26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Laos
Timeline

Hi,

After waiting three months for an approved answer from USCIS, yesterday my wife (applicant) received a letter for a 2nd I485 interview. Dang it! I (the sponsor) thought the first interview had gone pretty well. She was 8 months pregnant when we went in for the interview in June. She has since given birth to a handsome baby boy. We both are confused on number mainly because she has never been in any trouble with the law. Any advices will be appreciated!

1) First request pertains to applicant: she has never been in trouble with the law since her arrival in the US. I am confused on this request.

2) Yes I will be there and this 2nd interview will be a stoke interview I presume.

3) I will bring my w-2, tax return, and pay stubs but my wife has never been employed in the US.

4) Will provide requested documents.

5) She will bring her work/travel IDs.

Thanks!

John

i485.pdf

did you have your 2011 taxpapers in your original file or were they asked in your first interview?

do you still have copies of your original filing?

if you do, check what was filled about the criminal history. maybe a checked yes instead of no somewhere?

and finally, you wiped lot of info from the doc but left your MSC number there. :)

Timeline

I checked my copies of the original filing documents and the questions relating to criminal activities are all check "No". My W2, 2011 Tax filing, and pay stubs were sent in with the original filing packet.

LOL about the MSC number!

Timeline

as this is a followup... take also your baby's birth cert :)

wondering if the officer just wanted to see how good looking baby it will be...

Tempa - LoL the baby will have to show up too because he is on Momma's milk and he will not take bottle. I wonder if baby is allow in the interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi

My husband and I are also waiting for a second interview. Our first was on 5/30 and we need to get this 2nd one soon because we already bought plane tickets. I'm thinking we will hear any day since our office is only at 4 month processing (same as yours). Anyway, in your case i would go to the local sheriff's office (public records) and get proof that she doesn't have a criminal record. It should only cost you a couple of dollars and of course the birth cert. Please keep us posted on how it goes. I'm sure you will be approved on the spot!

1) First request pertains to applicant: she has never been in trouble with the law since her arrival in the US. I am confused on this request.

your comment finally sank in.

has she ever been arrested ELSEWHERE?

Edited by tempa

Timeline

No she arrived in the US June of last year. She speaks no English nor know how to drive so getting in troublw with the law is likley

Thanks for the headsup and we will head to the Sheriff's office for a record. Of course baby's birth certificate will definitely accompany us to the interview.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

can you post your 1st interview experience??? do from there we can get idea whats gone wrong???

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

can you post your 1st interview experience??? do from there we can get idea whats gone wrong???

That would definitely provide some insights...

Get Fit > Learn > Work Harder >> Earn your Happiness !

May GOD bless All !

2007 - Entered, Start work in USA on H1B

2010 - Met my now wife :-)

2012 - Got married -> I Do !

July, 2012 - Preparing AOS package

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

After waiting three months for an approved answer from USCIS, yesterday my wife (applicant) received a letter for a 2nd I485 interview. Dang it! I (the sponsor) thought the first interview had gone pretty well. She was 8 months pregnant when we went in for the interview in June. She has since given birth to a handsome baby boy. We both are confused on number mainly because she has never been in any trouble with the law. Any advices will be appreciated!

2) Yes I will be there and this 2nd interview will be a stoke interview I presume.

3) I will bring my w-2, tax return, and pay stubs but my wife has never been employed in the US.

4) Will provide requested documents.

5) She will bring her work/travel IDs.

Thanks!

John

Hi John,

I had my first interview on August 21 and this friday a letter for second interview. First interview went well, I didnt expect send interview but we dont know what went wrong. Your is on Oct 16 and mine is on OCT 18. Good luck!..................Post your sencond interview experince. it might help us.

Timeline

Our first interview went fine. We arrived early on a friday but wasn't call into the office until 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment. We brought an interpreter since she doesn't speak english. The male interviewer asked my wife the usual questions: name, BOD, her parent's name, has she been arrested, her ID, and etc. After that he started questioning me about my ex-wife and my three children that she had left me with. He noted that I didn't put them on the i485 application so he wrote their name and made copies of their birth certificate. I also showed him the death certificate and he went on to my Finance. We showed him our join bank account. Medical bill for her prenatal checkups, her health insurance card through my company, and our Chase debit cards. He asked me about my work and how long I have been there (6years). He went through my paystubs that I provided him. He spend most of the time looking over her files. He asked me about my bankruptcy and I told him that after 2.5 years of cancer treatments for my deceased wife I lost just about everything emotionally and financially. I told him I had to foreclose my house and a rental property and file bankruptcy for protection. After five minutes of him looking over her files again he said that he can't make a decision as he needed more time to go over our case. He is backlog and it will take him awhile. We brought family photos which he never asked for.

Timeline

Hi John,

I had my first interview on August 21 and this friday a letter for second interview. First interview went well, I didnt expect send interview but we dont know what went wrong. Your is on Oct 16 and mine is on OCT 18. Good luck!..................Post your sencond interview experince. it might help us.

Ok I will keep you posted!

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.