Together0515

What should we do now?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everybody,

After we made an expedite request to NVC, we had a first email stating it was under review, an operator telling us they forwarded the request to the embassy and it was up to them, and now this email:

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General indicated they are willing to

expedite this petition when all of the required fees, forms and

documents are received. Therefore, please forward all forms and

documents to nvcinquiry@state.gov (please enter ATTN: Supervisor Sue in

the subject line of the email) or to the following address:

National Visa Center

ATTN: Supervisor Sue

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Upon receipt of the required forms and documents, we will review the

information and forward the file to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

General.

We have received no invoice to make any payment and no request for specific documents, I emailed my choice of agent last week and no response.

Does it mean that our request has been approved? What should we do now? I think it's said we have the choice and that we can email the forms and documents instead but Im not sure (that would be great though). Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is very confusing! I thought when an expedite is approved the case is automatically forwarded to the embassy.

Thank you,

Edited by Together0515

USCIS Stage: 7 Days

07/26/12 - I-130 package sent

07/30/12 - package received

08/01/12 - NOA1 received via email

08/08/12 - APPROVED - NOA2 received via email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

xx/xx/12 - Case has arrived at NVC

xx/xx/12 - Case number received

xx/xx/12 - AOS bill received via email

xx/xx/12 - AOS bill paid via portal & DS3032 accepted

xx/xx/12 - IV bill received and paid. AOS bill appears as PAID.

xx/xx/12 - DS230 and I864 packages

xx/xx/12 - I864 and DS230 sent to NVC

xx/xx/12 - AOS package accepted

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

11/26/12 - Interview Date Assigned

11/28/12 - INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED

xx/xx/12 - POE

Timeline

No response?

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

I am not very familiar with the expedite process, but from your timeline, it looks like they are expecting the AOS forms and fees - through the agent you appointed. It looks like the IV bill should be on the way to your agent.

Take a look at the flow chart here NVC flow chart You should be on the right side of the chart, based on your post.

Because you are acting through an agent, you may not receive the bill or notice of same. Check with the agent, or call NVC about the IV bill if you are at that point. I am not sure who will have information for you, but I might start there. Members that have gone this route, please correct me if necessary.

Edited to ask, did you email the 3032, or just information on your choice of agent? If you did not send the form, that could be the hold up.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I write about expedites @ NVC on occasion -

The primary thing to pay attention to -

is that each expedite intake is different, and each expedite process, what steps to do after told the expedite is approved, is different.

IMO, based on what you've received back, the IV unit wants NVC to collect the forms and fees first.. and

-- NVC has opened a pipe for you to EMAIL all scanned forms (scan to pdf please) and

-- you must pay at the portal.

Dissecting this further -

you need to get IN the pipe at NVC, they need to have their regular switch TURNED ON.

How to do that, from your side? Call, use a telephone, ask for AOS FEE BILL TO BE EMAILED to the Petitioner.

Once the AOS FEE BILL is IN the petitioner's email box, the switch is on, NVC is ready to accept documents...

For now, resend a DS-3032 via email to supervisor sue, using the method they listed for you.

If you stay on top of this, this week, you MIGHT get the invoicing started.

My best guess, is that it'll be two full weeks from today, if you start today, for the payment portal to wrap up on you sending fees in to there.

But that's just a piece of it. Basically, when you have a coversheet to download on a thing (AOS or IV), download that coversheet, make it the first page in a scanned pdf document set, and email all in to Supervisor Sue. Expect some lag inbetween each thing, but if you DRIVE, should be about 2 weeks. In the end, though, expect to show all original documents that you sent off via email, to the IV Unit on interview day.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks Darnell, for clarifying a bit. I have a question after reading your last. What is the agent for, if the petitioner wants the bill and to send all documents themselves?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

the designation of agent is that document FROM the beneficiary, appointing whomever (usually the petitioner) to act on his/her behalf for the IV/DS-230 stuff. And that's all it does. It's the DS-3032 - usually this is the first document that is sent off to NVC, when following LingChe's shortcuts in the wiki. USUALLY at the same time (also) the AOS FEE BILL magically shows up in the petitioner's email inbox.

For the petitioner to 'handle all' - the beneficiary must appoint the petitioner as the Agent - I hope that makes sense?

You've been here a bit - you remember seeing Christine's formula for NVC Intake ?

after reading yer question though - I am wondering about yer 'Petitioner' label.

Here, Petitioner = USCitizen, and Beneficiary = Foreign Spouse.

Finally, the IV Fee Bill is usually NOT Invoiced until the DS-3032 is added to the casefile.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I write about expedites @ NVC on occasion -

The primary thing to pay attention to -

is that each expedite intake is different, and each expedite process, what steps to do after told the expedite is approved, is different.

IMO, based on what you've received back, the IV unit wants NVC to collect the forms and fees first.. and

-- NVC has opened a pipe for you to EMAIL all scanned forms (scan to pdf please) and

-- you must pay at the portal.

Dissecting this further -

you need to get IN the pipe at NVC, they need to have their regular switch TURNED ON.

How to do that, from your side? Call, use a telephone, ask for AOS FEE BILL TO BE EMAILED to the Petitioner.

Once the AOS FEE BILL is IN the petitioner's email box, the switch is on, NVC is ready to accept documents...

For now, resend a DS-3032 via email to supervisor sue, using the method they listed for you.

If you stay on top of this, this week, you MIGHT get the invoicing started.

My best guess, is that it'll be two full weeks from today, if you start today, for the payment portal to wrap up on you sending fees in to there.

But that's just a piece of it. Basically, when you have a coversheet to download on a thing (AOS or IV), download that coversheet, make it the first page in a scanned pdf document set, and email all in to Supervisor Sue. Expect some lag inbetween each thing, but if you DRIVE, should be about 2 weeks. In the end, though, expect to show all original documents that you sent off via email, to the IV Unit on interview day.

Good Luck !

Darnell,Thank you so very much for your detailed and very helpful answer, I emailed yesterday my choice of agent and got this response:

We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and

Agent) form designating an address and agent. Instructions for paying

the immigrant visa application processing fee and all future

correspondence will be sent to the agent at the address selected on the

DS-3032.

For more information regarding the immigrant visa application fee or for

answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the following

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3904.html

I guess I will give them 24 hours and then I will call to ask for the AOS Bill to be sent...

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

Timeline

I am not very familiar with the expedite process, but from your timeline, it looks like they are expecting the AOS forms and fees - through the agent you appointed. It looks like the IV bill should be on the way to your agent.

Take a look at the flow chart here NVC flow chart You should be on the right side of the chart, based on your post.

Because you are acting through an agent, you may not receive the bill or notice of same. Check with the agent, or call NVC about the IV bill if you are at that point. I am not sure who will have information for you, but I might start there. Members that have gone this route, please correct me if necessary.

Edited to ask, did you email the 3032, or just information on your choice of agent? If you did not send the form, that could be the hold up.

Thank you for your response, the question now is whether they will email or mail the bills. We're praying we will get the invoices by email, It's much faster!

Edited to answer:I only emailed the information on my choice of agent (To Sue) as I saw on one of the guides on Visajourney. I did it yesterday and got a response today.

Edited by Together0515

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

Thank you for your response, the question now is whether they will email or mail the bills. We're praying we will get the invoices by email, It's much faster!

Edited to answer:I only emailed the information on my choice of agent (To Sue) as I saw on one of the guides on Visajourney. I did it yesterday and got a response today.

Happy to hear you got a response, and I am sorry I don't understand the process you are going through better. It seems to me that theoretically you could appoint anybody your agent (although your SO makes more sense). Good thing Darnell was around with some knowledge. :star:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Good news! My husband just got the AOS Bill :dance:

Darnell was right , thank you all :)

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

Timeline

yay - some movement !

so pay it at the portal :D

then

you need to get that coversheet downloaded to yer pc, and scan in all of the I-864 stuff (the form, signed, scanned without the instruction sheet) the tax info, the asset info (if using) , plus the same thing for any co-sponser.

All scanned to PDF. Sometimes it's hard to get the filesize down to something minimal, so tweak yer scanner settings - you do NOT need color scanning settings at all - black and white is acceptable here.

Get busy la :D

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Happy to hear you got a response, and I am sorry I don't understand the process you are going through better. It seems to me that theoretically you could appoint anybody your agent (although your SO makes more sense). Good thing Darnell was around with some knowledge. :star:

Uncle Darnell is some expert at expediting things.

Not THE Expert, just some expert ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.