bedo

IR1 and IR2 Immigrant Visa

7 posts in this topic

Hello every body,

I have two cases with the national visa center one case for my wife (IR1) and the other case for my son (3 years old IR2), my wife petition was approved and sent for the interview but my son still at the NVC,

As I discussed with the NVC before that the two petitions have to be linked together for same interview time but now they said they will have different interview times and also I don’t know when they will finish my son petition my wife interview after 3 weeks from September 12 2012,

Please advice what I have to do in that matter

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello every body,

I have two cases with the national visa center one case for my wife (IR1) and the other case for my son (3 years old IR2), my wife petition was approved and sent for the interview but my son still at the NVC,

As I discussed with the NVC before that the two petitions have to be linked together for same interview time but now they said they will have different interview times and also I don’t know when they will finish my son petition my wife interview after 3 weeks from September 12 2012,

Please advice what I have to do in that matter

Thank you

I'm going to assume you're a US citizen because you posted this in the forum for family members of US citizens, and because you mentioned IR1 and IR2, even though your profile says F2A.

One reason the child's petition could get held up is if there's a question about the child's eligibility for a visa. For example, if the child is your biological son, and if you were a US citizen when the child was born and you met the US physical presence requirements, then the child would not be eligible for a visa because it has a valid claim to US citizenship at birth. They would require you to file a CRBA and get a US passport for the child. Another example is if the child is your step-child, and there's reasonable doubt that the child is the biological child of your spouse. Many people try to get visas for cousins and nephews by claiming they are their children.

The thing that's odd about both of these scenarios is that they're usually dealt with at the consulate rather than NVC. Did they give you an explanation why the child's petition was being held up?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

I'm going to assume you're a US citizen because you posted this in the forum for family members of US citizens, and because you mentioned IR1 and IR2, even though your profile says F2A.

One reason the child's petition could get held up is if there's a question about the child's eligibility for a visa. For example, if the child is your biological son, and if you were a US citizen when the child was born and you met the US physical presence requirements, then the child would not be eligible for a visa because it has a valid claim to US citizenship at birth. They would require you to file a CRBA and get a US passport for the child. Another example is if the child is your step-child, and there's reasonable doubt that the child is the biological child of your spouse. Many people try to get visas for cousins and nephews by claiming they are their children.

The thing that's odd about both of these scenarios is that they're usually dealt with at the consulate rather than NVC. Did they give you an explanation why the child's petition was being held up?

Thank you for your reply for more explain I am upgraded the visa type for my wife and my son after i got the citizen, my son and my wife were in the same petition and i complete to submitted all the required document and fees and now my son have to have a separate petition at the nvc but all the civil document under my wife case they sent my wife petition for interview and my son still waiting for his paper to be approved I want them to be scheduled at the same interview time coz my son is 3 years old please advice what I have to do and who can set this arrange or push my son papers to be reviewed.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello.. i have the same situation like this now.. what hapaen to xur sons petition sir?

hi you from the phillipines, ? pilipino ka?

Thank you for your reply for more explain I am upgraded the visa type for my wife and my son after i got the citizen, my son and my wife were in the same petition and i complete to submitted all the required document and fees and now my son have to have a separate petition at the nvc but all the civil document under my wife case they sent my wife petition for interview and my son still waiting for his paper to be approved I want them to be scheduled at the same interview time coz my son is 3 years old please advice what I have to do and who can set this arrange or push my son papers to be reviewed.

hi bedo, your post is over a year but I have the same situation,, can you tell me what happened then to your son's petition?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

my case was, my i130 got approved on may 30,2013 it was actually upgraded on the say 25th of may.. then my husband (who's now a US citizen) filed a separate petition for our daughter(now aged 4)on July 1,2013 and got approved on Dec. 10,2013.,, my daughter's case status was updated that it was shipped to DOS on 13th of DEC. But my case status still remain, it says that on May 30, 2013 23 mailed you a letter that it was approved blah blah blah.,, it didn't say if it was shipped at NVC or DOS like my daughter's i130..just wondering if NVC or DOS linked our petition or if they've already received our approved petition.( am I making any sense?) ANYONE??

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

my case was, my i130 got approved on may 30,2013 it was actually upgraded on the say 25th of may.. then my husband (who's now a US citizen) filed a separate petition for our daughter(now aged 4)on July 1,2013 and got approved on Dec. 10,2013.,, my daughter's case status was updated that it was shipped to DOS on 13th of DEC. But my case status still remain, it says that on May 30, 2013 23 mailed you a letter that it was approved blah blah blah.,, it didn't say if it was shipped at NVC or DOS like my daughter's i130..just wondering if NVC or DOS linked our petition or if they've already received our approved petition.( am I making any sense?) ANYONE??

Have you done calling them (NVC). assuming you didn't, don't sit around and wait of their calls once it reach 20 days at least to get forward to the NVC then you must call them in since the approved was done long time ago it's pretty sure your child case has been sitting there for a long time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.