6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi beautiful members of VJ.

We just received a package from USCIS a week after we sent our package. Inside it was our forms we filled, all 3 Personal money orders for the fees, 1 $1000.00 (because we were told thats the limit for each personal money order), 1 $70 ( to complete that $1070 fee for form i485), and 1 $420 for the I130 from.

Also in the Package we show 3 Form I-797C, Notice of Action, 2 written to Beneficiary and 1 to Petitioner.

The first one is attached in the following order: form i-797c, I-485, a green letter stating in the first paragraph: "Dear Applicant, We are sorry to inform you that we have rejected your application for the reasons indicated on the I-797 Reject Notice" , G-325A signed by beneficiary, Copy of I94, and copy of passport.

the second one attached to form I-130, G-325A signed by Petitioner and petitioner's Birth Certificate. And the third one, attached to form I765.

But all 2 i-797c Notice of Action written to Beneficiary stated same thing i.e " The Principal application could not be accepted for the reason(s) specified on the related Notice of Action (form i-797). Therefore the processing of all riding applications cannot continue".

And the only and 3rd Notice of Action (form i797c) Stated that i signed the wrong spot on the i130, as the only reason. This was because i signed on the "signature of person preparing" instead of signature of petitioner (i130 Section F instead of E). :(

My Question is:-

-Is it normal that USCIS returned a whole application Package because of a Signature made on the wrong spot?

-Why They sent 3 Notice of Action when there is just one reason? and its on only one of them (i797). Unless there is more that we didn't know about?

- And is our personal money Orders correct as listed above?

Please Urgent advice is needed.

All the forms are riding on the I-130, which forms the basis for your spouse's eligibility for AOS. If the I-130 is rejected, nothing else can be processed either. That's why they sent everything back to you. Signing on the wrong line is definitely a legitimate reason for rejecting the form - and therefore, rejecting the entire package with the I-130.

Re-print the I-130, sign on the right line, and send everything back to them.

My additional question is though, did you ONLY send those forms and documents you listed in your post above - i.e. one G-325 for beneficiary and one for petitioner, I-94 copy, passport copy, petitioners birth certificate..? Your package should contain quite a lot more for it to be complete.. Just double checking.

Edited by Little_My

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Timeline

Oh ok. no we sent everything else stated in the both the VJ and uscis.gov instructions.

My other question is though. This printed some gray long numbering on the sides of most of the forms, who i still send back same forms, or repring everything?

Timeline

Oh ok. no we sent everything else stated in the both the VJ and uscis.gov instructions.

My other question is though. USCIS printed some gray long numbering on the sides of most of the forms, do i still send back same forms, or repring everything?

You can sign and send the same form back with the printed stuff on the side.

Are you also missing a copy of the I-94 and the other items mentioned?

Your money orders are fine.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

You can sign and send the same form back with the printed stuff on the side.

Are you also missing a copy of the I-94 and the other items mentioned?

Your money orders are fine.

Yes i did re-arrange everything and ready to go to the usps. Hopefully nothing goes wrong again.

Question:- Will change in my current annual income on form i864 cause a problem? , since they printed stuff on the side does it mean they had the previous annual income in their system? I made some changes in my current annual income because after my first schedule i realised i'm given full-time job instead of part-time, so meaning my annual income goes higher than what i stated in the first package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.