Thripple O

intend /do not intend

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys please i need help!! so I went ahead to get a cosponsor just to be safe and because we are dealing with lagos. My cosponsor however checked the box "i do not intend" and included k1 for permanent residence on the form i-134, on mine i didn't check any because I used the sample on visa journey. Please those of you who have gone through lagos will this work? also is the co-sponsor"s W2 enough? our interview is a month away, and i really need to fedex these items ASAP. thanks you, I await response.(please pardon me I am over thinking everything)

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys please i need help!! so I went ahead to get a cosponsor just to be safe and because we are dealing with lagos. My cosponsor however checked the box "i do not intend" and included k1 for permanent residence on the form i-134, on mine i didn't check any because I used the sample on visa journey. Please those of you who have gone through lagos will this work? also is the co-sponsor"s W2 enough? our interview is a month away, and i really need to fedex these items ASAP. thanks you, I await response.(please pardon me I am over thinking everything)

What was the process to get the interview date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

1. My cosponsor however checked the box "i do not intend" That's fine just means they are financially supporting you. Long as you are showing you have some means to take care of your fiance soon to be husband you should be fine. Like living with relatives.

2. and included k1 for permanent residence on the form i-134, You mean the Petitioners address the co-sponsor put down as their address??

3. The co-sponsor"s W2 enough? You need to be ordering the last 3 years transcripts for them and for you. It will only take about 8 days so you need to order now. They need to see complete filings for those years. Also your Co-sponsors Letter of employment stating their current salary, paystubs

Whether it will work or not i would gather depends on how well you show you will support your fiance'. If you are working (I gather you are under the poverty line) but you need to also have your paystubs, letter of employment. The government is more concerned about the beneficiary using means tested governmental monies. Thats a no no.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

1. My cosponsor however checked the box "i do not intend" That's fine just means they are financially supporting you. Long as you are showing you have some means to take care of your fiance soon to be husband you should be fine. Like living with relatives.

2. and included k1 for permanent residence on the form i-134, You mean the Petitioners address the co-sponsor put down as their address??

3. The co-sponsor"s W2 enough? You need to be ordering the last 3 years transcripts for them and for you. It will only take about 8 days so you need to order now. They need to see complete filings for those years. Also your Co-sponsors Letter of employment stating their current salary, paystubs

Whether it will work or not i would gather depends on how well you show you will support your fiance'. If you are working (I gather you are under the poverty line) but you need to also have your paystubs, letter of employment. The government is more concerned about the beneficiary using means tested governmental monies. Thats a no no.

My co-sponsor is self employed, I already asked for his tax return, not sure what else to ask him for since he is self employed. As for me, I requested a letter from my employer, have 6 months pay stub and 2011 tax transcript. I am skeptical including "10 &"09 tax transcript because prior to 2010 I was a full time student and hardly made anything. That was why I decided to include a cosponsor. But I currently make above the line if we are only going off my current income. I just want to make sure am on the right track. I need to pray more and worry less. Thanks for your response

Timeline

What was the process to get the interview date?

After getting the approval letter(sorry not sure what the linguals are on VJ), I called visa processing office, they said it takes 15 working days, so I called every monday. My fiance emailed lagos every monday also for 3wks. then lagos would always send an auto response and then send a personalized email 2 days letter that they dont have the case and ask what the LGS # was(we didnt have one then) on the 3rd monday, we got the LGS #, i then emailed lagos, then got an email 2 days latter still saying they are sorry it takes time that they didn't have our case yet, to check back. But i was randomly going through an email address i hardly use, then I noticed email from lagos with interview date and form attachments(Thank God I had to check that inbox). they later sent a 2nd reply to my last email with the same IV date and attachement. From the approval to notice of interview date it was almost 4wks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My co-sponsor is self employed, I already asked for his tax return, not sure what else to ask him for since he is self employed. As for me, I requested a letter from my employer, have 6 months pay stub and 2011 tax transcript. I am skeptical including "10 &"09 tax transcript because prior to 2010 I was a full time student and hardly made anything. That was why I decided to include a cosponsor. But I currently make above the line if we are only going off my current income. I just want to make sure am on the right track. I need to pray more and worry less. Thanks for your response

First amen on the pray more worry less. I am in the same boat. 2011 was nothing I was living with husband in Nigeria. But current is great. Its about what you make now. The government just wants to make sure they won;t become a public charge you should be fine. But I would ask your co-sponsor to get tax transcripts instead of all thse forms and W2's and such. The transcriipts have in it all that NVC and embassy loves to see all on a few pages.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.