step.

01/19/07 -- Touched again, around 11 AM. I guess we're on the way to the NVC!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have 3 divorces. The I-129F form (Question 9) has room for only 2. How do I handle this? Do I use a supplement like for Question 18 (How we met)? If so, is there a specific item to enter on Question 9 to indicate the supplement?

As a related question, the first two marriages were very brief and very long ago (one ended in '79 the other in '82). The third marriage was for 20 years and is probably more reflective of my commitment to marriage. Would you guys advise putting some kind of statement to this effect in the above supplement?

I'm new here but I did look through the other Forums and FAQs and did not see this question answered.

Thanks for your help

I would just put "See attached supplement" and then list all marriages on the supplement

I do not think they are concerned about the added information. They will be looking for three divorce decrees however.

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks fwaguy,

That was my thought too. Then I got to reading all the horror stories about REF's for minor technical issues and I got concerned there.

3dflagsdotcom_perna_2fawm.gifglitter_maker_01_26_2007_21_13_58_57228.gif 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Our Timeline

11/16/06 -- We get 11 days together in Arequipa (Betty's home town). I meet her family for the first time.

Timeline
Presume your divorces were from USC's and that you have never before filed an 129F for a previous spouse?

That is correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have mentioned it in my original post. I have the certified decrees. There are no other unusual or complicating issues. I just didn't know how to indicate this situation on the I-129F.

I expect to file the petition in the next few days.

Our Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For the I-129F, they are only looking that you have submitted the requirements for the fiancee visa petition. Anything beyond that is irrelavent at this point.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

how interesting just looked to see what we did (same 3 divorces) and the form has changed there used to be three lines not two :wacko:

Dont worry about the implications of this scenario at no stage during K1 or AOS did anyone ever ask any questions regarding previous marriages (and none were for 20yrs) just make sure you submit the complete certified divorce documents appertaining to each divorce.

Good Luck on your journey

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Presume your divorces were from USC's and that you have never before filed an 129F for a previous spouse?

That is correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have mentioned it in my original post. I have the certified decrees. There are no other unusual or complicating issues. I just didn't know how to indicate this situation on the I-129F.

You're catching on quick. ;)

I only mentioned this to remind you and other readers of the IMBRA implications and the corresponding questions on the I-129F.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.