Dr. A ♥ O

Attack on US Embassy in Yemen

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

In Yemen protestors have breached the walls of the US Embassy in Yemen much like what happened in Cairo. They broke through the heavily fortified main gate and started a fire inside also burning the US flag and replacing it with the black flag. Yemen security forces have been battling them and attempting to protect and dispears the crowd.

Also in Cairo protests continue in a street battle through the night with a million man march called for by the MB on Friday in protest of the anti-muslim film. Protests have spread across the MENA region because of the Youtube video in Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sudan, Gaza, Yemen, Iraq and Iran. I feel like I'm forgetting some countries.

Demonstrators attacked the U.S. embassies in Yemen and Egypt on Thursday in protest at a film they consider blasphemous to Islam and American warships headed to Libya after the death of the U.S. ambassador there in related violence earlier in the week.

Read the rest of the developing story here: Link

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Protests have spread across the MENA region because of the Youtube video in Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sudan, Gaza, Yemen, Iraq and Iran. I feel like I'm forgetting some countries.

Israel, for one.

In Tel Aviv, around 60 Arab-Israeli protesters demonstrated outside the U.S. embassy, in a protest called by the Islamic Movement in Israel.

"We came to protest against the producers of this movie and the United States which allowed it to be made," protester Zahi Nijidat told AFP.

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/53436-protests-against-anti-islam-film-in-gaza-tel-aviv

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This whole thing is absolutely unnecessary and could've been prevented with simple use of common sense. Watching CNN last night, the journalist in Cairo says most of the protesters haven't even seen the film. My husband goes on to say 'and I'm sure their violent, stupid reaction is proving the film right. What did you accomplish after this? Nothing. 4 people are dead, countries are p'ed at e/ other and a murderer will be on trial in the US. And yes, you brought more attention to the film, possibly making the filmmakers rich.' I agree with him up until the [...] making the filmmakers rich part.

All this said, he opened his eyes to another reality and that is, Islamophobia. He knew that some people may believe in the teachings of Islam but do not want to associate themselves with the religion as not to be labeled (fill in the blank). After seeing the news and probably looking, let's say, from the outside in, he understands why the sentiment continues to spread. Although is an incredibly small minority of incredibly stupid radical fanatics giving the rest of the community a bad name, their actions are soooo loud and criminal that you just can't turn your head and ignore it.

Same with the Catholic church and the child abuse claims- you can't just ignore and stop listening.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

After seeing the pictures from Libya yesterday of the protest to protest the violence in Libya last night and the very apologetic Official from Libya saying the US Ambassador was our friend to Libya I have to wonder where are those same protesters in other MENA countries? Why are we not seeing protesters in Egypt protesting the violence at the US Embassies? I thought they were making a new Egypt, a clean Egypt, one with dignity and honor and free from dictators and violence and for a democratic society. Where is their solidarity with us and against their own people committing acts of violence in their own country and the MENA region? Where is the peaceful solidarity we saw in Tahrir square where Coptic Christians and Muslims were protecting each other from violence? Is it there and we're just not seeing the same pictures coming from the other countries or are these guys protesting the anti-Muslim film and committing these acts against the US Embassies really what the vast majority think? :(

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

After seeing the pictures from Libya yesterday of the protest to protest the violence in Libya last night and the very apologetic Official from Libya saying the US Ambassador was our friend to Libya I have to wonder where are those same protesters in other MENA countries? Why are we not seeing protesters in Egypt protesting the violence at the US Embassies? I thought they were making a new Egypt, a clean Egypt, one with dignity and honor and free from dictators and violence and for a democratic society. Where is their solidarity with us and against their own people committing acts of violence in their own country and the MENA region? Where is the peaceful solidarity we saw in Tahrir square where Coptic Christians and Muslims were protecting each other from violence? Is it there and we're just not seeing the same pictures coming from the other countries or are these guys protesting the anti-Muslim film and committing these acts against the US Embassies really what the vast majority think? :(

I thought I was alone on this. That's my exact thought. If the radical violent religious zealotry comes from a, let's say, 1% of the community (no pun intended) where's the 99%, (again no pun intended)? Granted, and I agree with your point, we're being fed with a portion of the truth. I bet there are folks mobilizing to condemn these acts, as they should.

That said, it's hard to do a peaceful demonstration in the middle of a riot.

my money's on the continued wanton slaughter of innocent civilians in yemen via drone strike (13 innocent human beings, just last week!) being, at the very least, a contributing factor, but i'm just guessing.

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

This whole thing is absolutely unnecessary and could've been prevented with simple use of common sense. Watching CNN last night, the journalist in Cairo says most of the protesters haven't even seen the film. My husband goes on to say 'and I'm sure their violent, stupid reaction is proving the film right. What did you accomplish after this? Nothing. 4 people are dead, countries are p'ed at e/ other and a murderer will be on trial in the US. And yes, you brought more attention to the film, possibly making the filmmakers rich.' I agree with him up until the [...] making the filmmakers rich part.

All this said, he opened his eyes to another reality and that is, Islamophobia. He knew that some people may believe in the teachings of Islam but do not want to associate themselves with the religion as not to be labeled (fill in the blank). After seeing the news and probably looking, let's say, from the outside in, he understands why the sentiment continues to spread. Although is an incredibly small minority of incredibly stupid radical fanatics giving the rest of the community a bad name, their actions are soooo loud and criminal that you just can't turn your head and ignore it.

Same with the Catholic church and the child abuse claims- you can't just ignore and stop listening.

It seems several Salafist groups in Egypt as well as in Libya are the ones calling for these protests, and may be egging on the violence. The Salafist al-Nour party organized the initial protest in Cairo - they're the same people who uploaded a video on YouTube on which the "Sam Bacile" account reportedly posted a "like."

Why would an anti-Islam Coptic Christian in the U.S. "like" a Salafist video ?

Officials say the attack on the consulate in Libya was pre-planned, and the attackers (also believed to be a Salafist group) took advantage of (possibly even incited) the mob to riot just before they launched their assault.

Who tipped them off about this video ? Was it "Sam Bacile" - and if so, why would he do that ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

It seems several Salafist groups in Egypt as well as in Libya are the ones calling for these protests, and may be egging on the violence. The Salafist al-Nour party organized the initial protest in Cairo - they're the same people who uploaded a video on YouTube on which the "Sam Bacile" account reportedly posted a "like."

Why would an anti-Islam Coptic Christian in the U.S. "like" a Salafist video ?

Officials say the attack on the consulate in Libya was pre-planned, and the attackers (also believed to be a Salafist group) took advantage of (possibly even incited) the mob to riot just before they launched their assault.

Who tipped them off about this video ? Was it "Sam Bacile" - and if so, why would he do that ?

Either the Sam Bacile account is fake just to stirr up controversy.... hence more violence OR, well, then let's go with the conspiracy theories of the Bacile/ Salafists shenanigans. In the era of digital technology and democratization of media, tipping off a video is as simple as a google search.

You Tube is more than a video archive, but a message holder. Drug cartels terrorize one another with videos uploaded with horrid graphic content. Yes, they shut the video down, but the 'damage is done.' Message sent. Granted, maybe most of these peers don't even own a computer, let alone have access to internet. So I can see how they would need more than just a search engine to find that video.

Bottom line, this is all so very tragic and really unnecessary. And what's worse, they're hiding behind the religion.

Timeline

Either the Sam Bacile account is fake just to stirr up controversy.... hence more violence OR, well, then let's go with the conspiracy theories of the Bacile/ Salafists shenanigans. In the era of digital technology and democratization of media, tipping off a video is as simple as a google search.

You Tube is more than a video archive, but a message holder. Drug cartels terrorize one another with videos uploaded with horrid graphic content. Yes, they shut the video down, but the 'damage is done.' Message sent. Granted, maybe most of these peers don't even own a computer, let alone have access to internet. So I can see how they would need more than just a search engine to find that video.

Bottom line, this is all so very tragic and really unnecessary. And what's worse, they're hiding behind the religion.

I don't know if there are any "shenanigans" going on between "Sam Bacile" and the Salafists, but the story as reported so far certainly prompts those questions.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lets burn the American flag because clearly the millions of Americans are responsible for this, we advocated it, we knew about it, and we promoted it. Down with the evil Americans.... sigh.

A few of them give Islam a bad name, and a few of us (alledgedly) give Americans a bad name. Lovely... the whole must hate me for one reason or the other. :bonk:

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

Lets burn the American flag because clearly the millions of Americans are responsible for this, we advocated it, we knew about it, and we promoted it. Down with the evil Americans.... sigh.

A few of them give Islam a bad name, and a few of us (alledgedly) give Americans a bad name. Lovely... the whole must hate me for one reason or the other. :bonk:

No one could've not said it better. No matter how you self-identify, there's always hatred attached...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.