Dana and Divine

Interview Question Game

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I dont think it is fake they are going to be talking to someone who is going to be switching things around to make them sound like they dont know us.. I think it gives them a little more self confidence for when they are talking to the interviewer. I am amazed sometimes the things my husband remembers about me and our conversations but that is between us he is comfortable with me... He is not going to be so comfortable with the person at the embassy. So thank you ladies I made a copy of your questions and sent them to my husband to look at to give him an idea of what he is going to have to deal with. And I am definetly not critizing your opinion just giving you another way of looking at what they are doing I think everyone has to handle this journey the way they want to so they can get to the end with some sanity left...

:thumbs:

We did this as well & it helped so much. Hubby has a very scientific mind & he is very bad with dates. We studied these things like it were a test, because as you said "I don't know" will simply not work with Lagos. Also, add in laws, they asked Hubby about my brother's wife too.

I never thought about inlaws. Divine does know I have a brother and two sisters and he knows they are married and how many kids they have, but he doesn't know their names. He knows my sisters because they talk to him on the phone.

Its not easy to tell people about being scammed. It makes me sound pathetic! But it's the truth and so when I try to make a comment about something, its not that Im critizing, Im trying to talk from experience...the good and the bad.

Thats great that you got to live with your husband for so long. AND in Nigeria!! you must have some great stories!! lol. As I said, my husband is Nigerian, so I have been to Nigeria a couple times, but for the most part we live in Ghana together. It almost seems like another world here compared to Nigeria. Nothing beats face to face visits and time spent together when it comes to getting to know each other. Congrats on making it happen!!

I personally don't think it makes you sound pathetic! Hell I was scammed by my last husband of 10 years...when the money was gone and he had me in bankruptsy court...guess what, his #### jetted out the door. Who stood by me through it all and talked to my two year old son every night so he could go to sleep?....My Nigerian Friend, who is now my husband. And Divine did not find me on Facebook, I invited him to be my friend. He never had any intention to marry someone in the US or ever leave his country. He is a very proud African man and he has a very good job that he has held for 17 years. That was part of the attraction. We are the same age, have the same faith, have been on our jobs the same amount of years and We LOOK ALIKE (black and white versions of each other)! See we already look like we've been married and feeding each other 25 years! Hahahah

But my husband is very shy by nature. I started this game with him in order to bring him out of his shell and make him feel comfortable answering questions. I noticed early on in our relationship, if I'd ask him a question...he'd say "I think" and then answer it. I'd reply "you think, or you know?" He'd laugh and correct himself as he got more comfortable. Now think about this. If my husband walks into the interview and the CO asks him..."Mr. Divine" who is petitioning for you? If his answer is "I think" my wife Dana. Do you think he is coming home with me? Hell to the naw...

So I'm not staging him. I am preparing him without him even knowing what I'm doing and at the same time...I get to drill my birthday, our wedding anniversary, etc., over and over again into his male skull! :rofl: So it certainly benefits me too!

I'm praying for the CO who talks to my husband and reviews our paperwork as well. I have been waiting and my baby boy has been waiting for almost three years...we are all ready! God bless everyone's journey! Much love!

I dont think it is fake they are going to be talking to someone who is going to be switching things around to make them sound like they dont know us.. I think it gives them a little more self confidence for when they are talking to the interviewer. I am amazed sometimes the things my husband remembers about me and our conversations but that is between us he is comfortable with me... He is not going to be so comfortable with the person at the embassy. So thank you ladies I made a copy of your questions and sent them to my husband to look at to give him an idea of what he is going to have to deal with. And I am definetly not critizing your opinion just giving you another way of looking at what they are doing I think everyone has to handle this journey the way they want to so they can get to the end with some sanity left...

Amen!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I personally don't think it makes you sound pathetic! Hell I was scammed by my last husband of 10 years...when the money was gone and he had me in bankruptsy court...guess what, his #### jetted out the door. Who stood by me through it all and talked to my two year old son every night so he could go to sleep?....My Nigerian Friend, who is now my husband. And Divine did not find me on Facebook, I invited him to be my friend. He never had any intention to marry someone in the US or ever leave his country. He is a very proud African man and he has a very good job that he has held for 17 years. That was part of the attraction. We are the same age, have the same faith, have been on our jobs the same amount of years and We LOOK ALIKE (black and white versions of each other)! See we already look like we've been married and feeding each other 25 years! Hahahah

But my husband is very shy by nature. I started this game with him in order to bring him out of his shell and make him feel comfortable answering questions. I noticed early on in our relationship, if I'd ask him a question...he'd say "I think" and then answer it. I'd reply "you think, or you know?" He'd laugh and correct himself as he got more comfortable. Now think about this. If my husband walks into the interview and the CO asks him..."Mr. Divine" who is petitioning for you? If his answer is "I think" my wife Dana. Do you think he is coming home with me? Hell to the naw...

So I'm not staging him. I am preparing him without him even knowing what I'm doing and at the same time...I get to drill my birthday, our wedding anniversary, etc., over and over again into his male skull! :rofl: So it certainly benefits me too!

I'm praying for the CO who talks to my husband and reviews our paperwork as well. I have been waiting and my baby boy has been waiting for almost three years...we are all ready! God bless everyone's journey! Much love!

Thank you for this response. It sounds like you and your husband have a great foundation and a relationship built to last. I wish the two of you all the best thru the process. I understand your point and I forget how men can be sometimes with their memory or answers. lol. Do you know that most of the questions I ask my husband are answered with a question? Is this a Nigerian thing? lol

I didnt mean to come across as being so critical of your post...I just couldnt help thinking of the real relationships on here vs the ones that are going to end up in heartbreak...and thinking this list is EXACTLY what someone like my EX is looking for so he can learn things on the 'need to know' basis just to get thru the embassy. And lets face it...a good percentage of people coming thru here are going to end up heartbroken..I was one of them. I was on here faithfully the first time, asking all the right questions, soaking in all the wealth of knowledge from people going thru it or having gone thru it. Followed instructions to the T and got that man into the US without a hitch....ughhhh!!! :bonk: Anyhow, in future posts, I'll try not to play the Devil's advocate too much. :devil: I know your list of questions will help the right people with the right intentions...and as for the rest...well...they will find a way with or without it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

@ D n D

My husband from day one had always been very observant of me and I know he has a great memory of our times, talking and being together...but him being reserved with strangers....your suggestions are good for a person about to be analyzed, interrogated and questioned under heavy scrutiny because of the past cases in a high fraud embassy.

Thank you for posting the list and sharing your game.

event.png

event.png

Thank you for this response. It sounds like you and your husband have a great foundation and a relationship built to last. I wish the two of you all the best thru the process. I understand your point and I forget how men can be sometimes with their memory or answers. lol. Do you know that most of the questions I ask my husband are answered with a question? Is this a Nigerian thing? lol

I didnt mean to come across as being so critical of your post...I just couldnt help thinking of the real relationships on here vs the ones that are going to end up in heartbreak...and thinking this list is EXACTLY what someone like my EX is looking for so he can learn things on the 'need to know' basis just to get thru the embassy. And lets face it...a good percentage of people coming thru here are going to end up heartbroken..I was one of them. I was on here faithfully the first time, asking all the right questions, soaking in all the wealth of knowledge from people going thru it or having gone thru it. Followed instructions to the T and got that man into the US without a hitch....ughhhh!!! :bonk: Anyhow, in future posts, I'll try not to play the Devil's advocate too much. :devil: I know your list of questions will help the right people with the right intentions...and as for the rest...well...they will find a way with or without it.

Do you know that most of the questions I ask my husband are answered with a question? Is this a Nigerian thing? lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This is most definitely a Nigerian thing! I'm crackin' up!

Thanks for you comments. I truly know how it feels to be used and abused. I'm one of those gals that beleive you get back 10 times over what you put in...and you're a sweetheart. That guy who hurt you will suffer for it. I'm seeing this first hand with the man who used me, but only because God is allowing me to see it. On the other hand, you have been truly blessed with a wonderful husband! God is still favoring you and you are still helping us! We all have crappy days...especially with all this waiting and anxious energy! But we truly do appreciate all you do in trying to protect us from the same fate.

@ D n D

My husband from day one had always been very observant of me and I know he has a great memory of our times, talking and being together...but him being reserved with strangers....your suggestions are good for a person about to be analyzed, interrogated and questioned under heavy scrutiny because of the past cases in a high fraud embassy.

Thank you for posting the list and sharing your game.

You're very welcome!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.