Meng_meng

ANYTHING I MISS DOING?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

-Visa Claimed

-Passport stamped by PDOS-CFO

-Ticket booked by my fiance, flying through Delta from MNL to Minnesota tomorrow

-Fiance's CC and passport scanned and printed

- I am just little concern. Friends, VJ'ers, is there anything else I miss completing or doing?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your baggage?

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Don't forget to bring Pesos, you have to pay some fee at the airport.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

-Visa Claimed

-Ticket booked by my fiance, flying through Delta from MNL to Minnesota tomorrow

- I am just little concern. Friends, VJ'ers, is there anything else I miss completing or doing?

- don't forget to print Itinerary and keep record of emergency numbers to call.

- if using Phone network from Phil..make sure roaming really works to be able to call

-Don't forget to keep dollar bill and quarters

QUARTERS ??? - i guess some will wonder why. I one have had a very very worst nightmare as I when I first flew here in the US. In my case I didn't have quarters, just dollar bills - and when I was in LAX for my connecting flight to Texas, my flight got cancelled and workers at LAX just have an I don't care attitude. Despite me telling them my phone didn't work and I want to call my fiance to tell him what happened - the american airlines staff told me their phone doesn't work to make outside call. I roam around the airport and saw a money exchange - but they wont allow me to change a dollar bill to quarter. I beg and told the lady to atleast have the heart to change even just 2 dollars for me to call - well, she was kindda irritated and i see it on her face - she was forced to change a dollar to only to 4 quarters - i said thank you - atleast I can call. ) I called my fiance but it was just a short call - he wants to talk to the american airline staff because they didn't really gave me instruction - not even a word on where to rebook a next available flight.. thanks goodness there was one passenger who offered me help. he told me to just follow him coz he will rebook his flight too. but unluckily, he was able to rebook a flight midnight and mine was 8 am next day. but before leaving he made sure that i have my ticket for the plane, for the shuttle and hotel. that was when he left. The american airlines staff told me to claim my luggage, I told them why should I do that, can't they just transfer it to my next day flight? they told me no..I was really close to claiming it but something told m to verify at the baggage section. Thanks goodness somebody was there and told me I don't have to do that and they will just transfer it to my next day flight. I walked outside the the terminal not sure where the shuttle is..i was very afraid but was telling myself all i have to do is ask the right person. I saw an officer an asked where to catch the shuttle...he guided me to where the shuttle was to the double tree hotel ) I used the hotel room to call my fiance..he was worried and so was my family )I made sure I will be at the airport early next day so i told my fiance to call me 3 hours before my scheduled flight...but I wasn't able to slept the whole night ) next day went well..i reached DFW safe with no delays )

-Thick jacket and thick socks - its kindda cold traveling fro Phil to the US for a long time

-make sure if you bring perfumes with you to check the allowed proportion of personal items.

-book to ease away your boredom in the long flight

Have a safe travel!

Timeline

If your finacee booked your flight it should be included, but make sure the visa fee is paid along with the ticket.

I think it's 1620 pesos. Safe travels.

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Timeline

- don't forget to print Itinerary and keep record of emergency numbers to call.

- if using Phone network from Phil..make sure roaming really works to be able to call

-Don't forget to keep dollar bill and quarters

QUARTERS ??? - i guess some will wonder why. I one have had a very very worst nightmare as I when I first flew here in the US. In my case I didn't have quarters, just dollar bills - and when I was in LAX for my connecting flight to Texas, my flight got cancelled and workers at LAX just have an I don't care attitude. Despite me telling them my phone didn't work and I want to call my fiance to tell him what happened - the american airlines staff told me their phone doesn't work to make outside call. I roam around the airport and saw a money exchange - but they wont allow me to change a dollar bill to quarter. I beg and told the lady to atleast have the heart to change even just 2 dollars for me to call - well, she was kindda irritated and i see it on her face - she was forced to change a dollar to only to 4 quarters - i said thank you - atleast I can call. ) I called my fiance but it was just a short call - he wants to talk to the american airline staff because they didn't really gave me instruction - not even a word on where to rebook a next available flight.. thanks goodness there was one passenger who offered me help. he told me to just follow him coz he will rebook his flight too. but unluckily, he was able to rebook a flight midnight and mine was 8 am next day. but before leaving he made sure that i have my ticket for the plane, for the shuttle and hotel. that was when he left. The american airlines staff told me to claim my luggage, I told them why should I do that, can't they just transfer it to my next day flight? they told me no..I was really close to claiming it but something told m to verify at the baggage section. Thanks goodness somebody was there and told me I don't have to do that and they will just transfer it to my next day flight. I walked outside the the terminal not sure where the shuttle is..i was very afraid but was telling myself all i have to do is ask the right person. I saw an officer an asked where to catch the shuttle...he guided me to where the shuttle was to the double tree hotel ) I used the hotel room to call my fiance..he was worried and so was my family )I made sure I will be at the airport early next day so i told my fiance to call me 3 hours before my scheduled flight...but I wasn't able to slept the whole night ) next day went well..i reached DFW safe with no delays )

-Thick jacket and thick socks - its kindda cold traveling fro Phil to the US for a long time

-make sure if you bring perfumes with you to check the allowed proportion of personal items.

-book to ease away your boredom in the long flight

Have a safe travel!

Thanks for this informative advice.. My flight's schedule will be next week.. I hope my POE will go smoothly..

Timeline

1 other thing, when Ema comes I will buy a domestic calling card and give her all the numbers and info off the card instead of sending it. May be a little easier than paying for a call, there is also always calling collect. Bring all documents in her carry on, never trust check baggage for valuables or important items.

Edited by Rob&Ema

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks everyone, thank you so much adiian, Rob&Ema, Kathy and Jesse and most specially you, Dean_De for the very detailed response. I will try and find quarters downstairs. I am thinking of bringing my Pinoy phone and subscribe to roaming services. I may not be able to call but will be able to text my lovey. Though, i will try and go downstairs to have quarters.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

-Visa Claimed

We just got back from Minnesota, rode in rain from Albert Lea to Sioux Falls.... oh 'nother topic. :)

Being your fiance booked the flight its very likely your departure "tax" was not included, make sure you have Php 1620, the counter for paying the fee is near the front entrance inside the terminal, between the entrance doors. And yes you will also need Php 550 for the terminal fee.

Enjoy your trip. :thumbs:

Oh ya, bring warm clothes! Its the end of summer in Minnesota! Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

also, if you got her the tix - check with delta if they would need a copy of the cc or if you would ahve to go to a delta office about that. be at the airport at least 3 hours before the flight and if its possible, check in online. :)

and enjoy every part of the trip. bring books if she likes to read. :)

safe travels!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

1 other thing, when Ema comes I will buy a domestic calling card and give her all the numbers and info off the card instead of sending it. May be a little easier than paying for a call, there is also always calling collect. Bring all documents in her carry on, never trust check baggage for valuables or important items.

Awesome idea.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

-Visa Claimed

Maybe a bunch of flowers to welcome her here to minnesota, I'm very happy for you.

P.S. make sure she has a little U.S. dollars for food in transit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.