AWAY

WHAT HAPPENS AT AIRPORT?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so i am just a little curious as to what exactly happens at the American airport when my husband arrives. He will be coming in from montego bay so i know he wont have much hassle in Jamaica but once he gets to the airport here in america what is it that happens with that envelope? will he be taken to a separate room before goin through immigration nd customs?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

usually you go through immigration then customs. it should be the same here. he will go in the line, when he gets to immigration, they will instruct him on what to do. he will be taken to a separate room for them to process whats in his DO NOT OPEN ENVELOPE :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

Check out the poe ( point of entry) section. Filter to the reviews of his poe, the airport in the city where he'll be entering the US. Some poe are quick, especially those that don't get a lot of immigrants. The ones that do may have an immigration processing area that people are told to go to and wait their turn to be processed. Check here: http://www.visajourn.../poereviews.php

Edited by Marlon&Fallon

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree...check the POE entry link. My husband didnt have any issues. And he was not taken into a separate room. They took his envelope and said..."you got 90 days to get married - welcome to America". His POE was Chicago.

Timeline

Ok so i am just a little curious as to what exactly happens at the American airport when my husband arrives. He will be coming in from montego bay so i know he wont have much hassle in Jamaica but once he gets to the airport here in america what is it that happens with that envelope? will he be taken to a separate room before goin through immigration nd customs?

Depends on Airport where he POEs. I suggest avoiding Miami, I have problems at Miami. Losing luggage, long lines for customs, and I almost miss my flight everytime because I am in customs for about 3 hours.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Depends on Airport where he POEs. I suggest avoiding Miami, I have problems at Miami. Losing luggage, long lines for customs, and I almost miss my flight everytime because I am in customs for about 3 hours.

Ok thx to all who replied.....i checked the POE and havent seen any reviews for Orlando international from Jamaicans. but i suppose he wont have any issues though since from my experience that airport has rather curteous staff.

Because I have been at POE where the dogs sniffing have been able to pick up on residual on clothing, it doesn't mean they were guilty, but maybe the night before they hung out with friends.

You'll needs to get real, I didn't accuse anyone of anything, but I am giving you notice of what I have seen at many POE's.

At FLA, they don't even let you off of the plane before they send in the sniffing dogs. They have you line up and let the dogs sniff. If this is his first time flying, he needs to be aware of things that could possibly go wrong.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

agree! :thumbs:

Ladies if these guys have never flown before it would be in their best interest if you'll can give them all possible situations they may encounter. Now if you only wants to know how they should handle the envelope that is fine, but I can asure you that they will/can encounter multiple situtions,

Bring food in, some POE's will take anything that is not in a sealed package, others will let them thru

POE's where the dogs are sent out into the custom area and plane

POE's where they have to go to secondary for inspection

POE's where it's all laid back, but no one knows what may or can happen on any given day.

Those with forgein passports are handled a little different than those of us with US passport. I have been traveling back and forth to Jamaica for the last six years and I have seen some of everything.

Now if you wants to wear blinder than do so, but atleat I have given you some information of what I have seen and what my husband has encountered.

Now JamaicaCricket and Oneilbaby you tell me what information I have stated was insulting to you.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

I think the dog sniffing was a giving regardless of where you are flying from or to. I've flown back and forth to Jamaica 16 times. And thank the lord I cleaned out my pockets of angel dust from the night before. :)

I think the dog sniffing was a giving regardless of where you are flying from or to. I've flown back and forth to Jamaica 16 times. And thank the lord I cleaned out my pockets of angel dust from the night before. :)

Jamaicancricket you have flown before,he has NOT, so those who get hung up in the given what are they stupid. Because I have seen some who have been caught with residual. Never assume that everyone thinks the same.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.