15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI,

My husband and I got married this year in may. we have been together for a year already, and now we are waiting for our interview:)

we are just a little bit worried because we don't have to many proves. we have the lease on both names( and our roommate) and the electric bill. pretty much, that's it. we have the same address on out IDs.

we tried to open a bank account together but we couldn't( we tried at 3 dif banks), because he has some problems with some student loans. so right now we have a bank account just on my name, but we are using it together. we dont have any insurance( health, dental, life)because we can not afford it.

also i have a prepaid, and he has a contract, but he is not paying for his phone( his job pays, that's why we dont have a family plan)

I can print all the text messages between the 2 of us, since we started dating( and we have soooooooo many).

and I have the cards that our parents sent to us for our wedding.

Should I be worried that we dont have enough proves?

I am thinking that they suppose to understand that we are newly weeds, and we dont have to many things on both names, but everything that they will ask, we can answer, because we know everything about each other.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How about affidavit from friends,family and co worker????

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

How it works with that affidavit? They just suppose to say that they know us and that we are together? It needs to be notarized?

We went in our honeymoon, i made the rezervation just on My name. I can print it( it says that is for 2 ppl, and that we checked in in our wedding day)

I can have 3 friends and his family help me with that affidavit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How it works with that affidavit? They just suppose to say that they know us and that we are together? It needs to be notarized?

We went in our honeymoon, i made the rezervation just on My name. I can print it( it says that is for 2 ppl, and that we checked in in our wedding day)

I can have 3 friends and his family help me with that affidavit.

try this link to give you idea http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/272967-affidavits-sworn-to-or-affirmed-by-third-parties/

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also read here about affidavits....Link here

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

May I ask what you are adjusting from? I a assuming K1, but would like clarification as you have no timeline data.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't understand why you will try worry and post this in this forum...

If you are in doubt, of what supporting documents you have.... why dont you do yourself a favor and hire an attorney. Thats the best case scenario in case the interview goes south.

When my wife and I came for our interview, I brought along a ton of documents. Pretty much a suitcase worth of documents. I didnt have to use a lawyer because I thought I had enough things.

Even the people that were alongside us was surprised how much docs we brought.

Emails, Cards, Photos, Vacation Receipts, Bank Statements (a few months)... anything...and everything.

During the interview, the office didn't even look at any of our documents. I'd rather submit more and not need it, than not having it when you need it.

What you need to do now is make a list of things that you will be brining as evidence and then list it and ask for suggestions or comments.

Do you have atleast2 years. US Federal and State Tax Return (Form 1040 and W2) or (Tax Transcripts)

Do you have joint membership acounts and credit card accounts.

Any joint utility bills (DWP and Gas Company)

Are you having a baby soon or have any kids?

I include copies of our baby registry. Or baby shower photos and invitation cards. This should have both you and your spouse's names (joined) or even documents for the Hospital Tour if you have one.

Cell phone statments?

Holiday cards cards, invitations and church certificates

Any ticket stubs from sports games and events

Any trip itineraries / vacations

Has anyone invited you both to a party? invitation cards are always great.

Plus.. u can have a sown affidavit by friends.

Edited by Dr Mirage

ROC Filing date : 10-20-2010

NOA date for I-751 : 10-21-2010

I-751 Biometrics Appt Date: 12-01-2010

I-751 Approval : 02-08-2011

Green Card Received Date : 02-15-2011

AOS Filing date : 06-12-2008

NOA date for I-485 : 06-19-2008

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date : 07-17-2008

Interview Date : 12-05-2008

Approval Date : 12-05-2008

Green Card Received Date : 12-17-2008

EAD Filed Date : 06-12-2008

EAD NOA Date : 06-29-2008

EAD Biometrics Appointment Date : 07-17-2008

EAD Approved Date : 08-18-2008

EAD Card Received : 08-29-2008

AP Filed Date : 07-31-2008

AP NOA Date : 08-04-2008

AP Approved Date : 09-16-2008

AP Date Received : 09-22-2008

K1 I-129F Sent : 08-22-2007

I-129F NOA1 : 10-03-2007

Touch (RFE Trick) : 02-01-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02-01-2008

Touch : 02-03-2008

NVC Received : 02-11-2008

NVC Left : 02-19-2008

Consulate Received : 02-25-2008

Interview Date : 04-22-2008

Visa Received : 04-26-2008

US Entry : 05-02-2008

Marriage : 05-16-2008

ok, so we were able to open a bank account together, finnaly!!! also I just added my husband on my credit card, and we bought new phones and right now we have a family plan.

we are still affraid that we might have some problems, because we might get the first statment from the bank and our phone bill afetr our interview( oct 10). In case if we get them before, is it fine if we have just one statment form the bank, and just one phone bill( not more)? we have a lease together, and the electric bill, photos, card from our families for our wedding, and we can print all the text messages between the 2 of us.

So. are we going to be fine just with one statment from the bank and just on phone bill??

Okay you need to gather as many documents as you can for FINANCIAL records. We took albums, cards, affidavits, letters and load of other stuff with us to the interview and the officer told us that affidavits doesn't prove anything. He said he can walk outside and get affidavits from anyone. He said the only thing that matters is financial stuff. He said no one trusts anyone else with money so if you have join banks, bills, insurances that shows that u guys trust each other so u r married. He said cards and pics can be faked too. So try to list both of ur names on ur utility bills,if you call them they can add another name on the account. Cal your cable /internet company and have both ur names on it. also, try to keep good amount of money in ur bank accounts. I am not saying to borrow money to put in ur account but try not to make any big purchases. You want to show that u guys trust each other enough to keep lots of money in joint account.

This is my opinion, I might be wrong though but this is what I was told by the officer:

Order of importance:

house deeds/loans

Bank statements

credit card statements

apartment leases

car titles

utility bills

vacation bookings, boarding passes, tickets

affidavits

pictures

letters

some ideas on what you can include:

401K plan from work (list him as benificery)

life insurance

health insurance

Letters which has both of ur names (bills etc)

any events u went to together

internet bill

electric bill

apartment lease/ house deed/loan

joint accounts

make copies of ur licenses, it will show the common address

Edited by gkaur3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

These are very good pointers.

The most important thing before the interview is to prepare and look over what you have. When the IO interviews you both, the IO will rather see that you have your documents all together.

Since you are doubting that you do not have enough evidence.. that worries me.

The list gkaur3 is a very good list of things.

Hope this helps.

Okay you need to gather as many documents as you can for FINANCIAL records. We took albums, cards, affidavits, letters and load of other stuff with us to the interview and the officer told us that affidavits doesn't prove anything. He said he can walk outside and get affidavits from anyone. He said the only thing that matters is financial stuff. He said no one trusts anyone else with money so if you have join banks, bills, insurances that shows that u guys trust each other so u r married. He said cards and pics can be faked too. So try to list both of ur names on ur utility bills,if you call them they can add another name on the account. Cal your cable /internet company and have both ur names on it. also, try to keep good amount of money in ur bank accounts. I am not saying to borrow money to put in ur account but try not to make any big purchases. You want to show that u guys trust each other enough to keep lots of money in joint account.

This is my opinion, I might be wrong though but this is what I was told by the officer:

Order of importance:

house deeds/loans

Bank statements

credit card statements

apartment leases

car titles

utility bills

vacation bookings, boarding passes, tickets

affidavits

pictures

letters

some ideas on what you can include:

401K plan from work (list him as benificery)

life insurance

health insurance

Letters which has both of ur names (bills etc)

any events u went to together

internet bill

electric bill

apartment lease/ house deed/loan

joint accounts

make copies of ur licenses, it will show the common address

ROC Filing date : 10-20-2010

NOA date for I-751 : 10-21-2010

I-751 Biometrics Appt Date: 12-01-2010

I-751 Approval : 02-08-2011

Green Card Received Date : 02-15-2011

AOS Filing date : 06-12-2008

NOA date for I-485 : 06-19-2008

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date : 07-17-2008

Interview Date : 12-05-2008

Approval Date : 12-05-2008

Green Card Received Date : 12-17-2008

EAD Filed Date : 06-12-2008

EAD NOA Date : 06-29-2008

EAD Biometrics Appointment Date : 07-17-2008

EAD Approved Date : 08-18-2008

EAD Card Received : 08-29-2008

AP Filed Date : 07-31-2008

AP NOA Date : 08-04-2008

AP Approved Date : 09-16-2008

AP Date Received : 09-22-2008

K1 I-129F Sent : 08-22-2007

I-129F NOA1 : 10-03-2007

Touch (RFE Trick) : 02-01-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02-01-2008

Touch : 02-03-2008

NVC Received : 02-11-2008

NVC Left : 02-19-2008

Consulate Received : 02-25-2008

Interview Date : 04-22-2008

Visa Received : 04-26-2008

US Entry : 05-02-2008

Marriage : 05-16-2008

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.