LeeAnna

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI EVERYONE!

one quick question;

for the fiancee visa there's this affidavit of support that my fiance needs to file. whats the difference between i-134 and and I-864? and which of these two is necessary? im lazy to go over the info so i might as well just ask here . haha. thank you all..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

In general, your petitioner needs the I-134 for the K1 visa and then the I-864 for AOS after marriage.

Lazyness is not going to get you a visa, this is a process where, if you do it yourself, you need to do a lot of reading and researching.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow....your lazy? When I started this process I was so anxious to gobble up all the information that I could get. I read everything I could get my hands on.....I now know way more than I need to know, but still willing to learn more.

At a minimum, the next 4 years of your life will be so much involved with the immigration service...

Timeline

wow....your lazy? When I started this process I was so anxious to gobble up all the information that I could get. I read everything I could get my hands on.....I now know way more than I need to know, but still willing to learn more.

At a minimum, the next 4 years of your life will be so much involved with the immigration service...

Good point. SO many people getting very mad and upset in just waiting on their NOA2. It's going to be a long ride for some and remember you're dealing with the government, they don't care if you're with your loved ones....

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

hi everyone! :)

well thank you so much for the replies, one has been helpful most of all but i think ill also consider the advice of others and thank them as well. you see, after almost 7 years of long distance relationship and still not TOGETHER TOGETHER, the being TOGETHER somehow doesn't seem to be much of a big deal anymore. although don't get me wrong, of course, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! what i'm trying to say is, i've done my part. the research, the reading, the wanting to know more, the eagerness to know more, that and all. but maybe im not diligent enough to know MORE than what i already know since im actually asking, or perhaps, i just got fed up somehow. the process after all isn't that much important to me, coz bottom line is we're going to be together somehow, someway.

besides, i wanted my fiance to just live with me here, coz im certain there wont be much of this entire nerve racking process. so i guess now it's not a shocker if im NOT THAT into it. but AGAIN, just to make this clear : THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME. not like IT"S NOT. aside from researching isn't much of my thing, this isn't really how i want it to happen, but since it's easier for him, i agreed. after all, love is a strong impulse and he swept me off my feet,,,, so IM not THAT lazy, thank you very much.

and quoting what one said, yep, noa2 is not just upsetting, esp if one receives an RFE which WE DID by the way, took another 3 mos to process all that, almost an entire-waiting-for-noa2 time frame, it is emotionally and mentally stressful, well, least it used to be.

actually the only thing that made this entire thing difficult for me is, the last time we held each other was 2 years ago. had it been like the first 4 years, i would've been fine. but the waiting is all part of the excitement actually, true, it hurts like hell everytime our loved ones would leave us, but the knowing he/she will be back again, and each time is always like a first time again, it's exciting. although nothing could be more exciting than waking up each morning and going to bed each night holding each other for the rest of your life, that's true too.

but this entire process, this VISA JOURNEY :) it is stressful..... and id rather not stress myself more than how i already have in the last 2 years, which is why, im asking here, coz i heard people here knows everything and oh, isnt this the purpose of this site?? :whistle::whistle: ???? ?????? ??????

have a good one everyone and thanks again! :thumbs:

Well, since you already know how the process starts, then you must have read some of this already. Penguin answered your question directly, but of course, there is a lot more that goes with it. I'd start here: http://www.visajourn...uides-and-info/ and do some reading, since there is no rush to accomplish your visa. That post is 14 pages long right now, but there are links right in the first post that will walk you thru each step, including all the forms necessary to file.

Hope this helps, and good luck in your journey!

Edit: just re-read your post, and it looks like you may have received your NOA2... Is this true? If so, when? Because the clock is ticking, and if you don't move forward in the process, it will just drop from the system and you will have to start all over, and THAT would stress me the heck out!

Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI EVERYONE!

one quick question;

for the fiancee visa there's this affidavit of support that my fiance needs to file. whats the difference between i-134 and and I-864? and which of these two is necessary? im lazy to go over the info so i might as well just ask here . haha. thank you all..

This is K1 Interview Preparation Instructions (English) (PDF - 285 KB). Just click directly on that link.

Timeline

Well, since you already know how the process starts, then you must have read some of this already. Penguin answered your question directly, but of course, there is a lot more that goes with it. I'd start here: http://www.visajourn...uides-and-info/ and do some reading, since there is no rush to accomplish your visa. That post is 14 pages long right now, but there are links right in the first post that will walk you thru each step, including all the forms necessary to file.

Hope this helps, and good luck in your journey!

Edit: just re-read your post, and it looks like you may have received your NOA2... Is this true? If so, when? Because the clock is ticking, and if you don't move forward in the process, it will just drop from the system and you will have to start all over, and THAT would stress me the heck out!

hi, thank you for the information! that's a lot to read indeed! haha. but ill read it. :thumbs:

yea, received the noa2 couple of months back. last May actually. YUp, couldn't agree more, time is ticking and this time it's FAST! My fiance lost the NVC letter sent last June, seriously i don't know what's happening to us. we are either so stressed out or we're both losing our minds. He called NVC just 2 days ago! uh huh, that bad of a situation. Speaking of which, any idea on the request for extension?or as youve said, it's really starting all over again? God forbid. i did research somehow, haha, and was told only a consular officer can grant it, but how it even works, i have no idea, duno if i should call embassy or nvc or uscis. man, this is stressful.

my fiance and i , we have this bad habit of 'procrastinating' or laziness , ok..hahaha... also, he kept insisting on the instruction letter from the embassy which isnt of any importance. though we really did our best, guess we just let time fly like it's nothing. and it ain't good. i know that now... :crying:

Timeline

hi, thank you for the information! that's a lot to read indeed! haha. but ill read it. :thumbs:

yea, received the noa2 couple of months back. last May actually. YUp, couldn't agree more, time is ticking and this time it's FAST! My fiance lost the NVC letter sent last June, seriously i don't know what's happening to us. we are either so stressed out or we're both losing our minds. He called NVC just 2 days ago! uh huh, that bad of a situation. Speaking of which, any idea on the request for extension?or as youve said, it's really starting all over again? God forbid. i did research somehow, haha, and was told only a consular officer can grant it, but how it even works, i have no idea, duno if i should call embassy or nvc or uscis. man, this is stressful.

my fiance and i , we have this bad habit of 'procrastinating' or laziness , ok..hahaha... also, he kept insisting on the instruction letter from the embassy which isnt of any importance. though we really did our best, guess we just let time fly like it's nothing. and it ain't good. i know that now... :crying:

Relax and take a deeeeeeeeep breathe..... Ok, you're almost there..Did you pay your interview fee yet? If not, pay at BPI and set up your interview RIGHT AWAY.. Then take your medical and CFO while your waiting for your interview. Interview's are quite aways out right now, so plenty of time for your fiance to send you the I-134 Affidavit of Support and the documents they want with that. Have him fill that out, inlcude the reuired info( W-2's, pay-stubs, tax transcripts for last two years, copy of tax returns, ect..) HE will have all of that and more the better. Then just read the instructions ion the link above of what you need to fill out and bring to the interview. There is a list there and will tell you all. And you can download the forms rigfht from that link, the embassy website. Good luck and get moving, you need to be with your fiance NOW....

NO RFE'S

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

Timeline

Relax and take a deeeeeeeeep breathe..... Ok, you're almost there..Did you pay your interview fee yet? If not, pay at BPI and set up your interview RIGHT AWAY.. Then take your medical and CFO while your waiting for your interview. Interview's are quite aways out right now, so plenty of time for your fiance to send you the I-134 Affidavit of Support and the documents they want with that. Have him fill that out, inlcude the reuired info( W-2's, pay-stubs, tax transcripts for last two years, copy of tax returns, ect..) HE will have all of that and more the better. Then just read the instructions ion the link above of what you need to fill out and bring to the interview. There is a list there and will tell you all. And you can download the forms rigfht from that link, the embassy website. Good luck and get moving, you need to be with your fiance NOW....

hi there! :)

uhm, i havent. haha! by monday i will. what's CFO by the way? i always hear that, but never really bothered to ask. so i guess now is should ask. :) yes, i think there wont be slots for august so i will prolly have an appointment next month. least before sept 8. that's our deadline.

wow, didnt know the thing for affidavit of support was the last 2 years, thought just the other year, so thank you. :thumbs: the list of requirements i have them with me, prepared them about 5 mos ago. it's only the affidavit of support thing that im not so aware of since that's one thing my fiance should be taking care of. which he is but we could always use some helpful information, such as what you just told me. :)

thank you, hope ill survive this one, unlike the first time i had an interview, i was dumbfounded, which caused the refusal of my visa. hahaha.. I KNOW,,, :crying: we need to be together.... this process is heart breaking to the core. it's been a drag :(

Timeline

hi there! :)

uhm, i havent. haha! by monday i will. what's CFO by the way? i always hear that, but never really bothered to ask. so i guess now is should ask. :) yes, i think there wont be slots for august so i will prolly have an appointment next month. least before sept 8. that's our deadline.

wow, didnt know the thing for affidavit of support was the last 2 years, thought just the other year, so thank you. :thumbs: the list of requirements i have them with me, prepared them about 5 mos ago. it's only the affidavit of support thing that im not so aware of since that's one thing my fiance should be taking care of. which he is but we could always use some helpful information, such as what you just told me. :)

thank you, hope ill survive this one, unlike the first time i had an interview, i was dumbfounded, which caused the refusal of my visa. hahaha.. I KNOW,,, :crying: we need to be together.... this process is heart breaking to the core. it's been a drag :(

CFO is a seminar that all filipino's have to attend to go abroad for work or marriage. Its only 4 hours long, don't worry about that so much. Your BIG problem is that you said you have until Sep 8th or you your past your deadline. You need to pay today and call the embassy and tell them you need an expedited appointment due to what you just said. Right now first available appointments are at the end of September at the very least, I havent called in 2 days. With all of these cancelled interviews it is sure to be out a couple months. You better light a fire under you and your fiancee's ^&% and get moving or you will be trying all over.

Or maybe you don't want to go or he is dragging his feet, seems somethings up if your on your second try and your about to expire again.

NO RFE'S

Timeline

CFO is a seminar that all filipino's have to attend to go abroad for work or marriage. Its only 4 hours long, don't worry about that so much. Your BIG problem is that you said you have until Sep 8th or you your past your deadline. You need to pay today and call the embassy and tell them you need an expedited appointment due to what you just said. Right now first available appointments are at the end of September at the very least, I havent called in 2 days. With all of these cancelled interviews it is sure to be out a couple months. You better light a fire under you and your fiancee's ^&% and get moving or you will be trying all over.

Or maybe you don't want to go or he is dragging his feet, seems somethings up if your on your second try and your about to expire again.

oh, an expedited appointment , would we even qualify? arent they choosy or something? but my fiance and i will discuss that tonight. or better yet, ill wake him up now! hahahahaha...there's no slots for the first week of sept???? oh good heavens,,,i was hoping there'd be at least two or so. cancelled interview? havent heared of that one before.

light a fire on our a****,,, hahahahahaha..that's a good one. but yes i see your point vividly. no, my first interview was on a student visa, that was 5 years ago... you are funny . haha. but thanks really. i have my first laugh this morning. :lol:

USEM has been closed lately due to the flooding. Hence, visa applicants scheduled on those days have had to reschedule their interviews.

Would you qualify for an expedite? You won't know if you don't try.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.