Fatty

Kids don't have Hepatitis B - can't get it in time...

20 posts in this topic

It seems kids aren't vaccinated against Hepatitis B under the NHS. We just got their vaccination records, and found out they don't have the vaccination. Our doctors tell us it will take at least 7 months for them to get the full set of 3 jags. We don't have 7 months! We're DCF and need the visas before the middle of Feb.

We tried phoning Kightbridge, I don't even know if that's the right place, is it? We tried phoning and they said they're closed. Meanwhile I'm freaking out now that we won't be able to get their visas in time.

Does anyone know what they do in this situation? Would they accept them just having one of the series of vaccinations for example?

July 30th - sent off I-130s

August 7th - I-130s filed with USCIS and we receive our notification postcard a few days later

Nov 5th - sent in the DS-2001 part 1 and the DS 2001

Nov 6th - received our packet 3 stuff, which I took as I-130 approvals

Nov 13th - received packet 4 - interview scheduled for Dec 14th

Nov 20th - had medicals

Nov 24-ish - received our actual I-130 approvals, I have no idea why they took so long to arrive!

Dec 14th - interviews - approved!

Dec 16th - visas delivered

Jan 13th - leaving party :( I will miss so many people!

Jan 19th - our travel date

Feb 20th - our baby's due date

Filed: Timeline
It seems kids aren't vaccinated against Hepatitis B under the NHS. We just got their vaccination records, and found out they don't have the vaccination. Our doctors tell us it will take at least 7 months for them to get the full set of 3 jags. We don't have 7 months! We're DCF and need the visas before the middle of Feb.

We tried phoning Kightbridge, I don't even know if that's the right place, is it? We tried phoning and they said they're closed. Meanwhile I'm freaking out now that we won't be able to get their visas in time.

Does anyone know what they do in this situation? Would they accept them just having one of the series of vaccinations for example?

not sure....

from the embassy site:

If you are not fully vaccinated or you have no documentation of your vaccination record, you will be required to have the necessary vaccinations before the immigrant visa can be issued to you. The vaccinations may be performed by your own GP, or a medical facility authorized to administer vaccines. The vaccinations may also be performed by the Embassy's physician on the day of your medical examination if you so wish.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/vaccfees.html

Edited by devilette

Thanks. I saw that too. It seems you can get a Hep B vaccine at the time of the medical for £35. I wonder why though our doctor is so insistant that you can't be vaccinated against Hep B in a single vaccine, and that it takes 3, over the course of 7 months.

Just another bump in the road I guess. We'll call again in the morning and hopefully will get some answers.

July 30th - sent off I-130s

August 7th - I-130s filed with USCIS and we receive our notification postcard a few days later

Nov 5th - sent in the DS-2001 part 1 and the DS 2001

Nov 6th - received our packet 3 stuff, which I took as I-130 approvals

Nov 13th - received packet 4 - interview scheduled for Dec 14th

Nov 20th - had medicals

Nov 24-ish - received our actual I-130 approvals, I have no idea why they took so long to arrive!

Dec 14th - interviews - approved!

Dec 16th - visas delivered

Jan 13th - leaving party :( I will miss so many people!

Jan 19th - our travel date

Feb 20th - our baby's due date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We filed for a K-1 not a DCF but... the kids didn't have their HEP B completed either. We got 1 and then finished the rest once they arrived in the U.S. I would think it would work the same for DCF as well.

05/25/05 Mailed I-129F to TSC

06/08/05 CSC Recv's I-129F per USCIS website (Day14)

06/13/05 Recvd' NOA1 from CSC (Day19)

06/22/05 Petition Approved, NOA2 by email! (Day28)

06/25/05 Peter posts Police Cert Request (Day 31)

06/27/05 Recv'd NOA2 snail mail (Day 33)

06/30/05 NVC Recv'd Petition from CSC (Day 36)

07/06/05 NVC Forwards petition to London (Day 42)

07/09/05 Snail mail from NVC stating they recv'd petition/being forwarded to London (Day 45)

07/15/05 Peter recv's Police Report (Day 51)

07/18/05 Peter recv's packet 3 and schedules medical (Day 54)

07/25/05 Mail Packet 3!!! (Day 61)

08/04/05 Medical in Endinburgh (Day 71)

08/06/05 Received Packet 4 (Day 73)

08/10/05 Received medical in post (Day 77)

08/15/05 INTERVIEW IN LONDON APPROVED!!!!! (DAY 82)

11/08/05 He's Home

11/18/05 Wedding Day

D.O.R.A. Time Line

01/05/06 AOS Appointment

02/10/06 Bio metrics letter #1

02/14/06 Boimetrics letter #2

07/03/06 Email Update - Welcome letter is on it's way (5 months and 29 days)

07/05/06 Email Update - GC is ordered and on its way

07/10/06 Email Update - Case was aproved on July 10

07/11/06 2 Greencards arrived in post!!!

02/07/07 Final Greencard arrives...England here we come!

Filed: Timeline

Sian scheduled Jordan's HepB jabs after receiving Packet 3. 3 jabs over 3 months. He should be getting his last one right before they come over, I believe.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

We filed for a K-1 not a DCF but... the kids didn't have their HEP B completed either. We got 1 and then finished the rest once they arrived in the U.S. I would think it would work the same for DCF as well.

There are some big differences between K-1 and DCF. The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa--that's why you don't have to have all vaccinations completed for the K-1. You do have to have them completed for AOS. The DCF will result in an immigrant visa and immediate LPR status in the US--there will not be a subsequent AOS--all required vaccinations must be completed up front.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Sian scheduled Jordan's HepB jabs after receiving Packet 3. 3 jabs over 3 months. He should be getting his last one right before they come over, I believe.

Aye, I scheduled the hep B jabs so that my son had the first one just after we had the medical (we are applying for a K-1). The doctors only require evidence of the first one. Once he had it done I faxed them the proof (they gave me the form to fax and everything).

Hep B jabs are a set of three jabs and then an antibody test. The jabs must be a month apart and then you have a blood test. My doctors' charged me £30 for the lot to get them done. The prescription itself (for the injections) is free (for kids).

Whoever told you it would take 7 months is, to be frank, talking out of their backside (unless he/she is including the antibody test too...even then it is an exageration). I work for the NHS and we all have to be vaccinated against Hep B as standard. These jabs only take 3 months to complete the course.

I reckon the Knightsbridge Docs are charging you £35 for one jab only, just enough to get that little tick on your vaccination form.

My advice? Make an appointment with your practice nurse, she'll sort out all the jabs you need and be able to sort out the Hep B too. Good luck and really don't panic. :)

Edited by mags

What are all the vaccinations that they require you to have before your interview! Curious!? Man o Man I love shots!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Timeline
What are all the vaccinations that they require you to have before your interview! Curious!? Man o Man I love shots!

It can vary depending on age. When you get packet 3 through it will have a chart on the back of the part about the medical. I'd wait and see what it says and what is applicable to you.

Personally? I had tetanus, polio, measles, mumps and rubella etc etc. The usual suspects. Varicella can only be done in the USA.

Here are the vaccination requirements from the Embassy website:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

My son and I had the Hep B before we left the UK at the Doctor's office and it did consist of more than threejab. I can't remember the exact details, but I seem to remember something about them having to be 6 months apart.

Just found this in case it helps at hepinfo.org:

"Usually, the injections are given over a period of six months, with the first injection in month 1, the second injection in month 3 and the third injection (if there is one) in month 6. Some vaccination courses involve three injections over a shorter period of time.

You need to have all three injections to make sure you are fully protected. If you are late for a follow-up injection, you won’t have to start the course from scratch but it is worth remembering that you won’t get full protection from hepatitis B until you get your final shot."

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

It can vary depending on age. When you get packet 3 through it will have a chart on the back of the part about the medical. I'd wait and see what it says and what is applicable to you.

Personally? I had tetanus, polio, measles, mumps and rubella etc etc. The usual suspects. Varicella can only be done in the USA.

Hey! Thanks!

Right after I posted this Chris read to me what was on the back chart in packet 3!!

:star: Oh well...thanks anyway!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Timeline
Just found this in case it helps at hepinfo.org:

"Usually, the injections are given over a period of six months, with the first injection in month 1, the second injection in month 3 and the third injection (if there is one) in month 6. Some vaccination courses involve three injections over a shorter period of time.

You will find that nowhere does them over 6 months anymore. One a month for three months. Fini. :)

Edited by mags

Timeline
Thanks. I saw that too. It seems you can get a Hep B vaccine at the time of the medical for £35. I wonder why though our doctor is so insistant that you can't be vaccinated against Hep B in a single vaccine, and that it takes 3, over the course of 7 months.

heya,

Sorry your Immigrant Visa question got muddied with K-1 requirements, which are completely different from yours.

The Hep vax *does* have to come in three courses, over a period of time; there is no single shot solution.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Fatty,

So glad you posted this! I hadn't gotten to this yet. Called NHS and they said only the travel unit can do this, so they're having me call Monklands.

01236 748 748

Dr. Todd

I just left a message. Will write more when I know.

Michele

Wait a minute. Before I make appts for the kids.....

When do my kids need these? I'm the mom (American), my kids have dual nationality (US and UK passports now)......

can I wait to get the shots in the states? Do they just need them prior to starting school?

Michele

Timeline

Michele,

If the kids are USCs, they are not immigrating and do not need vax for the move.

The US school they'll attend probably has some requirements; make sure the vax records are up to date and if the shots are less expensive where you are now, well.... :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.