maryandatif

221g....not for AR

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My Hubby had interview today.....and received a 221g stating that all info was being sent back stateside......is this just a CASABLANCA MOROCCO thing????or does anybody else have these on a fairly regular basis?

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

a 221g means you will not get a Visa unless you take steps to corect the problems. It is not a regular ocurance. What was the 221g for?

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline
a 221g means you will not get a Visa unless you take steps to corect the problems. It is not a regular ocurance. What was the 221g for?

They didn't typw it on the letter my husband sent me...he scanned it....and i haven't had a chance to talk ot him as of yet......waiting to talk to him in the morning....maybe i'll know more then

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think it is a VERY common thing for anyone going through the Middle Eastern/Asian countries. Look through the AP threads and you will see that 99% of us get this 221(g). My fiance was interviewed on February 14th and the lady at the window basically told him his visa was approved AFTER the 6 weeks of AP. Normally, the petition is sent back to Washington for the name check, however it depends on what was checked on the form. Too bad we are the only ones that have to experience this. :(

Edited by Aymerlu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

it's super common .. at least in Pakistan it is :clock:

don't worry.....Morocco seems to go faster :)

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The 221g Mary is talking about has a statement underneath the checked 221g section which says:

"We have returned your application and petition to the Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Service. Any further inquiries to your application and petition can be directed to their attention at the CIS office where the petition was originally filed."

This is not Administrative Processing...when Morocco gives a 221g for Administrative Processing, it says so underneath the checked 221g section. This 221g statement of the petition being returned to the United States is a soft denial. This happened to my K1 visa petition in January. It has happened to MANY of the K1/K3/CR1 visa petitions going through Morocco...the consulate does not tell us why either, they do not follow guidelines they are provided when returning petitions. Also...this seems to be the same consular officer in many of these cases. Comparing my 221g and Mary's 221g...it is the same officer signing the statement.

More and more this is how Casablanca is handling visa petitions...we are all shocked at what is going on at this consulate. They seem to be using this 221g to send back petitions more often than issuing a visa. And moreover this particular consular officer has done nothing but issue 221g for sending the petition back to the US if not refusing the visa altogether...it does not matter the mountain of proof of relationship is provided, I know of several other cases this woman has processed with the same result.

My case is a K1...it will be reviewed here in the US by BCIS and a final decision made and probably will be treated little different than Mary's case. I can only provide her with the documented guidelines and information to give her attorney to try and stop the petition from being sent back at the consulate level...which I have already done.

What Mary really needs to know is if there are other K3s going through this same issue of their petition being returned to the United States by other consulates (not just Morocco) from users on this web site...what happened to you, what you did to overcome this, what recourse was made available to you, etc. Any insight you can give her would be extremely helpful.

I'm praying for you Mary...insh'allah we will all get through this and be reunited with our loved ones.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline
The 221g Mary is talking about has a statement underneath the checked 221g section which says:

"We have returned your application and petition to the Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Service. Any further inquiries to your application and petition can be directed to their attention at the CIS office where the petition was originally filed."

This is not Administrative Processing...when Morocco gives a 221g for Administrative Processing, it says so underneath the checked 221g section. This 221g statement of the petition being returned to the United States is a soft denial. This happened to my K1 visa petition in January. It has happened to MANY of the K1/K3/CR1 visa petitions going through Morocco...the consulate does not tell us why either, they do not follow guidelines they are provided when returning petitions. Also...this seems to be the same consular officer in many of these cases. Comparing my 221g and Mary's 221g...it is the same officer signing the statement.

More and more this is how Casablanca is handling visa petitions...we are all shocked at what is going on at this consulate. They seem to be using this 221g to send back petitions more often than issuing a visa. And moreover this particular consular officer has done nothing but issue 221g for sending the petition back to the US if not refusing the visa altogether...it does not matter the mountain of proof of relationship is provided, I know of several other cases this woman has processed with the same result.

My case is a K1...it will be reviewed here in the US by BCIS and a final decision made and probably will be treated little different than Mary's case. I can only provide her with the documented guidelines and information to give her attorney to try and stop the petition from being sent back at the consulate level...which I have already done.

What Mary really needs to know is if there are other K3s going through this same issue of their petition being returned to the United States by other consulates (not just Morocco) from users on this web site...what happened to you, what you did to overcome this, what recourse was made available to you, etc. Any insight you can give her would be extremely helpful.

I'm praying for you Mary...insh'allah we will all get through this and be reunited with our loved ones.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Thanks Kiya!

I just got off of the phone with McCeever in Casa and he says it's for the validity of the relationship......I'n not sure what's going on :ranting: He also told me that there's nothing I can do at this level....that once it's been decided to be sent back that it's up to DHS/USCIS to contact me.

AOS/EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.