adrika

We broke in the process ..

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We had two years of relationship before began the k1 visa process. Present year In April the request K1 was received , but one month after we broke up because I found out that he was unfaithful with the mother of his child. It was very painful.

But I must continue my life, what I want to know is.. What I can do to stop the process , I would later attempt a vidsa tourist to visit friends and family in USA, but I fear that if he did not send a letter to stop the process I may have problems. I can do?

Filed: Timeline

i'm so sorry...are you the mom? or are you talking about his exwife/exgf? if that's the case that your talking about his exs...what had to do w/his future w/u? i mean we all did something bad in the past. but everyone deserved a second change.

but if your talking about u(your the mom of his child)...do you have enough proof? that make you dump him?

anyhow chances of getting a tourist visa are depending in the requirements/qualification of getting US tourist visa...

goodluck!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

We had two years of relationship before began the k1 visa process. Present year In April the request K1 was received , but one month after we broke up because I found out that he was unfaithful with the mother of his child. It was very painful.

But I must continue my life, what I want to know is.. What I can do to stop the process , I would later attempt a vidsa tourist to visit friends and family in USA, but I fear that if he did not send a letter to stop the process I may have problems. I can do?

You need to write a letter of withdraw to USCIS before the petition is approved!!

Just include as much data as you can, e.g., receipt number, file number, names, dates of birth, citizenship, etc and follow-up with a phone call!

IF the petition was approved, you need to write this letter of withdraw to the embassy/consular of the beneficiary country (Peru). :thumbs:

Edited by WrightFamily

USCIS

05/29/2011: Married

08/12/2011: Sent I-130 packet.

08/15/2011: NOA1, Priority Date

02/22/2012: NOA2 - Approved

02/25/2012: NOA2 - Received hard copy in mail

NVC

03/06/2012: NVC received

03/07/2012: NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned

03/08/2012: DS3032 sent by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Re-send DS3032 by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Received (2)Email with DS-3032 Kit and AOS Bill instructions

03/14/2012: AOS bill appears as PAID

03/16/2012: Mailed AOS package (I-864)USPS EXPRESS

03/16/2012: DS-3032 Accepted Via Beneficiary Email (Took 8 DAYS from 1st Email)

03/20/2012: IV bill invoiced & paid $404.00

03/21/2012: IV bill Payment reflecting PAID / AOS checklist received

03/30/2012: IV package DS-230 sent via USPS Priority

04/02/2012: IV package Delivered @ 11:55 am w/signature

04/12/2012: Re-Sent DS-230 Part 1 W/Photocopy of receipt from Hong Kong Police Via USPS EXPRESS

04/13/2012: DS-230 Part 1 package Delivered to NVC ATTN:DR @11:52am

04/17/2012: CASE COMPLETE (41 Days @NVC)

04/22/2012: Request Expedite

04/24/2012: Expedite Approved!(2days)

04/25/2012: Case sent to U.S. Consulate General in HONG KONG

Medical / US Consulate / POE:

04/30/2012: U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong received

05/16/2012: Interview Scheduled May 22, 2012

05/22/2012: Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

05/26/2012: Visa in Hand (9 months 11 days from NOA1)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i'm so sorry...are you the mom? or are you talking about his exwife/exgf? if that's the case that your talking about his exs...what had to do w/his future w/u? i mean we all did something bad in the past. but everyone deserved a second change.

but if your talking about u(your the mom of his child)...do you have enough proof? that make you dump him?

anyhow chances of getting a tourist visa are depending in the requirements/qualification of getting US tourist visa...

goodluck!!!

The way I understood it she's not the mom, and he cheated on her with the EX who is the mom.

In any case, there are different perspectives on cheating. Some consider it forgivable and an issue to be worked past, and some don't (I would be in this latter boat btw, with the OP apparently). Thankfully we can avoid that debate because the OP was not asking for relationship advice, so I don't think it's our place to give it.

OP if you know your case number (the one that either starts with EAC or WAC), write a letter to the corresponding USCIS service center (Vermont= EAC #, California = WAC #) informing them that you're the beneficiary of that petition number which was filed on your behalf by XXX petitioner (your ex), and that you'd like it to be withdrawn.

I wouldn't entrust your ex to do this, because he may not be willing to go through with it for whatever reason (like say, hoping you'll eventually forgive and forget the cheating).

Worst case scenario, if you can't get through to USCIS or if they ignore your request, just hang tight and after it's approved the consulate is going to contact you to continue with the visa, just send them an official withdrawal (either letter or email or however the embassy likes) stating that you no longer wish to pursue that visa because you're no longer engaged to that person. Should be fine IMO.

Edited by Henry&Rebecca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Parts of the advice so far is inaccurate, if the OP was the beneficiary (as it sounds).

The U.S. petitioner must write to USCIS to cancel the petition.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.