pinklady0216

question about Nbi..clearance on interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi just want to ask...for those who were approved here..my interview is on aug.17....is it ok if i just have my local NBI....i get also my nbi for travel abroad (US)...but it will take 8-10days to claim.....is it ok if i will present NBI clearance Local during the interview? .....or cancel the interview first then wait for my nbi..thankss...plss..any comments or suggestions...God bless

hi just want to ask...for those who were approved here..my interview is on aug.17....is it ok if i just have my local NBI....i get also my nbi for travel abroad (US)...but it will take 8-10days to claim.....is it ok if i will present NBI clearance Local during the interview? .....or cancel the interview first then wait for my nbi..thankss...plss..any comments or suggestions...God bless

what do u mean local nbi clearance..?

if u dont have nbi travel for abroad then u will get a 221g after ur interview... they will gonna ask u to submit that nbi travel abroad... u dont have to cancel ur interview... show them the receipt so US Embassy is inform that u already requested for it just that the issuance date is after ur interview day....

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no local NBI....NBI means National Bureau of Investigation. You need the green NBI for purpose of Travel Abroad. Must have all names you have ever used....good luck to you.

NBI clearance issued in YELLOW paper is only valid in the Philippines for Employment purposes in the Phils- They call it as 'LOCAL'

GREEN paper is for "TRAVEL ABROAD"- that is what you need. :thumbs:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

NBI clearance issued in YELLOW paper is only valid in the Philippines for Employment purposes in the Phils- They call it as 'LOCAL'

GREEN paper is for "TRAVEL ABROAD"- that is what you need. :thumbs:

Ohhhhhh....ok. I understand now. "local" as in Philippines only.

I would keep the interview appointment on the 17th of August rather than postpone it. It takes a lot longer to get another interview appointment (perhaps in October or November) than to get an exception for not having the proper NBI clearance. All the Embassy care about is if your clearance is expired or not. So I think once you present an unexpired NBI clearance it would be okay. If not, they would ask for the "green" clearance but approve you in the process. They would still require the NBI for "immigration or travel abroad; MAYBE), but in the process you'd be approved and won't need to reschedule your interview.

Just my two cents...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.