Asim A

What Do I Need to Bring From Pakistan?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just got married in Pakistan. I will have a Marriage Counselor assist me with the the I-130.

I was told to bring

1. 2 Passport size photos

2. Marriage Certificate

3. English Translation

My wife in PK is having trouble getting an English translation simply because I didn't have my ID when in PK. I can have one made in NYC correct?

The passport size photo is 7 months old. Is that fine?

I am new to the board and apologize for not researching this *yet.* I recently got married and wish I was better prepared. Then I ran into this great website!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

"Immigration Counselor" Not "Marriage Counselor"

Oops! I was about to file the K3 until i heard about the CR1 so I'll need to research on this more. I've been married for less then a year of course.

Check this out, good luck, also please create/update your timeline as your journey progresses.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

1. 2 Passport size photos

2. Marriage Certificate

3. English Translation

4. Proof of marrage, ex. Pictures, Letters, Documentation of phone calls and any other exchange.

Many people on this bord will advice you against a immigration lawyer or consultant. The process is setup so anyone with a high school diploma can complete it if they follow directions. Note the link in the above post and you will do fine its a long process so dont waste time it can take nearly a year from time of application to complete.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I completely agree with doing the process yourself. You are much more engaged and on top of things that way.

In addition to the requirements mentioned above, I also suggest you get the following for proof:

1. Pictures...lots of 'em, preferably over a long timeline to prove your relationship.

2. Wedding invites

3. Any important receipts (wedding ring, venues, photographer etc)

4. Proof of travel to Pakistan for your wedding (itinerary and boarding passes). If you traveled for honeymoon, include that proof as well.

5. I also recommend registering your marriage and bringing the proof with you. I provided this in addition to the marriage certificate.

Once you are in the US, keep excellent record of all communication (phone, email, texts, chat) and gifts/money exchanged.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

Timeline

Dude you don't need to get your marriage certificate translated, you need to fill out a form from your Union council give them one copy of your Urdu one. they will send it to Nadra and they will keep a record of your marriage certificate this way Embassy can easily pull your info with CRMS number it will have both english and Urdu translation. the more proofs you aggregate it will be easier for you to vindicate your relationship to CO at the day of interview just be well equipped Good luck.

Timeline

Dude you don't need to get your marriage certificate translated, you need to fill out a form from your Union council give them one copy of your Urdu one. they will send it to Nadra and they will keep a record of your marriage certificate this way Embassy can easily pull your info with CRMS number it will have both english and Urdu translation. the more proofs you aggregate it will be easier for you to vindicate your relationship to CO at the day of interview just be well equipped Good luck.

I believe the CRMS number is the number on the NADRA marriage registration certificate, correct? So does that mean that US Embassy in Islamabad can run a query on the NADRA database to confirm that the marriage is valid and officially registered. I see this number on our marriage certificate. So should I point this out to the visa counselor durig the interview process?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What does the below mean? Just curious?

"5. I also recommend registering your marriage and bringing the proof with you. I provided this in addition to the marriage certificate."

So along with the Marriage Certificate, what else did you bring? Sorry if it went over my head.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.