Mimin Rustin

Confuse on form I-864ez part 4

6 posts in this topic

Dear VJ Friends,

We just received to pay for the Immigrant Visa Applicant processing USD 230.

Before we made the payment my husband is about to filing of form I-864EZ.

We got stumbled on the part 4 of the household size.

at point :

b. Your spouse

according to the instruction if you are married and your spouse not included in line (b) to enter "1", since we enter 2 in line (a) does it mean we need to enter 2 ?? since we are married.

c. Your dependent children under age 21

My husband has 2 children under age 21 but they are not under his custody, does it mean we need to enter 2 ?

d. If you have sponsor any other person on I-864 who are now lawfully permanent residents in the US enter here

My husband ex wife was a panamian then she is now become US citizenship, do we need to include her or we just fill in (0) zero).

f. Add together line number a,b,c,d, e

does it mean we need to calculate from point a ???

Please help.. thank you in advance for your kind assistance and attention.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Dear VJ Friends,

We just received to pay for the Immigrant Visa Applicant processing USD 230.

Before we made the payment my husband is about to filing of form I-864EZ.

We got stumbled on the part 4 of the household size.

at point :

b. Your spouse

according to the instruction if you are married and your spouse not included in line (b) to enter "1", since we enter 2 in line (a) does it mean we need to enter 2 ?? since we are married.

c. Your dependent children under age 21

My husband has 2 children under age 21 but they are not under his custody, does it mean we need to enter 2 ?

d. If you have sponsor any other person on I-864 who are now lawfully permanent residents in the US enter here

My husband ex wife was a panamian then she is now become US citizenship, do we need to include her or we just fill in (0) zero).

f. Add together line number a,b,c,d, e

does it mean we need to calculate from point a ???

Please help.. thank you in advance for your kind assistance and attention.

These forms are sometimes confusing. The important thing is 'do not count anyone twice' because sometimes a person may fall into two different categories.

In b enter 'zero' - the beneficiary, i.e. you, the spouse, is already included in 'a'.

In c enter '2' for the children if he is financially responsible for them and/or if he claims them as dependents or any child support in his tax returns.

In d you can enter zero if you are absolutely sure his ex-wife has become a US citizen, otherwise enter 1.

Add all the entries I.e. a+b+c+d+e and enter the total in 'f' . In your case 'f' will be no lower than 2 and no higher than 5.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

These forms are sometimes confusing. The important thing is 'do not count anyone twice' because sometimes a person may fall into two different categories.

In b enter 'zero' - the beneficiary, i.e. you, the spouse, is already included in 'a'.

In c enter '2' for the children if he is financially responsible for them and/or if he claims them as dependents or any child support in his tax returns.

In d you can enter zero if you are absolutely sure his ex-wife has become a US citizen, otherwise enter 1.

Add all the entries I.e. a+b+c+d+e and enter the total in 'f' . In your case 'f' will be no lower than 2 and no higher than 5.

I hope this helps.

The above has one error.

Yes, do not count the spouse twice.

Enter 2 simply because he has two children under 21. Whether he supports them or claims them doesn't matter.

A citizen is not "now a permanent resident". They are a "citizen". Don't count them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Dear Gegel & Pushbrk,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

I have another question, literally we haven't received the form I-864ez, we just called USCIS and they advised to fill out the I-864 form, and it confused us whether we are filling the right form or not. My questions are :

1. Since am the only one being sponsored by my husband does it mean that we just use form I-864ez ?

2. If we need all the 3 years tax copies ? because it says year 2 & 4 are optional

3. On income my husband is a veteran and on income what my husband pit on taxes is different than annual income (due to his veteran money not taxable and not considered income) do we need to add it to it ?

Sorry for too many questions and again greatly appreciate to your kind assistance.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Dear Gegel & Pushbrk,

I have another question, literally we haven't received the form I-864ez, we just called USCIS and they advised to fill out the I-864 form, and it confused us whether we are filling the right form or not. My questions are :

1. Since am the only one being sponsored by my husband does it mean that we just use form I-864ez ?

2. If we need all the 3 years tax copies ? because it says year 2 & 4 are optional

3. On income my husband is a veteran and on income what my husband pit on taxes is different than annual income (due to his veteran money not taxable and not considered income) do we need to add it to it ?

Sorry for too many questions and again greatly appreciate to your kind assistance.

USCIS has nothing to do with your case at this stage. There are three questions at the top of the I-864EZ. If all three can be answered yes, use it. Don't wait to receive it. You will not. The USC needs to download and complete it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Dear Gegel & Pushbrk,

USCIS has nothing to do with your case at this stage. There are three questions at the top of the I-864EZ. If all three can be answered yes, use it. Don't wait to receive it. You will not. The USC needs to download and complete it.

X 2...

You can download all the forms you need from the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.