clar

Phone Call Logs For Lagos Interview - With or Without Logo/Letterhead

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I need help concerning phone call logs from Nigerian Phone company. I got my call logs from Airtel Nigeria but it didn't come on the company stationery/letterhead or logo. Its just an excel spreadsheet with all the call information: Date... outgoing number....in coming number...location of the Airtel phone. Does it have to be on Airtel Stationery/Letterhead or logo or should I be fine the way Airtel sent it.

I am worried because I read somewhere on here that Lagos Consulate wants the Phone Call Logs to have logo or phone company letter head...Don't know now if I read that correctly.

Nigerian VJ members who have gone through Lagos interview, how did you print your phone call logs? With phone company logo/letterhead or just on plain sheets of paper without logo/letterhead?

Thank you for your help

Timeline

I also read that letterhead was necessary back when my husband and I were preparing. You may want to contact Airtel and have them write you a letter even if it states that they cannot provide what you are asking for still attach it with what they sent to you. Perhaps you could focus on getting the USC to get their call logs from their provider. I also went through the additional step of making sure that I screenprinted our rebtel usage, because I read that they did not accept that from a couple due to it not having the company's name.

If you can't get Airtel pls make sure the USC has theirs. BEST OF

LUCK!

Timeline

It is in your best interest to have the logo/letterhead on your records as anyone can type a spreadsheet. I have always included mine with either the logo or at the bottom of the page it prints out the website, but again....anyone can could type that in there. I dont know how you will be able to do this if that is what they send out, unless you ask them to include their logo or do a screen shot if you are able to pull it up online. Best of luck to you!

TracyJo

Timeline

I also read that letterhead was necessary back when my husband and I were preparing. You may want to contact Airtel and have them write you a letter even if it states that they cannot provide what you are asking for still attach it with what they sent to you. Perhaps you could focus on getting the USC to get their call logs from their provider. I also went through the additional step of making sure that I screenprinted our rebtel usage, because I read that they did not accept that from a couple due to it not having the company's name.

If you can't get Airtel pls make sure the USC has theirs. BEST OF

LUCK!

Thanks so much! I emailed Airtel and was asked to come in their office to speak with a supervisor. My wife (USC)'s logs from her provider also came without letterhead/logo. She's going back to her service provider today. We didn't use rebtel... just our phones with lots of incoming and out going calls from our phones both ways... only thing now is to get the logs on phone company's letterhead. Once again, thanks for your help...really means so much to me

Timeline

It is in your best interest to have the logo/letterhead on your records as anyone can type a spreadsheet. I have always included mine with either the logo or at the bottom of the page it prints out the website, but again....anyone can could type that in there. I dont know how you will be able to do this if that is what they send out, unless you ask them to include their logo or do a screen shot if you are able to pull it up online. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your reply. I emailed and called Airtel, the person I spoke to did say the spreadsheet they sent me is what they send to everyone that has requested call logs for embassy and that none except me has insisted on it being on letterhead/with logo; he however said that people can "customize the call logs the way they want"... Could he be suggesting that I go on their website and copy their logo/website screenshot and use for the logs? Then again, he said this on the phone and I can't quote him, plus, I don't want my call logs to look different to the CO, assuming the CO at Lagos is used to seeing Airtel call logs without logo/letterhead.

Have you gone through the interview already, and if yes, was there any issues with the logo you inserted in your call logs...And were your logs from a Nigerian company?

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I emailed and called Airtel, the person I spoke to did say the spreadsheet they sent me is what they send to everyone that has requested call logs for embassy and that none except me has insisted on it being on letterhead/with logo; he however said that people can "customize the call logs the way they want"... Could he be suggesting that I go on their website and copy their logo/website screenshot and use for the logs? Then again, he said this on the phone and I can't quote him, plus, I don't want my call logs to look different to the CO, assuming the CO at Lagos is used to seeing Airtel call logs without logo/letterhead.

Have you gone through the interview already, and if yes, was there any issues with the logo you inserted in your call logs...And were your logs from a Nigerian company?

The phone logs were never questioned, as I printed from my calling card company and my cell phone for his incoming calls. I did not even ask him to try and get records as I had access to them. Yes, we went through our interview, but were denied, but not because of phone logs.

As for your logs looking different, if they contain the logo, it then appears legit, you know? Every case is unique, and it is always in your best interest to put the CO in the right mind frame. What is it you wish to convey? Going with the flow or going out of the way to present the best case? Just some food for thought.

TracyJo

Timeline

The phone logs were never questioned, as I printed from my calling card company and my cell phone for his incoming calls. I did not even ask him to try and get records as I had access to them. Yes, we went through our interview, but were denied, but not because of phone logs.

As for your logs looking different, if they contain the logo, it then appears legit, you know? Every case is unique, and it is always in your best interest to put the CO in the right mind frame. What is it you wish to convey? Going with the flow or going out of the way to present the best case? Just some food for thought.

Dear Iyawo_Omo_Yoruba, I'm so sorry to hear that you were denied. If you don't mind, would you be willing to let me know the reason you were denied... could be a huge help to me and others with upcoming interviews.

As for the logo on the call logs, I think you have a point on "Going with the flow or going out of the way to present the best case"

I know my spouse's call records should have my incoming calls but the reason I requested from Airtel Nigeria is that my spouse (USC)'s provider can only give call history of the last 6 months, but many years of call logs can be requested from Airtel.. which is what I did.

Edited by clar

Timeline

Okay reasons for denial:

I knew nothing about this process, I put my trust in a smooth talking attorney and allowed him to do our filing. He never prepped us for the interview stage, requirements needed, nothing. So my husband walked into that interview missing key elements such as:

He nor I had no copy of the original petition, which is where some questions come from during the interview. One cannot expect a person to remember every little conversation, let alone have no idea which conversations were submitted.

He did not bring with him the copies of original documents (which can look like fraud)

I didn't think like a CO. I submitted evidence that probably wasn't in our best interest in the eyes of a stranger.

I was naive in thinking that our love would be so apparent they couldn't possibly deny us! But the kicker is, the CO's want to see the validity and realness of a relationship, not just the mushy gushy stuff. The evidence should be well rounded and viewed objectively through a CO's eyes, how do THEY see this relationship? You are in short, asking the CO to prove you innocent when the belief is you are guilty!

We already know what the CO thought by his behavior the day of the interview. He had his mind made up, and my husband walked in there with nothing further to present other than himself with no knowledge of what to expect during the interview.

The pics that were submitted with our petition were photocopies, he should have taken the real ones along with him.

We faced a few red flags...

I am older by 12 years

My first visit I went for 4 days and we were married during my short stay.

I was unable to travel one year due to medical and financial hardships but didn't think to include that evidence for him to take to the interview.

I am sure there are more red flags but off the top of my head these are what I am coming up with.....

Your best defense is in your preparation and self confidence. Know your information, be honest if you don't know or cannot remember, because they are looking at your character to see what kind of person you are. If you openly lie about something, then they will doubt you on all other answers. And it IS okay if you don't know or cannot remember it all, except for the very important information a married couple should have regarding each other!

That is all I can think of for now. Best of luck to you!!!

TracyJo

Timeline

Okay reasons for denial:

I knew nothing about this process, I put my trust in a smooth talking attorney and allowed him to do our filing. He never prepped us for the interview stage, requirements needed, nothing. So my husband walked into that interview missing key elements such as:

He nor I had no copy of the original petition, which is where some questions come from during the interview. One cannot expect a person to remember every little conversation, let alone have no idea which conversations were submitted.

He did not bring with him the copies of original documents (which can look like fraud)

I didn't think like a CO. I submitted evidence that probably wasn't in our best interest in the eyes of a stranger.

I was naive in thinking that our love would be so apparent they couldn't possibly deny us! But the kicker is, the CO's want to see the validity and realness of a relationship, not just the mushy gushy stuff. The evidence should be well rounded and viewed objectively through a CO's eyes, how do THEY see this relationship? You are in short, asking the CO to prove you innocent when the belief is you are guilty!

We already know what the CO thought by his behavior the day of the interview. He had his mind made up, and my husband walked in there with nothing further to present other than himself with no knowledge of what to expect during the interview.

The pics that were submitted with our petition were photocopies, he should have taken the real ones along with him.

We faced a few red flags...

I am older by 12 years

My first visit I went for 4 days and we were married during my short stay.

I was unable to travel one year due to medical and financial hardships but didn't think to include that evidence for him to take to the interview.

I am sure there are more red flags but off the top of my head these are what I am coming up with.....

Your best defense is in your preparation and self confidence. Know your information, be honest if you don't know or cannot remember, because they are looking at your character to see what kind of person you are. If you openly lie about something, then they will doubt you on all other answers. And it IS okay if you don't know or cannot remember it all, except for the very important information a married couple should have regarding each other!

That is all I can think of for now. Best of luck to you!!!

Thank you so much for the information. Really helpful. I agree that one can't depend solely on an attorney in this process. My spouse had an attorney on ours too but we still do our own research and sometimes when we bring up our findings to the attorney, he ended up using our findings.

I have read that Lagos Consulate is one of the toughest to go through, so we're doing our best to get as much supporting documents as possible, prepare, get organized, pray and have God see us all through this.

My prayers are with you and I hope there's a way to turn the denial around, like an appeal through your congressmen... think I read something like that somewhere or my wife mentioned it, not sure now.

All the best!

Timeline

Our denial is simply a delay, we are already back at Lagos waiting for a second interview date. My husband and I believe that even though we werent prepared the first time, we simply need to continue waiting on God's time! A delay was in order for a reason, and who are we to question God's authority? Every step encountered has brought us both to different places within our lives together and separately. We understand that God is good all the time, and also that our mortal wants and needs do not necessarily line up with our Father's at the same time. :)

Many blessings and favor to you on this journey!

TracyJo

Timeline

Our denial is simply a delay, we are already back at Lagos waiting for a second interview date. My husband and I believe that even though we werent prepared the first time, we simply need to continue waiting on God's time! A delay was in order for a reason, and who are we to question God's authority? Every step encountered has brought us both to different places within our lives together and separately. We understand that God is good all the time, and also that our mortal wants and needs do not necessarily line up with our Father's at the same time. :)

Amen! here's wishing you blessings and God's favor as well, this second time of your interview. Thanks for your time

Amen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.