oogie

Medical Review of Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas (Toronto)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas

200 St. Claire Ave. W. Suite 101-W Toronto, ON M4V 1R1 416-960-1014

I booked my appointment a week in advance, they sounded flexible with the times and dates available.

The building is right on the north corner of St. Clair and the first street west of Avenue Road. Easy to get to, just one block west from St. Clair TTC station. There is a parking lot right out front for $10 cash also.

The office is suite 101W, which is at the very end, through a corridor and another set of doors. Receptionist asked for P4 letter, passport, vaccination record and 2 photos. I only had a print out of my P4 letter from an email, but the receptionist wanted the mailed letter which has a barcode. I said this is the only letter I had and she accepted it eventually after I showed her that it does have the case number printed inside.

After copying my documents, she gave them back to me and kept the photos. Then I waited for 20min, after which the receptionist gave me two forms for blood work and X-rays, which are done in labs suite 100 and 114.

Blood work asks you to take a number, and after a few minutes I was called into a little booth. Nurse took one vial of blood, and that was it.

At the X-ray lab, I waited a few minutes, then I was called in to change into a short paper gown just for the waist up, and the X-ray took just a minute. Then I changed back and went back to the doctor office to wait.

The doctor check up was very straight forward. He asked me a bunch of basic questions (e.g. height/weight in metric, history of heart/kidney problems, mental problems, etc.) and checks them off on a form. I don't have any medical problems, so that went quick. I also had gone to my family doctor the week before and got all the vaccinations I needed, and the doctor said that was very helpful. He took my blood pressure, and that was it. I paid him the $300 in cash, he wrote me a receipt. He told me they will call me when the results are ready.

I got there 15 minutes late for my scheduled appointment, but still finished in less than an hour.

Timeline

I hope this medical you have done will be sufficient for immigration purposes. It is not listed in the approved panel physicians noted in the following document obtained from the travel.state.gov website (http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-MED-ENGL-0011-1207.pdf) This is document is most current as provided here. Best of luck. It will be interesting to read how that turns out.

Cheers

K-1 Petition
Jan 11, 2012 - I-129F Sent (USPS Priority)
September 10,2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

November 10, 2012 - OUR WEDDING DAY

AoS/EAD/AP
Jan 22, 2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent (USPS Priority)
April 9, 2013 - AoS Interview - Seattle - APPROVED!

ROC

Mar 04, 2015 - I-751 Sent (USPS Priority)

Apr 04,2015 - Biometrics Appointment

July 20, 2015 - RFE!

Sept 15, 2015 - Response to RFE Sent

Sept 29, 2015 - APPROVED!

Follow my Journey About Me or Timeline

I hope this medical you have done will be sufficient for immigration purposes. It is not listed in the approved panel physicians noted in the following document obtained from the travel.state.gov website (http://travel.state....L-0011-1207.pdf) This is document is most current as provided here. Best of luck. It will be interesting to read how that turns out.

Cheers

If you go to that document you linked, it actually is listed. It must have been updated very recently as it used to be only Dr Seidens in Toronto...

I was about to make the same comment as you (about it not being an approved panel physician), but apparently it is now...

Timeline

lol.. DERP! I guess I missed that one. Thanks for the heads up. Good to know there are now two Toronto options! It is now even more convenient for those in Toronto to get their medical done! HUZZAH!

K-1 Petition
Jan 11, 2012 - I-129F Sent (USPS Priority)
September 10,2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

November 10, 2012 - OUR WEDDING DAY

AoS/EAD/AP
Jan 22, 2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent (USPS Priority)
April 9, 2013 - AoS Interview - Seattle - APPROVED!

ROC

Mar 04, 2015 - I-751 Sent (USPS Priority)

Apr 04,2015 - Biometrics Appointment

July 20, 2015 - RFE!

Sept 15, 2015 - Response to RFE Sent

Sept 29, 2015 - APPROVED!

Follow my Journey About Me or Timeline

lol.. DERP! I guess I missed that one. Thanks for the heads up. Good to know there are now two Toronto options! It is now even more convenient for those in Toronto to get their medical done! HUZZAH!

No problem ;)

And yeah, definitely good news for those in Toronto. Hopefully more panel physicians will be added, both in central Canada as well as the eastern provinces, so those people living in those areas don't have to travel so far to get a medical done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No problem ;)

And yeah, definitely good news for those in Toronto. Hopefully more panel physicians will be added, both in central Canada as well as the eastern provinces, so those people living in those areas don't have to travel so far to get a medical done.

Amen! Traveling to Toronto one weekend and two weeks later traveling to Montreal stinks! Of course gas prices just went up too. Oh well, he's worth it. :hehe:

Married 10-27-2011

I-130 Sent : 11-12-2011

I-130 NOA1 : 11-22-2011

I-130 Approved : 5-25-2012

NVC Received : 6-19-2012

Received NVC Case # : 6-22-2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 7-9-2012

Pay I-864 Bill 7-9-2012

Receive I-864 Package : 7-10-2012

Return Completed I-864 :7-10-2012

Receive IV Bill : 7-17-2012

Pay IV Bill : 7-18-2012

Emailed DS-260: 7-22-2012

RFE: 7-30-2012

Sent RFE docs: 7-31-2012

Case Complete 8-7-2012

Interview Date: 9-24-2012

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!! YEA!!

POE:9/29/2012

as1cJWP0g410500MDAwMTQwOGx8MDAwOT dzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGdvdCBtYXJyaWVk.gif

event.png [/url][/img]

event.png

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Timeline

Thanks for the info , although i would not recommend to go to that clinic , The receptionist or whoever she is ..It was really a pain calling to that place

she is so rude and doesnt even speak a good english .. Anyway, im just going there because is the closest place to London.

Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas

I booked my appointment a week in advance, they sounded flexible with the times and dates available.

The building is right on the north corner of St. Clair and the first street west of Avenue Road. Easy to get to, just one block west from St. Clair TTC station. There is a parking lot right out front for $10 cash also.

The office is suite 101W, which is at the very end, through a corridor and another set of doors. Receptionist asked for P4 letter, passport, vaccination record and 2 photos. I only had a print out of my P4 letter from an email, but the receptionist wanted the mailed letter which has a barcode. I said this is the only letter I had and she accepted it eventually after I showed her that it does have the case number printed inside.
After copying my documents, she gave them back to me and kept the photos. Then I waited for 20min, after which the receptionist gave me two forms for blood work and X-rays, which are done in labs suite 100 and 114.

Blood work asks you to take a number, and after a few minutes I was called into a little booth. Nurse took one vial of blood, and that was it.

At the X-ray lab, I waited a few minutes, then I was called in to change into a short paper gown just for the waist up, and the X-ray took just a minute. Then I changed back and went back to the doctor office to wait.

The doctor check up was very straight forward. He asked me a bunch of basic questions (e.g. height/weight in metric, history of heart/kidney problems, mental problems, etc.) and checks them off on a form. I don't have any medical problems, so that went quick. I also had gone to my family doctor the week before and got all the vaccinations I needed, and the doctor said that was very helpful. He took my blood pressure, and that was it. I paid him the $300 in cash, he wrote me a receipt. He told me they will call me when the results are ready.

I got there 15 minutes late for my scheduled appointment, but still finished in less than an hour.

Timeline

I didn't find her rude, just overly busy...the phone rang non stop while I was there for my medical on Tuesday, but at least she answered her phone, unlike the receptionist for Dr Zatsman who not only never answered but did not return 4 voicemails. She does have an accent, but her English itself is fine.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I really liked Dr. Seiden's office. They were a well oiled machine, and as long as you're there early, you won't be there for very long.

Now if only they could open up the consulate in Toronto for interviews.. that would have been convenient.

Edited by Gervl

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline
Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas

I had my appointment in April 2015 which i booked via email and I got twice their confirmation regarding the appointment. They sounded really flexible and co-operative with the times and dates available.

The building is right on the north corner of St. Clair and the first street west of Avenue Road. Easy to get to, just one block west from St. Clair TTC subway station. There is a parking lot right out front for $10 cash also.

The office is suite 101 W, which is at the very end, through a corridor and another set of doors. There were couple other people who also came for immigration medical exam. Even the Receptionist was doing multiple tasks like working through computers, dealing with clients and making phone calls, still she had positive attitude towards everybody and she was guiding them how to fill forms and going through all the requirements for the medical exam.
After receiving filled forms and she copied the required documents, I did not wait even couple minutes she took me to the exam room where doctor came after minute. Doctor was such a amazing person he made me so comfortable and asked me and checked all required and basic question regarding body and health and gave me two forms for blood work and X-rays, which were done downstairs and on the corner shop.
I was so much worried because people posted so many different kind of reviews regarding Panel Physicians till i went through the entire process.
I will fully recommend Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas and his staff for any medical exam. Their service was complete professional and great customer service. Even their website contain all the information we need for medical exam.
I congratulate whole staff being so helpful and doing wonderful service to the community.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.