frank82

I need help with an i-864

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello and thanks for any help in advance,

My mom (US citizen) is the petitioning sponsor for my sister (unmarried over 21 with 1 child), she doesn't qualify with her income so I (mom's son) am helping with mine. I don't live in the same residence with my mom. Based on the instructions for the I864 it doesn't mention what do to in that case, it only tells you that I must fill out an I-864A since im a joint sponsor. I heard that I can fill out my own I864 because we don't live together.. true?

Now, I am married with 1 baby. I am gonna be the joint sponsor for both my sister and her son. When I get to part 5(household size) of my I864 it tells me to add the number of persons im sponsoring (2) plus myself, wife and my child dependent (3), for a total of (5), How's that possible when Im not going to live with my sister or her son, why is it having me add those 2 to my household size? Even with a household of 5 I would still be able to qualify with my income but it doesn't make any sense adding them both to my household when they are going to be part of another household with my mom. please explain this.

As far the current income, do I put what I've made year to date? or what I think I will have made for the whole year?

Also, I file my tax returns jointly with my wife but I don't want to get her involved in all this, or do I have to?.. because if I show my tax returns its gonna show our income together, how can I just make my income count and not hers?

I think thats all the questions for now, thanks anyone for helping!!

Frank

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are proving you make enough to support everyone. So you have to make enough for your family plus the immigrants you are suportting. They use the word household size to mean number of supportees.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

You are proving you make enough to support everyone. So you have to make enough for your family plus the immigrants you are suportting. They use the word household size to mean number of supportees.

Hi, I would just like to know if I am the petitioner for my parents and if my income is not enough to support them, Then I will have to have my spouse to be my joint sponsor. My question is, Will i be filling out the I-864 as a petitioner? and my spouse to fill out the I 864A as a household member? And as for my employment, I only work for an employment agency, part time and temporary job. There are times I do not work on an assignment for one month. Do I still have to provide my employment letter and paystubs right? Been working for almost 6 months only. I just want to make sure I understand everything in I-864. Thanks

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.