TheWickerMan

Application on hold in GZ customs warehouse for four days!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We are informed that our package has been shipped on Aug 31, and we check DHL website that our application has stuck at GZ port for five business days. I called DHL customer service today to ask what is going on. The replied that since it is immigrant package, an "customs form" issued by GZ embassy is required in order to release our applications. And a DHL courier had informed gz consular about the arrival of the package. However, seems GZ consular hasn't done anything but just waiting. He suggested me to contact GZ consular to remind them about the "customs form".

I never heard of this, does anyone know what is going on?

And what should I do? Or just wait?

Feb 5, 2012 - Mailed I-129F to TX

Feb 7, 2012 - USCIS Received application

Feb 10, 2012 - NOA1 email/text

Feb 11, 2012 - Touched

Feb 13, 2012 - NOA1 hard copy

<--Waiting forever-->

Aug 17, 2012 - NOA2 (189 days!!)

Aug 27, 2012 - NVC Received the package

Aug 30, 2012 - NVC Shipped the package to the Guangzhou embassy

Sep 07, 2012 - Email GZ embassy for update of status. P3 has sent out!

Sep 10, 2012 - Hasn't receive physical P3, submit P3 to GZ embassy.

Sep 12, 2012 - Receive physical Packet3

Sep 27, 2012 - Received email from Guangzhou embassy stating they sent P4

Oct 29, 2012 - Interview! :D

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We are informed that our package has been shipped on Aug 31, and we check DHL website that our application has stuck at GZ port for five business days. I called DHL customer service today to ask what is going on. The replied that since it is immigrant package, an "customs form" issued by GZ embassy is required in order to release our applications. And a DHL courier had informed gz consular about the arrival of the package. However, seems GZ consular hasn't done anything but just waiting. He suggested me to contact GZ consular to remind them about the "customs form".

I never heard of this, does anyone know what is going on?

And what should I do? Or just wait?

Sounds eerily familiar. :wacko:

Take a look at this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/363825-nvc-to-guz-transit-time/

Darnell mentions the GUZ consulate's "optional" use of the electronic SAFEFILE, in lieu of the paper file. Thankfully, the GUZ consulate used the SAFEFILE for our paperwork. Our paper file cleared Chinese customs a week or two after our visa was approved. Read some prior threads to see if that is what you are also experiencing, and some work-arounds.

I hope that it gets resolved soon. Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you soooo much, it is really helpful. We will find out if our case is also using SAFEFILE process, then I can prepare for the next step regardless of the paper file physically arrived. yay... Feel much better.

Sounds eerily familiar. :wacko:

Take a look at this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/363825-nvc-to-guz-transit-time/

Darnell mentions the GUZ consulate's "optional" use of the electronic SAFEFILE, in lieu of the paper file. Thankfully, the GUZ consulate used the SAFEFILE for our paperwork. Our paper file cleared Chinese customs a week or two after our visa was approved. Read some prior threads to see if that is what you are also experiencing, and some work-arounds.

I hope that it gets resolved soon. Good luck.

Feb 11, 2012 - Touched

<--Waiting forever-->

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

A lot of additional information in my post as well, which you can find here. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/316042-chinese-customs/page__hl__guangzhou+document+delay

This event always causes a lot of confusion and frustration, at least it did for me.

My best advice is to call DOS a couple of times a week and wait to hear that the consulate has your approved petition, then follow the GUZ P3 shortcut.

Good luck!

Timeline

A lot of additional information in my post as well, which you can find here. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/316042-chinese-customs/page__hl__guangzhou+document+delay

This event always causes a lot of confusion and frustration, at least it did for me.

My best advice is to call DOS a couple of times a week and wait to hear that the consulate has your approved petition, then follow the GUZ P3 shortcut.

Good luck!

Operator has also been through the GUZ . His advice is great, and based on personal experience. :thumbs:

Operator: Xie xie for your help when we were running the GUZ gauntlet. :thumbs:

Timeline

Operator has also been through the GUZ . His advice is great, and based on personal experience. :thumbs:

Operator: Xie xie for your help when we were running the GUZ gauntlet. :thumbs:

Thank you guys. My fiancé told me our application has been scanned to the system. And a reply from GZ embassy said that they will issue packet 3 after receive the physical application.

However, I will proceed to submit my P3 anyways on next Wednesday. A&B, I saw your post, you mentioned that consular had "open" your casefile. Did u mean the elecrtonic file? Can I call DOS or email GZ consular to request using electronic file?

It is really discouraging, but good to have you guys help us out. Thank you all.

Feb 11, 2012 - Touched

<--Waiting forever-->

event.png

Timeline

Good Luck.

To OP: bigdog is another one of "The Usual Suspects" :lol: that has recently 'enjoyed' running the GUZ gauntlet, and gives good advice. :thumbs:

pushbrk and RyanH are also in that line-up. :thumbs:

Edited by A&B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for casefile status, must to call DoS Hotline (click the girls under my name, study left panel)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.